Where do you go?

Just interested to know where you guys go to shoot? Do you have a special location or do you shoot at home? I've been looking for some open territory to shoot without being bothered and it's tough to find a good spot especially with a .30! I'm in Ohio are there any Ohio shooters with property or a place we can meet and shoot? I'll bring the cooler with beer

It's tough to find any spot to shoot for any caliber. Not just 30 cal. It's illegal to shoot any cal airgun, bb or not within city limits. Only time you can shoot at home is you have a huge back yard and no neighbors to complain or a farm. Most people here do their shoot at the farm. I once shot my co2 bb in my own back yard with wooden fences on all side. And a cop came knock saying they got calls from neighbors about someone shooting a gun I said yes, but it's a bb gun. He said he dont care if it's a bb gun or a real gun. You can not shoot them within city limit. He actually took my gun as evidence. I never saw that bb gun again. Now I shoot in my basement. Fing neighbors. Smh. Used to be able to plink with them crosman and daisy bb guns back on the 80s and 90s with no complaints. How things changes over the past years.

Where I live it is no problem or worries at all. I can not imagine what some of you guys have to go through 😲. I live in the country in the mountains in NC . I wouldn't want to live any where else . I am in the middle of a few pretty big wildlife preserves and hunting camps and lakes with all kinds of critters. I think it would kill me to come outta the woods haha. I would have to see people and that is scary I would rather face a black bear with a hickory switch. At least she wouldn't sue me or bother the local law enforcement saying I was to loud or being unsafe . haha I really feel bad for you guys sometimes.

I do the majority of my target shooting in my yard. I can get about 60 yards out of it. I have some neighbors and they see me shooting all the time and nobody gives a flip. And if they did.....I wouldn't give a flip. Although I live in a small neighborhood type area, it's in a southern, rural county. People tend to live as they want......and let others do the same. As it should be.

I shoot in my backyard. 18 yards max. My neighbors are very close, but they all like me.

i dont shoot anything very loud. i have a diana 48 which is loud but it doesnt get used much. the smaller german springers are fairly quiet. if my neighbors had loud air rifles, i wouldnt like it either. 

I do have a grand plan if someone expresses a concern to me. i will invite them over to shoot the hw30s at a spinner. then they will want their own air rifle and ill have a shooting buddy. most people who would have an issue with the shooting, they dont understand the simple joys of plinking or they are afraid of all "guns". it just takes a little sharing on our behalf to help them see the light. 

I am a member of two shooting ranges. One is 10 min away with outside shooting only and the other is a 20 min drive and has an indoor range (50 feet) which allows air rifles and 22 rimfire only as well as centerfire ranges outside. I have a range indoors (39 feet) for air gun only and I shoot outside 35 yards air gun only. I never shoot outside if neighbors are out simply out of respect for their safety. I have an excellent relationship with my neighbors and plan on keeping it that way. I have farmland behind me but never send pellets there. I have backstops for all of my target shooting as well as for my birdboxes and other pesting. Backstops are required by state law and target shooting is allowed within my township but I am very respectful of my neighbors and never shoot before 8 am. I chose that time because that is the time the local ranges adhere to. I checked with the authorities before I began shooting and was told it is legal but could be made illegal if people started complaining so I do all I can to preserve my shooting privileges.

Copied from an earlier post I made.

I once shot airguns in the back yard but they outlawed that. Then I started shooting out at a 1000 acre lot, five miles down the road, between the freeway and the river nothing but grasslands and patches of trees. They turned it into a park and put up signs that said said no shooting airguns but shotguns are OK!!! So, I shot at mile post six up on Larch Mt until they put up no shooting signs and included airguns in the law. So I went up to mile post eight until they put up no shooting signs there too. Then I got a couple of years in at mile post 12 before the signs went up there as well. That pretty much ended that. Now if I want to shoot my airguns I have to drive 40 minutes into the mountains or 15 to the range. So, I go to the range. Although I do have a 10 meter range in my basement for testing and to shoot my low powered pistols. It's just stupid how the left winged folks tied airguns to firearms in the laws. Wish I knew someone close with a decent amount of property outside of Multnomah county.

I have to say great thread for New Year's Eve! Centerfire shooting is only allowed in town on New Year's and the Fourth of July. Unless you need more holes in the bottom of your outside trash cans to drain the water. No airgun shooting problems in town just as long as I shoot toward my house.

The closest range is our local brush dump. If you think about it these sites are usually located outside the city limits just on the edge. The large mounds of debris provide a perfect back stop and perfect for pest control. Once again small town living. It's open to all caliber of firearms. The only restriction is Sunday morning during Church services.

Just last week I found 6.5 Creedmoor brass and 450 bushmaster brass. Several weeks back 458 socom.

In my back yard … targets out to 70 yards … and a lot of critter watching

1577843646_5991232855e0bfbbe96a839.00191999_DSCN1068.JPG

1577843699_7149680525e0bfbf3c86783.06174956_DSCN1022.JPG

1577843773_7528813325e0bfc3d1f13a7.73867470_DSCN1127.JPG

1577844000_12671884415e0bfd2047ac01.74552607_DSCN1052.JPG

I feel for you guys living in cities full of liberals

Shalom

John