Tuning Where do you work on your airguns?

Yes ...........
However, the real question is where did KWK get all those beautiful, vintage tools - Likely from the 1940's/50's?
Wow, you could make anything you wanted;).
Scrounged and hunted for years for machinery that is in good enough condition to put work into. Repaired and rewired a lot of vintage electric motors. Kept an eye on eBay for certain parts that I needed. First thing is tear them down, clean them up and repaint with custom mixed original colors because I don't like my stuff to look like crap.
Found this at an auction covered in crud. Paid about $200. Started cleaning up and realized it was never even used to cut anything. Was special ordered from South Bend with custom made parts for winding thread on to bobbins. Left unused for many years. Had been scavenged for certain parts over the years but I found everything I needed to put it back original. About as close to new as you will find. I probably tied up about $1000 in it. Much less than people invest in a cheap Chinese POC with change gears.
IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_3567.JPG

Some other metal shapers I had and sold
Ammco
img6.jpg

Boxford
IMG_1130(1).jpg

Those are fantastic! My wife started dabbling in jewelry making a few years ago. She's done some nice work, but has a long way to go to catch up with you.

My shop, from one end then the other.

shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

I've done a spectacular job of blotting out my 16" Cincinnati shaper - you can just see a bit in the center middle of the first photo. The only reason to get rid of a shaper is to get a better one!

GsT

Those are fantastic! My wife started dabbling in jewelry making a few years ago. She's done some nice work, but has a long way to go to catch up with you.

My shop, from one end then the other.

View attachment 436150

View attachment 436151

I've done a spectacular job of blotting out my 16" Cincinnati shaper - you can just see a bit in the center middle of the first photo. The only reason to get rid of a shaper is to get a better one!

GsT
I would love to get a laser welding machine for my jewelry work. But 5K or more makes it very prohibitive. The old way still works for me.

If your wife ever has any jewelry questions. I'm happy to help her out.

Reactions: GeneT
Hey Crowski,
I want to come over to use your tools and shoot the airguns:).
Too much good stuff for one person, plus the shop needs to have more of my "broken-in" look.

View attachment 436023
Kirk you’re welcome anytime.
I can’t part with one. Always looking to put another in the rotation. Looking at a Barakuta. I’m using them, 12 tins last 2 weeks.
I was a cleaner for 10 yrs. think it rubbed off. And besides I have to keep it A1 or it’s death by unga bunga and evicted. To be honest, I can’t believe I’m in the basement. Got a prime spot.
‘By the way your muzzle ends you made are working out better than I thought. Crow