Where oh Where

So, where does a guy find a store that sells a good assortment of good air guns, you know, like a regular gun store. I am a touch and feel and ask questions guy.
Depends, use that new thing called the Internet, then fire up your jet and fly there. There may be one in OK or a state over. Bass Pro sells Hatsun's.

Airgun brick and mortars ain’t like PB brick and mortars. If your local gun stores carry any air guns they’re going to be Gamo’s or Crosman’s. Nothing against those but they’re in a completely different category.
There is nothing near me. Although Pyramyd Air is 20 minutes away, they just have a pick up only counter, no showroom.
I scour the web for info, check specs, watch reviews, peruse AGN and take a chance on my pick. Hopefully it’s all I thought it would be, because if it isn’t I’m going to lose 25 to 30 percent selling it, even if I don’t fire it.
Do your research or plan a vacation near UA or AoA. Then, if you didn’t drive there, hope the idiot in airline baggage
doesn’t beat the livin’ snot out of the gun case. Me, I’d plan a road trip if touchy feely is the only option.

Last edited:
AOA is the biggest store i know of , more brands on display but 15 hours drive from you ROAD TRIP !!!!
the more i think about this it seems like a great idea , AoA has a range in back IF not to busy you can shoot a decision between 2 guns ? maybe more ? IF you can take the time off of other duty's

Last edited:
Reactions: TWBUILD
It's tough for everyone, not just those starting out, to have no access to s showroom where you can hold and touch. Feel is so much a part of the purchase that we all make bad decisions.

Start thinking about some of the following:
- What format do you like? Bullpup/Rifle
- What do you plan to do with it? Backyard Plinking/BR/Target/Hunting
- What calibers are you thinking and why? 177/22/25/30/etc
- Does it need to be quiet, or sound not a concern?
- What power source? Pump/CO2/Springer/PCP
- Price range?

Keep in mind all the extra costs involved too. Ammo, scopes, mounts, bipods, tripods, PCP fill equipment if going that route. They add up quick and can be as much or more than your first purchase.

It's tough for everyone, not just those starting out, to have no access to s showroom where you can hold and touch. Feel is so much a part of the purchase that we all make bad decisions.

Start thinking about some of the following:
- What format do you like? Bullpup/Rifle
- What do you plan to do with it? Backyard Plinking/BR/Target/Hunting
- What calibers are you thinking and why? 177/22/25/30/etc
- Does it need to be quiet, or sound not a concern?
- What power source? Pump/CO2/Springer/PCP
- Price range?

Keep in mind all the extra costs involved too. Ammo, scopes, mounts, bipods, tripods, PCP fill equipment if going that route. They add up quick and can be as much or more than your first purchase.
Oh, way more than the first purchase. That Rabbit Hole® is DEEP.

So do most people just read about and order their guns online?
I don’t have any other choice with respect to where I live. My friends that are getting interested in them at least have the opportunity to see, hold and try my airguns. Big plus for them if they’re interested in any of those models.