• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where to buy a 3lt tank?

I am looking for a shop that has 3 lt tank and valve for charging air guns. Went through all the usual sources. Pyramid air, Utah airguns, high pressure pneumatic, Air tanks for sale, AoA, etc.
I really don’t want to buy from Amazon, rather support an airgun shop.
I see some 100 cu in ones which are a little too small then jumps right to 74-100 cubic feet . Nothing in between.
I want to use my Hill compressor without putting too much load on it for each charge.
3 liters seems to be a good amount for enough charges for 3-6 card competition.

I am looking for a shop that has 3 lt tank and valve for charging air guns. Went through all the usual sources. Pyramid air, Utah airguns, high pressure pneumatic, Air tanks for sale, AoA, etc.
I really don’t want to buy from Amazon, rather support an airgun shop.
I see some 100 cu in ones which are a little too small then jumps right to 74-100 cubic feet . Nothing in between.
I want to use my Hill compressor without putting too much load on it for each charge.
3 liters seems to be a good amount for enough charges for 3-6 card competition.
Sorry I can't help with a supplier.
A 3 ltr bottle is a perfect combination with the Hill compressor. It's what I have.
A afternoon shooting, when back home top up the bottle, less than 10 minutes.
Normally about the time it takes to wipe the rifles over.
My 3ltr bottle came from Best Fittings UK.
Good luck with your search.

Sorry I can't help with a supplier.
A 3 ltr bottle is a perfect combination with the Hill compressor. It's what I have.
A afternoon shooting, when back home top up the bottle, less than 10 minutes.
Normally about the time it takes to wipe the rifles over.
My 3ltr bottle came from Best Fittings UK.
Good luck with your search.
I was looking at carbon bottles on Amazon, but they don’t tell you the date of manufacture and I can get valve .
Search continues

Reactions: Spinach
@birddogg845 Below is a link to a thread that I think will be very helpful for you. Member @Humdinger is has a great deal of knowledge on the subject (carbon bottles). It looks like you may have to buy a non USA made bottle if you are dead set on 3L. It might make sense to buy a larger tank and just fill it in stages giving your compressor a periodic rest so you don't over stress it... Good luck in your quest.

I was looking at carbon bottles on Amazon, but they don’t tell you the date of manufacture and I can get valve .
Search continues
I have a carbon 3 ltr Tuxing bottle just waiting for customs clearance.
Most of my Tuxing gear, so far has only been a couple of months old.
I'll give a update when I collect the carbon bottle.
Amazon stock, unfortunate I know nothing about.
Since I purchased the 3 ltr bottle, I sold my 6 and 10 ltr bottles, others now get better use of them.
Normally I never give my opinion on a forum, but because I agree with you I commented, based on personal experience. IMG_20230528_183622.jpg

Reactions: birddogg845
I have a carbon 3 ltr Tuxing bottle just waiting for customs clearance.
Most of my Tuxing gear, so far has only been a couple of months old.
I'll give a update when I collect the carbon bottle.
Amazon stock, unfortunate I know nothing about.
Since I purchased the 3 ltr bottle, I sold my 6 and 10 ltr bottles, others now get better use of them.
Normally I never give my opinion on a forum, but because I agree with you I commented, based on personal experience.View attachment 360064
Thank you

I'll second the 30 min SCBA as a possibility for your plan (which FWIW, I think is a good plan!). Believe they're ~4.5L, so would definitely take a longer run to fill at 4500 psi. Maybe could keep the run time down by filling to a lower pressure- would still get a similar number of fills due to the higher volume.
Would still be bigger/heavier than a 3L, though quite a bit smaller than the 74-100 cubic feet tanks.
I like the valves on the fireman's SCBA tanks better too, though that opinion is based on a small sample size (have or had 3 fireman's, 3 dive/airgun aftermarket).
Can catch some good deals on retired tanks on the AGN classifieds. Have snagged one MSA & one ISI (both made by Luxfer) 30 minute tanks with valves here in the last few months for ~$225 total. Filling them myself, but one of them still has 2+ years on a current hydro.

Last edited:
Aliexpress.com is the source for 3L bottles. Since you have your own compressor, a CE approved bottle is no problem. The only negative is that they are all M18*1.5 thread instead of U.S. 7/8-14 thread. You might consider getting an M18*1.5 to 7/8-14 threaded adapter when you order the tank. That way you can get a better quality U.S. made fill assembly. Brancato's valve is excllent. I also highly recommend the HP3 fill assembly sold by AoA. I haven't owned one to evaluate the quality, but there are some M18*1.5 valves that have 2 gauges and fill through a male Foster fitting. That would also be a viable option. I'm not a fan of most Chinese compressors with the exception of the air cooled Carette II. I've owned 3L CE rated tanks and the quality is as good as any DOT tank.

This 3L tank and valve isn't a viable option.

This appears to be a better fill assembly option than most you will see advertised for M18*1.5 threaded tanks. If you can find a 3L tank with this fill assembly in combination on Aliexpress it's a decent combination.