• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where is your zero?

I've noticed that for certain slingers I have the scopes zerod at a distance; others at a different distance. 😕😅 is this normal?
I feel like it is(i base the zero on either use or max range for slinger)...just wondering what you all think/do for zero.
*I have 1 zeroed at 100~
A few at 50, 40, 30....🥴🤷‍♂️
All comments and such always welcome 🤪🎩🤙

If using HOLDOVER for POI differences over differing distances .... *ONE ZERO & that being based upon pellets weight, speed and scope height.
When NOT zeroed at pellets flight apex (* For most this falls in the @ 23 to 35 yard distances ) you will have 2 zeros and a span in distance where a HOLD UNDER to get a correct POI would be required .. Thats bad and will create unnecessary miss's

I have my three P35s zero'd at 35 yards. That is the maximum I can shoot in my yard. But the bigger reason is it pretty much eliminates hold over or under from 20 to 40 yards. 30 yard impact is about 1/8th inch high so for the 30 yard challenge I hold under a bit but I like that better, I can see the 10 dot better. Difference at other distances from 20-40 is so small it works fine to just ignore it. Less than 20 or over 40 I need to hold over. All these guns are tuned to 800-900 fps with a pellet they shoot accurately.

I think my Prod is zero'd for 25. My Avenger is zero'd for 40, I think, but I may dial it back to 35 too.

Depends for me like general plinking or hunting a base zero that covers most distance in reason , but if im looking to make a best group / scoring i zero just for that like if best grouping at 75 y i zero just for 75y. A 100 i zero a 100 ect... Everyone got there way or thing

What motorhead said to my first sentence.. field shooting.

If using HOLDOVER for POI differences over differing distances .... *ONE ZERO & that being based upon pellets weight, speed and scope height.
When NOT zeroed at pellets flight apex (* For most this falls in the @ 23 to 35 yard distances ) you will have 2 zeros and a span in distance where a HOLD UNDER to get a correct POI would be required .. Thats bad and will create unnecessary miss's
Aha!👀 I noticed this with my zero at 100 and trying to hit under 100(about 65yards), I was holding under...I wasn't fond of it at first but I was able to get it somewhat figured out. 😅 so...what's a good zero for a long range setup?(max 120~)

I have my three P35s zero'd at 35 yards. That is the maximum I can shoot in my yard. But the bigger reason is it pretty much eliminates hold over or under from 20 to 40 yards. 30 yard impact is about 1/8th inch high so for the 30 yard challenge I hold under a bit but I like that better, I can see the 10 dot better. Difference at other distances from 20-40 is so small it works fine to just ignore it. Less than 20 or over 40 I need to hold over. All these guns are tuned to 800-900 fps with a pellet they shoot accurately.

I think my Prod is zero'd for 25. My Avenger is zero'd for 40, I think, but I may dial it back to 35 too.
🤔So you mainly use 35?

Depends for me like general plinking or hunting a base zero that covers most distance in reason , but if im looking to make a best group / scoring i zero just for that like if best grouping at 75 y i zero just for 75y. A 100 i zero a 100 ect... Everyone got there way or thing

That was kind of my thinking😅each one is "set" for a certain distance that I know that slinger can shoot at accurately. Just wondering if there is a sweet spot in there that I might be overlooking🥴🫠🤪🤙

No doubt there is an accepted POI pending what the shooter wishes to achieve. General plinking, random field work, hunting etc will have a much broader accepted POI than say a Precision multi distance sport such as Field target.

In the FT game precision POI rules the day and ONE ZERO distance is practiced by nearly all accomplished shooters in the game. Having PROOFED & synchronized D.O.P.E. data for all distances one parrilax ranges target at may very well be the difference in a hit or a miss :cautious:

As we who shoot FT often giggle about after a MISS, damn it that was a real squirrel it still would have been a fatal hit. Close Does NOT count :mad:

No doubt there is an accepted POI pending what the shooter wishes to achieve. General plinking, random field work, hunting etc will have a much broader accepted POI than say a Precision multi distance sport such as Field target.

In the FT game precision POI rules the day and ONE ZERO distance is practiced by nearly all accomplished shooters in the game. Having PROOFED & synchronized D.O.P.E. data for all distances one parrilax ranges target at may very well be difference in a hit or a miss :cautious:
Lol.. shooting stock irons no optics the only dope is me at the trigger 🥴.

Another thing maybe to what motorhead said. I think you find that one pellet and stick with it . Changing shape or weights just throws things off cause thay all dont fly the same .. one good pellet wnd learn to shoot it well across the board.
As a newbie to PCPs, my personal experience demands I must now agree with this statement. I started out with a dozen different types and weights of pellets and quickly found most of my guns prefer a particular weight or shape. I am in the process of shooting alot of pellets to "get rid of them" but have fun doing it. Will decide upon one pellet for each rifle one of these days.

This is my newest dope chart from Strelok Pro app for the ZAN 56 grain pellets that shows my 40 yard zero. It is also has a second zero at 24 yards, and in between at 32.5 yards has half a pellet's thickness of hold under. This yardage works great for hunting in the woods, and is close to what zero I would use if in a Field Target competition because it creates a long trajectory window where ranging error misses are smaller. Keep in mind that shooting pellets slower would create a more arcing trajectory and that is why a lot of guy's have a slightly closer zero yardage to achieve the same results.
Screenshot_20230517-073926.png