Tuning Where do you work on your airguns?

Contrary to what it looks like ........ generally, I know where most thing are :whistle: .
About every 6 month, I try to put everything back in it's rightful spot.
Sometimes my work areas look like yours and sometimes they look more like dizzums'. When I get overwhelmed or frustrated with a project, I organize. It's a good break and reset.

Reactions: Septicdeath
I’ve been accumulating tools and spring sets since last year. I think I have 16 sets to start installing if I could only stop shooting. Went through a dozen tins in last two weeks, great weather. I’ve changed this room around a few times. I have 2 work areas, 3 with the vice.
IMG_8007.jpeg
‘I like the drawers. I do have a really nice old drill press coming in. And I would bet just a matter of time before I score a lathe.
IMG_7996.jpeg

Some tools.
IMG_8005.jpeg
This vice is second to none. Very flexible and rigid.
IMG_7994.jpeg
When I go up a floor to my range I can safely transport 8-10 with no damage. Easy on the knees. Up to 1000 lb.
IMG_7993.jpeg
Cleaning and spring sets to be installed.
IMG_8002.jpeg
I also work in my shop, I’ve got targets on the go. And more drawers.
IMG_7990.jpeg
I have a cut off saw to right same height as bench and this is on other side, messy. More drawers. Rest off shop is write off.
IMG_7992.jpeg
This shop is a write off, thanks to my new hobby.
Have to keep gun room A1 or get evicted. Crow

IMG_8007.jpeg

IMG_8006.jpeg

IMG_8007.jpeg

IMG_8007.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve been accumulating tools and spring sets since last year. I think I have 16 sets to start installing if I could only stop shooting. Went through a dozen tins in last two weeks, great weather. I’ve changed this room around a few times. I have 2 work areas, 3 with the vice. View attachment 436008‘I like the drawers. I do have a really nice old drill press coming in. And I would bet just a matter of time before I score a lathe.View attachment 435994
Some tools.View attachment 435993This vice is second to none. Very flexible and rigid. View attachment 435995When I go up a floor to my range I can safely transport 8-10 with no damage. Easy on the knees. Up to 1000 lb. View attachment 435996Cleaning and spring sets to be installed.View attachment 435999I also work in my shop, I’ve got targets on the go. And more drawers.View attachment 435997I have a cut off saw to right same height as bench and this is on other side, messy. More drawers. Rest off shop is write off. View attachment 436002This shop is a write off, thanks to my new hobby.
Have to keep gun room A1 or get evicted. Crow

View attachment 436000

View attachment 436001

View attachment 436003

View attachment 436005
😳

No pics handy, but I have a gas heated 48' x 48' garage with a loft. 20' workbench at the far end. I have a small lathe and mill, bead blasting cabinet, Baldor buffers, paint booth, and a well stocked fridge. In addition to working on my guns, I have a couple of classic cars out there I tinker with as well as my R/C planes. There's a 2 lane 15 yard range up in the loft for winter practice. A good general purpose man cave.

mostly inside, i keep most of my tools inside, but i can move operations out to the porch or garage if its gonna be dirty .. yeah the gf doesnt quite know what to think about it yet lol

View attachment 435823

View attachment 435824

View attachment 435825
There is no way I see real machining getting done in that operating room.. you could eat off those machines. One 4140 tap job and it’s coolant and oil everywhere. I’ve got barrels of metal shavings ..Thenvagain it’s not just a air rifle shop

There is no way I see real machining getting done in that operating room.. you could eat off those machines. One 4140 tap job and it’s coolant and oil everywhere. I’ve got barrels of metal shavings ..Thenvagain it’s not just a air rifle shop
Yep. It looks like my sons workshop. He has a huge workbench with the 1000 coat finish. (Bowling alley floor) If a speck of dust falls on it, he blows it off. My 7 year old grandson (his son) looked in my workshop, then turned and shouted, “Grandpa your workshop is a MESS”!

I’m afraid my son is a terrible influence on my grandson.

Last edited: