• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where do you live and do you like it there?

I live in central PA. I'm fifteen minutes from one of the best shooting clubs in the region. I can shoot outdoors most of the winter if I bundle up and if it's crap outside I can usually get access to the club's indoor 20y rimfire/airgun range. All told it's great.

The things I don't have great access to are:
- 1000y range for LR centerfire shooting (nearest is 1-1/2 hours away and extremely busy most of the time)
- True winter conditions where I could try XC skiing and biathlon
- Rimfire or airgun benchrest within 1-1/2 hours drive. We may be organizing something at our club in '24.
- A serious indoor range for rimfire and airgun tuning work. There's a 50y indoor range close by but access is tricky and the handgun shooting in adjacent lanes seems to create problematic drafts.

I know my mention of 1-1/2 hour drives sounds spoiled to some, but the reality is I don't have all day to shoot for an hour or two. I don't like much driving and there comes a point where it's better used some other way.

OP again here. Figured I would reignite this if anyone is interested since it was fun before. Still looking at leaving Montana. I did forget to mention before that a good VA hospital nearby is important. I decided I could bump my budget to about $500,000-550,000. Would like to be no more than 15 minutes outside of a city with 5 or more acres. Not into really far left areas. I don't have much of a filter so better if I ain't aroubd them much.

Ohio. We love Ohio. It has everything anyone could want, with regard to the outdoors.

Best of all, it has water...Huge reservoirs of underground water, and it rains all the time. Basically, it rains from October 1 to June 1. Then, it is dry for a few days, and it rains again. (Snark!) Everything is very green and lush. When we have a drought year, it quickly passes.

Heck, even the "climate change" folks say Ohio will not change much in the next 100+ years.

The very first VA hospital is in Dayton, Ohio. $500,000 in Ohio will buy you a fantastic home, plus acreage. Ohio is very rural, although most people would not know it. Miles and miles of farm land and forest.

My family is from Laurel, Montana. My dad worked in the mines. I would not go back.

IMG_0486.jpeg

Last edited:
I live in central PA. I'm fifteen minutes from one of the best shooting clubs in the region. I can shoot outdoors most of the winter if I bundle up and if it's crap outside I can usually get access to the club's indoor 20y rimfire/airgun range. All told it's great.

The things I don't have great access to are:
- 1000y range for LR centerfire shooting (nearest is 1-1/2 hours away and extremely busy most of the time)
- True winter conditions where I could try XC skiing and biathlon
- Rimfire or airgun benchrest within 1-1/2 hours drive. We may be organizing something at our club in '24.
- A serious indoor range for rimfire and airgun tuning work. There's a 50y indoor range close by but access is tricky and the handgun shooting in adjacent lanes seems to create problematic drafts.

I know my mention of 1-1/2 hour drives sounds spoiled to some, but the reality is I don't have all day to shoot for an hour or two. I don't like much driving and there comes a point where it's better used some other way.
I guess you must be referring to Palmyra. I am an hour away and hope to make it there sometime for a FT event.

PA isn’t bad for a good balance of everything, except the property taxes and land aren’t cheap in most areas.