Where can I get a ➧Gun Instructor License, or ➧Shooting Coach Certificate? — ONLINE

There are licensed flight instructors and certified driving instructors.....

Is there any type of credentialing for "gun instructors"?
Like an online course to call yourself a "gun instructor" or "shooting coach" (of airguns, or firearms, whatever). Is there some written exam in order to get your "gun instructor certificate"?

I did some googling, but besides a couple presential classes half way across the globe, I haven't found anything yet.

➠ Thanks for your help! 👍🏼

Matthias 😊

Last edited:
There are licensed flight instructors and certified driving instructors.....

Is there any type of credentialing for "gun instructors"?
Like an online course to call yourself a "shooting instructor" (of airguns, or firearms, if there's nothing for air). Is there some written exam in order to get your "gun instructor certificate"?

I did some googling, but besides a couple presential classes half way across the globe, I haven't found anything yet.

➠ Thanks for your help! 👍🏼

Matthias 😊
Check the NRA

As @JungleShooter Matthias is in Lima, PERU South America - the options would be rather different that those found in the United States....

I figured he was in Lima Ohio.

But... It's not like he couldn't come here. The border is certainly open. (That's a physical, factual observation. Not a political one.)

Cheers,

J~

• Haha
Reactions: Healthservices
Yeah, I don't get to the US as often as I would like.

That's why I was asking for an ONLINE certification course, really anything.
Because here in Peru they like titles (🙄) — it's not your experience or skill that counts — it's the certificate you have hanging on the wall....
So a piece of paper that says "gun instructor" or "shooting coach" would be great.
Because this year the Peruvian airgun association is trying to get off the ground. We now have a large property to build a gun range and instructional facilities. We'd like to influence legislation for airgun laws and hunting laws. So many opportunities to make this sport grow....

Well, I checked NRA offerings up and down, and a few others. They ALL require at least a portion of the course to be in-person.
(And I congratulate them for requiring that — online instruction is rarely the best modality for training skills! 👍🏼)

➠ Any other leads, let me know. Thanks.

Matthias

Reactions: Treefrog
Matthias!
Have you tried the local police department? The local department here used to teach classes to the general public via a local college and would provide completion certificates to each attendee, provided they passed the tests.
There must be 'instructors' local to you. Perhaps the local police department has them listed and can let you know who they are for possible contact to attain the information to get a certificate locally?

Matthias,

I was hoping that the online course-set would accessible to you. I did a little research on Peru and firearms training, and all I could come up with was an online blurb on gun control from the UN.

If nothing else, there are a number of youtube channels that offer excellent ways to train. The problem is that you won't have a second set of eyes to show you how you're doing. A camera shooting video can be a real help with that. I've used one for personal motorcycle training in the past.

Things are changing rapidly in Argentina, so perhaps something will become available for you there.

Cheers,

J~

Here in the states & the typical commercial shooting sites we use for competitions, those of us who manage or match direct generally are required to have an RSO ( Range Safety Officer ) certificate. These are acquired after reading the provided info/documents, some in person class time and then taking a written test. I don't think w/o the one on one class time and validation of who is taking the course a Mail ordered certificate of training & compliance could or would be issued ???