Where do you put your Yong Heng Temperature probe?

The Yong Heng instructions are very basic, and i did not see anywhere in the manual on the location to put the temp probe for the temp gauge.

Where are you guys putting that temp probe to get the most accurate or useful readings. 

I also see there is no one off switch for the temp gauge, how long do the batteries last? Is it worth taking the batteries out after use or just leave them in since I was able to buy 5 batteries for $2 shipped?

The probe goes in a small hole on the back of the thick disc right next to the handle

s-l640.1630479498.jpg

My stock battery was still going strong when I took it off and modded the whole cooling cycle, and I had it on for almost a year so wouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: deadhorse
At one point in the beginning with YH I wanted to know the Temp variation/fluctuation between the piston cylinder and the compressor head in total and I connected 3 probes.

You can see the YH default thermostat is measuring 51.6C on the compressor head-lower aluminum cooling block (waterline intake),

on the instrument the upper number is measured on the compressor head-higher aluminum cooling block (waterline outport),

the lower number is a probe at the piston cylinder casting.

Just FYI to know how far you want to push it...me personally in total of 16 hours of running time I never let the YH Temp sensor reach 55C

20200306_220354.1630551738.jpg

Reactions: deadhorse
At one point in the beginning with YH I wanted to know the Temp variation/fluctuation between the piston cylinder and the compressor head in total and I connected 3 probes.

You can see the YH default thermostat is measuring 51.6C on the compressor head-lower aluminum cooling block (waterline intake),

on the instrument the upper number is measured on the compressor head-higher aluminum cooling block (waterline outport),

Just FYI to know how far you want to push it...me personally in total of 16 hours of running time I never let the YH Temp sensor reach 55C

Thank you @BigUHN that is awesome information, I for sure will not be letting mine get above 55c based on your info

Hey there could you tell me about the intake filter you have there? How does it help with noise?

This picture was from somewhere last year to illustrate the Temp only comment. That intake filter was working so-so in the basement and running A/C. Cut the noise level pretty well, but the YH is laud anyway. I use earmuffs and staying with the compressor all time until runs. My compressor today looks very different upgraded with heavy duty water/oil separator and rear cable powered fan.