• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where do you live and do you like it there?

I live in Washington county in N.Y. I LOVE it here for hunting and i have my own shooting range here 180 yards, It's a farm community.

IMG_20220828_183552904_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221011_165240059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230409_173315265.jpg

Last edited:
I live in Great Falls, MT. It's winter for 6 months and windy all the time. Like really windy. I am ready for a move. My wife says she likes Michagan mainly because of the kind of properties she is finding for $300-400k. I am willong to spend up to $500k but I don't want wind, I don't want 6 months of winter, and I don't want venomous snakes or gators. We have a lot of rattlesnakes in central Montana. I lost my dog to one in my backyard 2 years ago.
Canyon Lake Texas Hot 2 months great the other 10

WV I like it here.
I'm another "Bob in WV" and can't complain. The weather is good. No crazy gun laws here. Neighbors are great. Lived in the state all my life (66 years) and lived in three houses all within a stones throw here for the last 44 years, still own two houses on 8 acres, on the outskirts of town. So I shoot what I want, when I want ( mostly airguns) with no complaints.

sry to hear about your dog. I live in the middle of ohio. 4 seasons. wake up in flannels,by noon your down to short sleeves and shorts. Winters r mostly mild. The wind where I'm at is just Nature breathing. 3 to 10 mph most of the time. Comes from the Southwest/West most days. The hurricanes will change the wind to East and up from the South.There r a couple of strong storms every year. The saying for April is " In like a Lion , out like a Lamb". Natures way of spring cleaning always comes to my mind. Don't know anything about the financials and futures,sry. There seems to be conservative sense about gun ownership.

Reactions: BassMan and Cody01
I live in Connecticut.

It has a state income tax, and generally a high cost of living.

It is the southern most New England state, and like all of New England, it’s beautiful. It’s got a seashore, and lots of green hills. Trees grow overnight, lol. It can have “cold” winters, but many are not that bad - it varies year-to-year.

I’ve been riding the same Harley for 35 years. I took it across the USA. I’ve been to most all of the 50 states outside of Alaska & Hawaii. You really notice the beauty- or lack of beauty - on a motorcycle... Connecticut is beautiful, plenty of good hunting & fishing (trout streams are awesome)… and no helmet laws, lol.

Bottom line, I may stay here in Connecticut despite the high cost of living - once I retire in a couple years. Only state that may lure me away… Kentucky. It’s also beautiful, great whiskey (bourbon) rolling hills, green grass, race horses and did I mention great whiskey 😉🥃

BTW, airgun interest in New England is growing. I’m writing this as I‘m attending the Northeast Airgun Classic in New Hampshire this weekend - it has been a BLAST 💥!!

-Ed

Reactions: Cody01
I live in Connecticut.

It has a state income tax, and generally a high cost of living.

It is the southern most New England state, and like all of New England, it’s beautiful. It’s got a seashore, and lots of green hills. Trees grow overnight, lol. It can have “cold” winters, but many are not that bad - it varies year-to-year.

I’ve been riding the same Harley for 35 years. I took it across the USA. I’ve been to most all of the 50 states outside of Alaska & Hawaii. You really notice the beauty- or lack of beauty - on a motorcycle... Connecticut is beautiful, plenty of good hunting & fishing (trout streams are awesome)… and no helmet laws, lol.

Bottom line, I may stay here in Connecticut despite the high cost of living - once I retire in a couple years. Only state that may lure me away… Kentucky. It’s also beautiful, great whiskey (bourbon) rolling hills, green grass, race horses and did I mention great whiskey 😉🥃

BTW, airgun interest in New England is growing. I’m writing this as I‘m attending the Northeast Airgun Classic in New Hampshire this weekend - it has been a BLAST 💥!!
I moved to CT right after I graduated from college in Worcester. Taxachusetts, as they called it, had a high cost of living, and at that time, and CT had no income tax. Just a few years later came Gov. Lowell Weicker and he destroyed that. Yes, CT is a pretty state and has (had) a lot going for it. I rode motorcycles too and New England has the best riding anywhere. Ever go to Marcus Dairy in Danbury on Sunday mornings? My wife and I would take off on a weekend, ride through the Western part of the state, then head up Rt 8 to Vermont. I miss those days, but I'm old and the bike is gone. Hey don't forget the high quality Field Target events at my old club, Rockville Fish and Game. These guys are running some great matches and getting some national attention.

Reactions: Cody01
I live in South America.

🟧 In PERU. 🟧

In the capital, LIMA.
Home to 10,000,000 people.
And twice as many pigeons. Death to them* all!!

We make our home in the middle of a rocky desert 1000 miles long.
We're tucked right between the Pacific Ocean and the 20,000 ft tall Andes Mountains.

Dozens of hills like the one in the photo below poke up throught our city that sprawls over 30 miles along the ocean.

Traffic is either exhaustingly stressful as the only two traffic laws in use are:
(1) Don't hit anybody.
(2) Don't get hit by anybody.
Or, traffic can be conceived as an exciting game of attack & defense, guile & counter-guile – with points (self-)scored if you beat the indicated arrival time on your GPS by however many minutes your courage inspired you (or your backseat-driving wife allowed you 😉).

⭐ PERU is an amazing place of extremes...
because it also offers
• the green hell of the Amazon jungle,
• the Inca legacy of Machu Picchu,
• the mysterious Nazca Lines,
thrilling dune buggy rides that make you forget any roller coaster ride you ever took (no comparison!),
• some of the best waves for surfing (the Beach Boys include it in their Surfin' Safari),
the world's largest bird, the majestic Condor (over 10 ft wingspan) swooping through rocky canyons,
• endless white and black beaches,
• the second largest variety of bird species (I shoot very few of them),
and
the best food on Planet Earth.

Matthias

*Death to the pigeons, that is. Not the people. – I moved my family to Peru in order to HELP the people. 😉

2022-06. #128.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the southeast corner of the Michigan U.P. Snow starts to fly here around the end of October but doesn't really accumulate until mid-November or so and is basically melted off by April, so only 5 months ;)

We have winter/snow season. Spring before bugs. Bug season. Fall season. Right now is an awesome time of the year, cool evenings warmish days and no bugs. Black flies and skeeters will be here soon, followed by deer flies. If you can survive through that, welcome to fall.

Honestly, being a transplant from California, I love it here. We don't get very much snow with a typical year only 2-3 feet on the ground at any one time. Yeah it gets cold but probably no worse than central Montana. It does not get very hot here with maybe a week or so into the 90's in the summer. No hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes or rattlers. We do have a lot of different critters though and plenty of fish. I have thousands of acres of public land to hunt and fish just minutes from my house. 500k would buy you a nice house with a lot of land. Work in the local area to finance 500k is another story.

Some people argue if the weather gets colder, you can always put more clothes on. If the weather gets hotter, even if you run around naked, it's still hot. I see their point but I agree with you. The hot weather does not bother me. Shortly before COVID, I was in Port St. Lucie watching a Minor League baseball game. For reasons I can only guess, the scoreboard has a thermometer on it. It was a bit hot that day so I took a picture and sent it to many family. They thought I was nuts for being outside in that heat but it did not bother me and I enjoyed the game.

View attachment 349005
I lived a year in florida,vero beach and mornings are ok if you don't have to work outside, i watched two workers replace the lawn across the street, two days of torture is what i seen.

Independent is a party. I'm registered as NPA (No Party affiliation). Political parties are inherently evil and should be abolished, but the fox is in the henhouse already and that won't happen, just like term limits.
I agree, but unfortunately registered Independents cannot vote in the primaries in PA (except on ballot questions).

I'm in the southeast corner of the Michigan U.P. Snow starts to fly here around the end of October but doesn't really accumulate until mid-November or so and is basically melted off by April, so only 5 months ;)

We have winter/snow season. Spring before bugs. Bug season. Fall season. Right now is an awesome time of the year, cool evenings warmish days and no bugs. Black flies and skeeters will be here soon, followed by deer flies. If you can survive through that, welcome to fall.

Honestly, being a transplant from California, I love it here. We don't get very much snow with a typical year only 2-3 feet on the ground at any one time. Yeah it gets cold but probably no worse than central Montana. It does not get very hot here with maybe a week or so into the 90's in the summer. No hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes or rattlers. We do have a lot of different critters though and plenty of fish. I have thousands of acres of public land to hunt and fish just minutes from my house. 500k would buy you a nice house with a lot of land. Work in the local area to finance 500k is another story.
Was stationed at Wurtsmith AFB in Oscoda back the middle 80’s. It was beautiful and I lived right on Lake Huron in a little 2 bedroom cabin. Had great hunting and was actually where I began hunting.
Live in MA, aka, Taxachusetts. Gun laws are strict but for air rifles things are well. You can hunt, specific game, with air rifles and it wasn’t until last year they took turkey’s off the list! Can still take squirrels and other critters.
The weather is changing here just as the rest of the US. We had an extremely light winter, hardly any snow at all. Summers are definitely getting warmer too. It’s beautiful here in the Fall and when your out hunting it makes the time go by faster.