Where can I target shoot 200 plus yards with my FX M3 in Northern California?

Diablo Rod & Gun.

Airgun Wednesdays and Fridays. 

.30 maximum

’If you shoot at Diablo and that is not far enough…..Go to any National Forest’

HI PeeWeeDaddy,

Yes, it shoot every Wednesday at the Diablo range as I am am member. I shoot golf balls at 200 yards and was looking for more of a challenge. I guess I will have to look into a National Forest.

Rod

You would need to go to BLM land or a national forest if you really want to go past 200 yds I don't know of any public rifle ranges in the Bay Area that go past 200 yds.

Hi Napaairgunner,

Thanks for chiming in. I have never been to a BLM property and will look into it.

Rod

PM me I can tell you exactly where to go I have been to all of them lol!

there is a private property outside of Livermore, charges per day, offers up to 1,000 yards. for the day, you get the key to the gate, set up you own targets as needed. It's off of Mines Road, and listed on Cal guns.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-1269305.html

Morro bay has some great long distance ranges as well. 

I was wrong this range in the SF Bay area say it can go out to 300 yds https://www.sonomashooting.org/circles.html

Based on distance from my home, the Circle S Ranch range is the best possibility for me. Their website shows max 300 yards, which is a good starting point for me.

Has any AirGunNation member shot as this range recently and have any good intel on what to expect for air gunners at this range?

there is a private property outside of Livermore, charges per day, offers up to 1,000 yards. for the day, you get the key to the gate, set up you own targets as needed. It's off of Mines Road, and listed on Cal guns.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-1269305.html

Morro bay has some great long distance ranges as well. 

Here another link to the Livermore property on CalGuns:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1593069

I read the specs on this place and think it's a great location if I were shooting competition and my budget included $100 per day for range fees. 

I hear you. Having a place that is private assures you some safety you may not feel on BLM land. I used to hunt and shoot on BLM land, & still do shoot up in the Sierras. People come out of nowhere, or without respect for others. Be safe if you decide to go that route 

A hundred bones seems like a bit of coin- are you a Diablo member? There are a lot of LD shooters in the club, we could arrange a club event or two. Might have to include powder burners as well to get enough numbers to offset the century note cost. 

I hear you. Having a place that is private assures you some safety you may not feel on BLM land. I used to hunt and shoot on BLM land, & still do shoot up in the Sierras. People come out of nowhere, or without respect for others. Be safe if you decide to go that route 

A hundred bones seems like a bit of coin- are you a Diablo member? There are a lot of LD shooters in the club, we could arrange a club event or two. Might have to include powder burners as well to get enough numbers to offset the century note cost.

HI oakhonor,

Yes, I am a fairly new club member (6 months) at the Diablo Rod and Gun club and shoot just about every Wednesday. Since I got turned on to Strelok Pro, I wanted to test the app and myself beyond 200 yards. I definitely would be game to join a club event when ever and where ever possible.

Rodjava circle s ranch does have 300 yard max , in the winter months you should wear good boots because it's swampy , it does get windy so the earlier the better, don't think airguns will be a problem 

Regards ,Johnny H

sigamander,

From some of the reviews I have read, it's best not to dawdle to and from the 300 yard marker. Otherwise someone won't take kindly to it. I'm going to give it a try once I know the ground is nice and dry.

Rodjava 

You can put paper targets up, but most pb shooter put out clay pigeons at 300 yard's

How are PB setting out clay targets at 300 yards? Hanging them on the target stands or placing them on the ground or on the back berm? I only have this one picture of the Circle range. Any advance intel would be great. I don't want any unwanted attention from the RSO if possible.

circle rANGE.1648489322.jpg