• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where are the products?

Even a simple item such as rail extension for impact mk2 seems to be out of stock everywhere. That and bag rider last two parts I need. At this point I would even buy good used ones lol

Those rail extensions arnt even made by Fx that’s like saber tactical I saw on Instagram theyve got guns coming to their dealers Atleast twice a month. I got my Maverick from a small dealer in a couple of months. But I went to AOA the other day and they said they’ve only received 1 and a 1/4 shipments of delta wolves since they came out. They did have one on their shelves but it seems like a lot more Fx guns are coming in retrospect. I also saw a lot of brocock and I think Leishy guns at the AOA and Scottsdale dealer. I’m sure the last week of gas has slowed down the trucking industry. 

but all and all the air gun industry doesn’t seem to be taking the hits of a lot of other industries like dirt bikes for instance. I went to buy one to ride here in Arizona and the guy told me they’ve only received 7 to sell in their shop since January and they don’t know if they’ll get more anytime soon it’s absolutely insane how many niche type or hobby industries are hurting on inventory every where. 

It’s not that they aren’t making them, I heard they more than doubled their out put with double the employees and machineries. However the demand has more than tripled with more people getting into the hobby especially from powder burner world with ammo shortage. Also to produce any products with certain quality output can NOT scale vertically, high quality and vast output increase doesn’t go hand in hand unless you are Apple hiring 300-400k workers at a time. 

In airgun world FX is a giant but in the business world they are just other small business. I for one am extremely grateful that FX is constantly improving their product line while scaling up their production while maintaining quality. It’s very easy to be complacent and just make the same thing over and over again because the demand is there.

lol .. everything is affected more or less .. what it is, is an 'artificial' shortage on alot of things created by a drastic increase in raw material prices and a govt that pays the labor force more to stay home and be unproductive than to actually work ... so .. in a word the 'beast' that you sense is inflation .. big inflation that is still trying to hide just out of sight ..so ..materials and stocks of 'everything' that were in warehouses are being depleted and sold out and by the time theres not a shortage anymore everything will be going sky high in price .. thats the 'new normal' that is upon us ... you asked lol ..

lol .. everything is affected more or less .. what it is, is an 'artificial' shortage on alot of things created by a drastic increase in raw material prices and a govt that pays the labor force more to stay home and be unproductive than to actually work ... so .. in a word the 'beast' that you sense is inflation .. big inflation that is still trying to hide just out of sight ..so ..materials and stocks of 'everything' that were in warehouses are being depleted and sold out and by the time theres not a shortage anymore everything will be going sky high in price .. thats the 'new normal' that is upon us ... you asked lol ..

What he said ^

Here in Europe this is the same situation, you can check retailers like krale, airgunheaven or any other, it is nearly impossible to get a MK3. This is also the same for RTI (I'm expecting a Prophet for a month). JSB pellets were also hard to get, but the situation seems to ease recently. Cross border travel is still difficult, this must have side effects in every sector if trucks can't move around because their drivers have to stay confined for days if they come from some country still badly hit by covid. For instance anyone coming from the Czech Republic where is the JSB factory would have to stay confined as soon as the person crossed any border surrounding the country.

The problem is much larger than air guns. There was a piece of news in the Financial Times at the end of April reporting that 70% of the industry in Germany is facing shortages. In the electronic components market the shortage is global, it made some production lines to stop at car makers because if you can't get a 20 cents component some ECU can't be manufactured and without this ECU a car can't reach the end of the production line. A car maker even decided to use previous generation dashboards to complete cars to be able to sell them.

It seems also that a lot of people that could not travel or go to the restaurant for months decided to buy stuff to enjoy at home and that completely changed the demand for many products, generating side effects everywhere.

As previously mentioned there is also a container shortage, the prices have tripled or even more, maybe some manufacturer is waiting for the situation to ease, especially if their margins are low. This affects factories making products of higher value, there is a domino effect. 

Yeah it is the same all over, and in a lot of product categories.

Computers:

Try and fine any of the newer GFX cards at anything under MSRP + 100 % ( at least )

I also hear Power supplies, at least desirable ones for geeks are also hard to source.

CPU's have also had their share of problems, some models are still hard to find i am told, and trust me AMD which are finally pretty darn competitive on performance on GFX cards too, well it is probably not funny for them they can only make 50% of what they could potentially sell.

Airguns too hit, it is not funny not being able to shoot the gun i ordered over a month ago, so little fun the +3000 pellets i had sitting here on my computer table, i have had to put them away as they just remind me of what i want but cant have.

Okay i could get another gun that is in stock, and there also is one i have a keen eye to, but me being who i am i have my mind set on the Maverick, so hell or high water thats what i want ( so as you can deduct i would absolutely NOT be able to operate as a politician, that mean much more compromise making in a week than i have done so far in my soon to be 55 year lifetime )

I summing i all up. The China virus has caused shortages in all walks of industry from the excavation of our raw materials from the earth to the movement of them through our transportation systems, to the manufacturing of individual items, to the shipping of the finished products within the local boarders of a country and world wide. There are so many local, state and country borders that must be crossed that have wait times of several days or more that it is just plain ridicules. Once the items arrived at their destination country the transportation debacle starts all over again until it reaches us the consumer.

The whole world has changed drastically and will likely never be the same so get used to paying higher prices and grabbing what you can get when you can get it cuz it's going to be this way for quite a bit longer and I would expect permanently in some ways.

I summing i all up. The China virus has caused shortages in all walks of industry from the excavation of our raw materials from the earth to the movement of them through our transportation systems, to the manufacturing of individual items, to the shipping of the finished products within the local boarders of a country and world wide. There are so many local, state and country borders that must be crossed that have wait times of several days or more that it is just plain ridicules. Once the items arrived at their destination country the transportation debacle starts all over again until it reaches us the consumer.

The whole world has changed drastically and will likely never be the same so get used to paying higher prices and grabbing what you can get when you can get it cuz it's going to be this way for quite a bit longer and I would expect permanently in some ways.

Thats kinda racist to say China virus. Also you do know that word is ban right? Its covid 19 or cornona virus. Not China virus, Wuhan virus, kung flu. 

Thats kinda racist to say China virus. Also you do know that word is ban right? Its covid 19 or cornona virus. Not China virus, Wuhan virus, kung flu.

China virus,China virus

China is a country kind of like the USA there are all kinds of races in China so did I specify one? The virus was manufactured in China and sent around the world when it could have been prevented. It is just another one of those factual things. Kind of like the Asian flu that is what it is called is it racist too? Ban a word. 😂😂😂😂

Some folks seem to me to be stating that FX is holding back production yet no one has offered any proof that this is the true condition. Let's see, there is a demand for at.least 3 dream lines, the MKII and M3 impacts, 3 Maverick models, at least 2 wildcat models, almost forgot THE CROWN. SO that's 11 rifle models that are in high demand. Now How many barrel kits, shrouds, regulators and plenum kits are on order. I would not want to be managing the FX production and shipping lines. I still shoot my bearcat, early model Impact, compact MKII, and Maverick VP. I have 5 springers. I've Waited my "turn" for each one. None of them shipped with in a week. I like the new features of the M3 Impact but I have yet to fully explore what I have now. Plus my wife has some newly diagnosed serious health issues. And I really like Axel's(pardon my spelling) Ingenuity and progressive advancement of airgun design and science and Earnest ( My bad spelling again) has been studying and experimenting and improving and solving problems that some of you have kindly brought to his attention. Look at FX's new plant, wonder how much time was spent designing and placing machines and I imagine some money was borrowed to build it. Then there is the new warehouse, & warranty station on our east coast. I wonder how many guys have worked building a plant like that and know how much time and money and GOOD WARM weather it takes to complete the shell then fill in the interior. Like I've noticed, no one has offered any proof that FX is holding back production. I really like a man who keeps providing me with more and better products and has created a BOOM in air gun production and design and push existing manufactures to improve their offerings( or lose their share of the market) and New companies keep cropping up. None of that would have happened If Axel had just set back and raked it in. I'm thankful he enjoys inventing, Improving, listening to other ideas AND providing new models for me to dream of . I think "some-Ones" out there may owe a person an apology and even a thank you card for all he's done to make airgunning exciting. I Wonder How Long The Moderators will leave my comment in this thread. Any guesses? 

(Monday morning edit/update: It must have been a system glitch at PA. As of this morning their inventory of in stock PCP rifle models jumped right back up to its 'recent normal' level of 79).

I was pretty surprised to note something last Friday.

Pyramyd Air revised their web site just a little while ago. One of the features of the new site which I use is the ability to use "in stock" as a search criteria.

So I have bookmarked a search of PCP Air Rifles (all brands) which are in stock at Pyramyd Air.

This is not a specific quantity of actual rifles which are currently in stock, but a quantity of the number of models in stock. If a rifle comes in all calibers of .177 up through .30, it shows up as a single item, and then you have to use the drop-downs to find which calibers are in stock, and how many are available.

Having watched this number it generally seemed to fluctuate around +/- 80 for the last month or so. Maybe with a restocking order it would go up to 86-88 for a bit, and then as purchases were made it would go into the low to mid 70's.

Last Friday it was hovering around the low 80's in the morning, but when I checked in the afternoon it was down to 46. And it has pretty much remained there. And while last week some Crowns and even some M3's had shown up in their inventory (along with some DreamTacts and maybe some Wildcats), Pyramyd Air no longer has a single model in any caliber of an FX PCP air rifle.

I still have no explanation for the sudden drop in the number of PCP rifle models I saw in a single day last week. Not likely a correction due to an inventory count or something. Most likely due to folks buying up what is available, as it doesn't seem like inventory levels are going up any time soon, nor are prices going down. I'm really glad I got into this hobby/sport when I did last year during times of home lock-down due to China Virus. And I empathize with those who are only discovering PCP air guns now and are finding their buying choices extremely limited,

The real shortage is in primers and powders. Airgunners are much less affected than powder burners. Try being a reloader during these times.

Surprisingly, firerams are in plentiful supply, but not what you shoot in them.

I looked at the air rifles on the shelf at the local Scheel's store, and they have sold a grand total of one Sig-Sauer MCX Virtus in the last several months, with five more on display, but this is Montana, not exactly an airgunner hangout. Airguns are displayed along a wall in a back hallway, away from the main guns and ammo section. Paintball equipment gets a more prominent display. There are as many cheap airguns for sale as there ever were, with the same selection of pellets and BB's.