Where do you live and do you like it there?

I live in Puerto Rico.. and this is a average day any time of the year..😁..
Screenshot_20230409_164611_Gallery.jpg

I live in Illinois, near Wisconsin border, in unincorporated area - not much by me. Takes 20 minutes to get to a town that has more than we have lol. This state used to be nicer place to live- but not so much anymore, taxes are high & Chicago pretty much runs Springfield. I do not recommend moving here, when I retire I’m moving to more affordable Red state.

I live in South east NC near the beaches (half hour drive). I retired there 11 years ago and never looked back. You couldn't blast me out of here with dynamite! Lots of people in the same boat. Great friends and great golf year round. Just 8 minutes from Wilmington, NC (across the Cape Fear River). Only about an hour from Myrtle Beach. Lots of great friends and good times. Low taxes and low cost of living.

I'm in Wiltshire, UK- it's ok, more rural than Berkshire where I grew up but, the whole country is experiencing some rapid changes - not for the better.

Big cities here have really gone to poop in the last 50yrs. There's an insidious creep that's slowly reaching into everywhere.

I'd love to move out your way - you have more freedoms and a hell of a lot more free land than we do.
Consider yourself formally invited…SW Florida…beautiful year round…great shooting/ sporting opportunities…even the summertime is wonderful…for those of us that don’t mind the hotter weather, have the place to ourselves. John

Reactions: Rudolph Hucker
Consider yourself formally invited…SW Florida…beautiful year round…great shooting/ sporting opportunities…even the summertime is wonderful…for those of us that don’t mind the hotter weather, have the place to ourselves. John
Thank you 👍🏻

I've actually been thinking of heading out that way in September for my daughters birthday.

Born and raised in southern Mi. Love it! You won’t get bored with the weather, if you love to hunt this is the state to be in, something year around.
Beautiful lakes, large and small, coastline for miles and miles, U.P. Like a different world! (Really!)

Can be a little rough in the winter, cold and snow, days are short but if it’s the outdoors you desire this is the state.

Lived in Eastern coastal N.C., Ocean great but very, very humid. the state was kinda boring to me.

My boy lives in Salt Lake City Utah, what a beautiful state. Would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford it!

Reactions: Rudolph Hucker
I too was a registered Independent for years and you forgot 1 major drawback....... you can't vote in the primaries.
Independent is a party. I'm registered as NPA (No Party affiliation). Political parties are inherently evil and should be abolished, but the fox is in the henhouse already and that won't happen, just like term limits.

Live in a small place called Kvinesdal in Norway. We have almost 6000 occupants, and allot of space. It is a nice place, and very family friendly. Safe, as I actually can leave my front door unlocked (can, but do not do it) without risk of any strangers entering. Have only 3 neighbours. But can be a litle boring if you are a single male, or woman. Only one bar, which are closed for the most part, and no taxi available after 21o clock. Nice place if you like to walk in the wood, hunt, or fish. The sea is 30 minutes drive away.
Interresting enough many migrated to US from the 50s and up. So almost every family in this town has US relatives. Both my parents lived in the US 7-9 years, and my sister is born there. We also have a annual US festival, where people gather with old american cars, and where we eat food, and selebrate thouse who migrated, and also thouse who came back.
Laws are the same no matter where you live in Norway, but some places north, you pay less tax. Think it is because we do like to have people living both north with cold winters, and litle sun half the year, but also to avoid all wanting to live in the south of the country, where I live. I do not mind paying tax, as I think we have a good system, where the taxes are used in a good manner. If you get sick, and end up on the hospital you pay only a small fee, no matter how long you stay there. So for most people health insurance are not nescessary. If you get unemployeed, you will be taken care off, so you do not have to live on the street. But to be fair we can be tankfull for the fortune we made on oil, several decades. Nowadays the oil money are beeing invested in shares across the world in other areas, as we know some time in the future, we have to stop pumping it up. 50 persentage of all new cars sold are eletric, and the goal is by 2025 all new cars being sold will only be none poluting, like eletric, or hydrogen driven.

Cali and new york are about the most anti gun states so I would pass on those two. I am not wanting much wind and would prefer a little warmer winters than Montana. Public lands have been messed up so I want to buy a property with no less than 10 acres kind of forested so I can have my own sanctuary. I want to be within 15 minutes of a 25,000+ populas town/city.
look at Bowling Green KY , not much of a winter , still 4 seasons, laughable taxes at least for me i moved from IL . less than an hour from Nashville INT Air port. but no air gun store

Reactions: EPG
Couple people have mentioned Tennessee and I would agree. Lived here most of my life and 36 years in my present location (Nashville). Tennessee has nice weather, nice friendly people, great outdoor life and everything you could ask for. The location is central to a large portion of the country. Air fare is reasonable as we airport is a Southwest hub. Housing has gone up a lot in the past few years but about the same everywhere I think.

Reactions: SteveV
A lot of you Northerners from Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota etc complain and moan when the temperature goes above 75, but walk around half naked in "T" shirts and shorts in January and February. I'll take hot and humid summers anytime over cold winters. You get used to it.
Some people argue if the weather gets colder, you can always put more clothes on. If the weather gets hotter, even if you run around naked, it's still hot. I see their point but I agree with you. The hot weather does not bother me. Shortly before COVID, I was in Port St. Lucie watching a Minor League baseball game. For reasons I can only guess, the scoreboard has a thermometer on it. It was a bit hot that day so I took a picture and sent it to many family. They thought I was nuts for being outside in that heat but it did not bother me and I enjoyed the game.

77 Tradition Field, home of the Single A, Saint Lucie Mets.jpg