Where are all the classic pcp's?

It seems that times have passed them by and new technology has taken over. To most guys there’s just no reason to own one.
A picture thread dedicated to the forefathers of the modern pcps sounds good, I like the BSA hornet, Logun sweet16 era (early 2000s), that’s when i discovered pcps as a kid. Dad would take me to Barnes and noble to get the euro airgun magazines, brings back a lot of memories lusting over those guns as a kid.

Beau

Here is my AA 410 E. Purchased in the late 90's. Have only had one leak in all those years. The leak was from the quick disconnect male fitting. This rifle is still the most accurate rifle I have shooting 15.89 pellets around 900 fps.

20220920_181348_copy_908x2016[1].jpg

That ties into my point, shouldn't they pop up for sale more often?
No I think they’re not worth enough to sale. The quality in all those guns was top notch, but because of advances in the industry no one wants to pay more than a few hundred dollars for that level of performance. They’re worth much more than people are willing to pay, if it was me I’d let it sit in a safe before selling a work of art for $300.

We who own the FX Original Smooth Twist barrel guns (Bobcat, Boss, Royale) are not eager to let them go. They come up for sale occasionally but not too often. IMHO they are truly classic in their styling, their innovative barrels and their buttery smooth feel & performance. Their low maintenance & record of RARE malfunctions due to the simplicity of design is pretty amazing. Mine will be with me until I'm physically incapable of shooting anymore!

No I think they’re not worth enough to sale. The quality in all those guns was top notch, but because of advances in the industry no one wants to pay more than a few hundred dollars for that level of performance. They’re worth much more than people are willing to pay, if it was me I’d let it sit in a safe before selling a work of art for $300.
Well, like anything, they are only worth what someone is willing to pay. Letting it sit in the safe is an option. However with that line of thinking, and with more strides in airgun technology they will become even more obsolete. Then when you are old and crusty, and kick the bucket, your family can sell them for pennies. ;)

This is where I fall short in understanding. There have not been any advance in industry as far as I know and air is still air..