• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where do you live and do you like it there?

That looks like a fantastic property! Love those streams.

The closest water source I have to my property about a mile a away is a stream we call sh!t creek and it literally smells that way. :confused:
Fortunately its far enough away the smell doesn't reach us.

How's the bugs and humidity there, how about the amount of rain?
Thank you, we really love where we live. There’s no better place to raise three boys than on these creeks in my opinion.
Humidity is high, I’ve had multiple people from out of state in the summer tell me this is the hottest place they’ve ever been, and had as many in the winter tell me it’s the coldest. Especially nowadays it’s here and gone in a week max. We’ve got a lot of different geography in the state also. If you don’t like the climate a couple hour drive in any direction will change it quite a bit.
I’m within 30 minutes of 3-4 major bodies of water. We’ve got a bunch of sh$t creeks too. The creeks I’m on are pretty special. They’re in my home town, some of the most pristine water in this part of the country.
Not sure what our average rain fall is. We get quite a few thunderstorms in the spring. Usually have enough rain the rest of the year to keep things from getting too dry.
Bugs are a good one to bring up. We’ve got ticks and mosquitoes like most places I imagine, they can be bad depending on where you’re spending time at. This is the worst thing about Oklahoma, we have devil spawn lurking in the grass, otherwise know as chiggers. If you’ve never had chiggers be warned. After getting them bad once you’ll use enough bug spray to make your eye twitch lol. I put %100 deet off on my jeans and let it dry befor I get in the field or woods. I wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy.

This winter in Flagstaff AZ/7000 ft elevation we exceeded our 100 year snow record of 140 inches. We got snowed in a few times because of 3-4 foot drifts. So much so that I had had enough and bought a 4x4 tractor to remove snow! I needed it for other reasons too though....

It's been cold and windy this year, more than normal. Spring has not sprung and it even snowed a tiny bit last night, also was 19 degrees this morning. All this caused me to gain 10 pounds from inactivity since I don't like being outside working in blizzards.
On Monday its supposed to be a 72 degrees high, ha. That's how it is here where I live this time of year.

I like the summers because of the abundance of sunny days, mild temps, and low populations of flying insects and tics. From May to November its a great place to live and isn't humid. The wind dies down around June.

Do I wish there were more lakes and streams, yes.

Property taxes and values might be towards the high side. I've been researching log cabins in Kentucky and Tennessee. I could sell my place here and definitely buy more property and a bigger home there for the same money.

Just venting right now, LOL! Part of me wishes for solitude without a neighbor in sight or ear shot!
I have a weird situation currently! Even though my 4 acre property borders the FS on 3 sides the property next door is a vacation rental, arggg.... who makes all kinds of noises. Then the other two properties are owned by sexual degenerates, and the properties past them are Mexican music central(not prejudice but dislike the tunes) and Rock and Roll biker central, neither of which minds if we DON'T enjoy their loud music.
I'm astounded at the unluck because I moved here for peace and quiet since I'm located in a semi rural atmosphere of 1 to 5 acres!
We have family, friends and businesses in Phoenix and always envy the wonderful summer weather in Flagstaff 🙌

Reactions: steve123
I assume the tax is voluntary? How do they collect it if you don't send it? These are not rhetorical questions, I genuinely want to understand that. If I were in that situation, I would tell Newsome to **** off -
Nope. The logic is you made the money in CA set it aside in the 401k and didn’t pay taxes so you owe in the state where the money was made not where it taken out of the 401k. They treat stock options the same way even though the options are valueless until exercised..options received while working in CA are taxable in CA. The accountant we use told us we’d also likely have to pay in the state we’d escape to. CA is bleeding people at the moment so maybe we’d be lost in the shuffle..IDK. How do they track you? You have to declare the $$ going into the 401k on your return and you have to start taking the $$ out at a certain age which they know along with your SSN. Sucks.

I live in San Diego, California, 10 minutes away from the beaches.

San Diego.jpg

Nope. The logic is you made the money in CA set it aside in the 401k and didn’t pay taxes so you owe in the state where the money was made not where it taken out of the 401k. They treat stock options the same way even though the options are valueless until exercised..options received while working in CA are taxable in CA. The accountant we use told us we’d also likely have to pay in the state we’d escape to. CA is bleeding people at the moment so maybe we’d be lost in the shuffle..IDK. How do they track you? You have to declare the $$ going into the 401k on your return and you have to start taking the $$ out at a certain age which they know along with your SSN. Sucks.
When I filed for SS the guy I was talking with told me to the penny how much money I have in my two pension funds. They seem to keep track of the money very easily.

Reactions: Cody01
Thank you, we really love where we live. There’s no better place to raise three boys than on these creeks in my opinion.
Humidity is high, I’ve had multiple people from out of state in the summer tell me this is the hottest place they’ve ever been, and had as many in the winter tell me it’s the coldest. Especially nowadays it’s here and gone in a week max. We’ve got a lot of different geography in the state also. If you don’t like the climate a couple hour drive in any direction will change it quite a bit.
I’m within 30 minutes of 3-4 major bodies of water. We’ve got a bunch of sh$t creeks too. The creeks I’m on are pretty special. They’re in my home town, some of the most pristine water in this part of the country.
Not sure what our average rain fall is. We get quite a few thunderstorms in the spring. Usually have enough rain the rest of the year to keep things from getting too dry.
Bugs are a good one to bring up. We’ve got ticks and mosquitoes like most places I imagine, they can be bad depending on where you’re spending time at. This is the worst thing about Oklahoma, we have devil spawn lurking in the grass, otherwise know as chiggers. If you’ve never had chiggers be warned. After getting them bad once you’ll use enough bug spray to make your eye twitch lol. I put %100 deet off on my jeans and let it dry befor I get in the field or woods. I wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy.

Thanks for the reply and info.

Man, it's always something, so gotta take the good with the bad I guess. Wish I could find that balance.

Too bad there's that big Angel with the sword guarding the garden of eden or I'd head there :D

Reactions: moodyblues
Idaho, I have lived all of my 63 years here and no longer care for it.
Lots of people moving here so I guess it is better than where they moved from? For how long? Guess that is all a matter of perspective. How bad was it where they came from?
I don’t blame them for moving. I have visited a few big cities and I could not live in them, but the Boise valley is getting bad fast.
I used to think that Idaho was paradise. Now it is just another place to live.
I’m in Emmett just north of Boise a much smaller town but it’s growing fast here too.

Northeast Oklahoma. Land goes between $2,000-$5,000 an acre undeveloped. Only state that all counties go red if that matters to you. Public land within 30 minutes no matter where you’re at in NE Ok. Gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter but never stays one or the other for to long. Snakes aren’t any worst then anywhere else with nice weather.

Oh it’s the most beautiful state in the Midwest maybe the whole country too :).

Here’s my back yard! The first and last picture is spring creek on the south side of the property, the second is snake creek on the north side of my property.

View attachment 345771

View attachment 345772

View attachment 345773

I live in SE MI, although it works for me now, my wife and I have discussed either moving someplace that has milder winters or renting during the winter months and keeping our MI home. If I move somewhere it would have to be red, not interested in moving from one blue state to another. I have been reading these replies with interest, we have been kicking around NC or SC, still have at least 3 years before retirement so we'll see.

OMG" looks like pumpkin seed,blue gill. Bass ? $2000 acre" can ya live on the property. WOW" just beautiful" I bet they’re a big lake around there? thanks Willy OO does it snow their?
We’ve got all kinds of fish. 5-6 sunfish species, largemouth and smallmouth bass, channel catfish, short nose and spotted gar and all the shiner and sucker species. I do a lot of fly fishing for smallmouth in the summer, my oldest boy (almost 11) spearfishes with a Hawaiian sling. Never boring at our house lol.
There’s 7-8 big lakes within a hour of my house, plus all the rivers that feed them. Might snow a couple times a year, it’s usually gone in a day or two.

Here’s a redear and a channel cat I caught last summer.

96F18D4F-2DB5-4D54-AF3B-FA2C16A0E5EF.jpeg

FF5FCFB6-2949-4CE7-9F96-598EB48F70DD.jpeg

Reactions: bf1956