Where have all the classic springers and CO2 rifles gone?

I have never paid nearly that much either. But, the USPS did break an Anschutz 380 in two pieces and did not honor the insurance.
A friend of mine was an experienced FFL and he told me, "Never use the postal service. You'll die before they pay a claim".

Anytime I have airguns shipped to or from me I insist on FedEx or UPS. So far I haven't had any damaged shipments so they may not pay claims any better, but at least there's a chance.

A friend of mine was an experienced FFL and he told me, "Never use the postal service. You'll die before they pay a claim".

Anytime I have airguns shipped to or from me I insist on FedEx or UPS. So far I haven't had any damaged shipments so they may not pay claims any better, but at least there's a chance.
USPS admitting to losing a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR I sent to Leupold for a custom reticle. Even though it was insured USPS denied my first two claims for reimbursement citing insufficient proof of value. They wanted a receipt showing what I paid for the scope! Scumbags!

On the deadline date to have my third and final request post marked and mailed to an "independent third party" for arbitration (which I had all prepared and ready to go), Leupold contacted me and said my scope had arrived. USPS tracking still said the scope never left the PO I mailed it from.

Many thanks for warning on USPS for shipping. In addition, I will never take another money order from them. I had a $89 money order that I had to come back 3 times to cash. The prior 2 times, they had insufficient funds to pay it. Ridiculous for such a small amount. On the 3rd time, which I called in advance, they had to scrounge thru 3 registers to find enough money.

Springers are far from dead. I have bought three in the last year, and sometimes they are hard to get. Take the Weihrauch HW98 for instance. I had to get on the list at AOA and wait. Finally, some came in, and my copy was sent. Apparently, the black-colored stripling is history. Here she is! The cheekpiece is set high, but I will adjust at the range.

HW98.jpg

Back when the yellow forum was called just that, and before most airgun enthusiasts joined the "dark side" as they would say. You could check the classifieds and see a bunch of highly customized springers. Or at least more often.

Not the case anymore. I would imagine that all of the extra 💰 💰 💰 that used to go to exotic stocks, triggers/trigger guards, muzzle breaks, tunes is now going to aftermarket impact m3 parts 😂.

Back when the yellow forum was called just that, and before most airgun enthusiasts joined the "dark side" as they would say. You could check the classifieds and see a bunch of highly customized springers. Or at least more often.

Not the case anymore. I would imagine that all of the extra 💰 💰 💰 that used to go to exotic stocks, triggers/trigger guards, muzzle breaks, tunes is now going to aftermarket impact m3 parts 😂.
Oh, how I long for those days! I’m stocking some parts. Not enough for sure. Hope I’m wrong, but afraid the fine spring rifles are fading away. I still love the mechanics and challenges of taming them. Time is marching on.

I just got old.
just turned 78 on 9/9 my PCP's sit in the safe and every day im trying not to buy more springers , but my main interest is the older target stuff few and far between for sale now . I shoot FWB600 /HW97 / TX200 / HW 35 and 30 almost every day , thinking of selling my PCP's to buy more SSP and springers .

just turned 78 on 9/9 my PCP's sit in the safe and every day im trying not to buy more springers , but my main interest is the older target stuff few and far between for sale now . I shoot FWB600 /HW97 / TX200 / HW 35 and 30 almost every day , thinking of selling my PCP's to buy more SSP and springers .
I’m also an elderly person and I only buy German springers. But I always have one PCP and one CO2, which few people have, just to have them.

DSCN8807 - Copy.JPG

DSCN8809.JPG

I’m also an elderly person and I only buy German springers. But I always have one PCP and one CO2, which few people have, just to have them.

View attachment 390455

View attachment 390456

Nice TAU-7. I picked one up in a trade a while back. It needed re-sealing. While I had it apart I decided to clean up the rough edges and machine marks, bead blast it, and re-blue it. Refinished the grips with a satin oil finish as well. I've since fallen in love with it. Just a great shooting pistol.

DSC00006 copy 5 2.JPG

DSC00009 copy 3.JPG