Where have all the classic springers and CO2 rifles gone?

I have been shooting springers 50 years and have a pretty decent collection of classics. Never actually shot a PCP but have lots of regular firearms when I want higher power. I notice the only place you see classic springers regularly is GunBroker. I wish we could easily buy guns from the UK like you could years ago, you see a lot for sale there on auction sites Airgun BBS etc. I have a bunch of lower priced springers like some of the BAM and other Chinese rifles I consider selling as I don't shoot them much, but they are not usually worth the hassle with the cost of shipping to list them when the shipping is half the cost of the gun.

A few co2, pumpers and springers.

IMG_20190110_120858.jpg

20141227_135709.jpg

IMG_20181110_120604.jpg

20140707_175603.jpg

20140825_193049.jpg

20190403_100955_HDR.jpg

Like others have mentioned, it's not really worth the hassle of selling a $100-$200 springer online. I'd rather sell the lower dollar ones locally or give them as a gift to a family member or old friend. The flip side of the coin is that my traditional Weihrauch and Diana springers are so nice and shoot so well that I have absolutely no desire to ever sell them. When I'm gone they'll go to my daughter and grandkids, all of whom are into the shooting sports, both airgun and firearm.

Reactions: survivor45
This is a PCP website. Springers are relegated to a back corner near the archery airguns.
Damned good thing nobody mentioned that when I joined up, I wouldn't have bothered, good thing also because I've met and interacted with allot of fine air gunners on this forum, not once on the topic of PCP's, also I believe this section is relegated to Traditional Air Guns, I think I noticed a different section for PCP's, however, I'm not the judgmental type, I've sat right down next to gun snobs for lunch at matches and had no ill effects from it that I can remember. (y)

Diana, FWB, HW and Air Arms are a works of art. However attempts to hang one on the living room wall has been nixed by my wife. She never had good tastes in fine art anyway. Tell your boys to remember that when they decide whether to marry a city girl or a country girl. Never will sell my springers. Not going to to give them away to my daughters or brothers when I die. They would not get that much loving. I want to be buried with them. However I may need 2-3 extra caskets. :LOL:

0I have been shooting springers 50 years and have a pretty decent collection of classics. Never actually shot a PCP but have lots of regular firearms when I want higher power. I notice the only place you see classic springers regularly is GunBroker. I wish we could easily buy guns from the UK like you could years ago, you see a lot for sale there on auction sites Airgun BBS etc. I have a bunch of lower priced springers like some of the BAM and other Chinese rifles I consider selling as I don't shoot them much, but they are not usually worth the hassle with the cost of shipping to list them when the shipping is half the cost of the gun.
Diana, FWB, HW and Air Arms are a works of art. However attempts to hang one on the living room wall has been nixed by my wife. She never had good tastes in fine art anyway. Tell your boys to remember that when they decide whether to marry a city girl or a country girl. Never will sell my springers. Not going to to give them away to my daughters or brothers when I die. They would not get that much loving. I want to be buried with them. However I may need 2-3 extra caskets. :LOL:
Con x box

I’m a lucky man, best of both worlds. My wife is helping me pick out a couple wall racks to hang some of ours. One of them going between her sighed Dali wood engraving from the 50’s and my Tarkay water color. Fine art deserves more fine art :)

I posted about the lack of traditional air rifles for sale in these classifieds just the other day on another forum, IMHO it's not just with air guns, take a walk through the classified adds on Facebook Market place for vehicles, you'll find a distinct shortage of the most reliable vehicles and a over abundance of problem cars and SUVs, late model BMW's, Mercedes Benz, Audi's, Chryslers and Jeeps, Nissans, and Isuzu's and the like for cheap money.
I look at these air gun classifieds in the same way, the more Traditional Springers, gas piston, pumpers, and Co2 guns are not there because owners tend not to get rid of them because they shoot well and they are fun, there's allot of PCP guns and gear for sale because people got caught up in the power, range, accuracy, and ease of shooting rabbit hole, then they experience the leaks, break downs, lost filler connections, the aggravation of being worn out from hand pumping or the breakdowns of expensive compressors, or hauling air tanks around with them and they say screw it, I'm not having fun anymore, I'm going back to my break barrels as soon as I can get rid of this PCP albatross around my neck.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
How far are you from Hickory NC ? there is a air gun show (buy and sell ) in OCT . i think Baker air gun is the only dealer there but something like 100 tables of goodness to buy sell trade . Got a gun to sell bring it and walk around .

Reactions: Moe M.