When You Make An Order to Make a Rifle

It's a topic we share either in reality or in future plans with our air rifles. 

The decision involves compromise.

I feel the worst thing to overcome in springers is the recoil effect, which itself is damaging to optical sights, and yet optical sights will get the most out of the "Racehorse" you order to make. It can be in any caliber and most interesting is accuracy accuracy accuracy when you shoot it. Accuracy is really "repeatable".

You want to repeat the accuracy of the rifle and expect the accuracy to shift here and there from outside conditions the rifle is exposed to one day and then another day 6 months away so it shall be a Winter Spring Summer and Fall rifle at all times.

A rifle like this I bought 20 years ago in the model Eliminator in all available calibers: .20, .22, 25.

All of them started accurate out of the box with a Weaver V16 Dot or Duplex in place the Dampa Mounts which served to reduce dangerous vibration in the optical source.

I kept the .25, sold the .22, and gave away the .20 Eliminator to an Army Pilot for his birthday.

I sold off every air rifle I'd had to that point of keeping just the .25 Eliminator and then added air rifles afterwards when I had the ability to buy them one at a time over many years to end up with all factory rifles without modification (as out of the box and just shot) and a build I was impressed enough with to want for my own air rifle interests.

You see, I shot the proto model to my own rifle owned by the builder who had sent it to me to shoot and rethink my bias to springers in break barrel ahead of underlever and sidelever.

I had SEEN and HELD the Air King before years ago but felt it was too big and powerful to use for my shooting.

So this ugly stocked D54 .20 with Zero Recoil mounts and Traditions 3-10X 40 Black Powder I took out of his travel case for it that he sent it to me in winds up fascinating me with the pulling of the sidelever over the 7 notches to firing recoilless and hitting anything that the wires were on at the moment the trigger released!

I had to adjust his windage only an inch to hit the center of the target offhand, and that adjustment I told him. But he knew offhand holds make different points of impact and his was not far from my own!

I felt I needed this to be in my inventory and even offered to buy the original he sent me but he instead declined and I said,
"Build me one just like it with the same scope" and he did.

We did have a couple of "send backs" when the piston had to be replaced with a better one to deal with PLASMA air in the D54 at top speed. The air gets compressed into plasma with the power of the D54 using Titan Springs. Not the ones already installed.

I am satisfied with the rifle to the point I want to employ the airgunsmith again instead of buying a STOCKED air rifle. This is the purpose of ordering a rifle built for YOU: Some trial and error to get it "right" so YOU are satisfied with the smith who built it.

There are those who take underlevers and break barrels to tune or customize but if you want the most power from an air springer rifle the D54 .20 delivers. It is a sensation to any delving into .20.

And I did it!

Twice!

It is worth it to me in the long run for many reasons a regular springer CANNOT match.

Kindly,

So let me make sure I have this straight....

You talk trash about PCPs, but then say "I feel the worst thing to overcome in springers is the recoil effect"...and then comment on the Daystate that you own and it's accuracy.

You also continually talk trash about those who tune their own rifles, but yet speak continuous ass-kissing about Hector and your modified RWS...... 

Man, you're as full of poop as a Christmas turkey. 

Kindly, 

Don't feed the troll.

I am reminded of a kid in the eighth grade who adamantly claimed he could run so fast the rubber on his sneakers would melt. He pretended he was serious but always rebuffed anyone who asked him to prove it with one or another excuse.

He did it because he needed the attention. There was something traumatic in his history. He was broken.

This guy is broken. He does this for the attention.

Don't feed the troll.

I am satisfied with the rifle to the point I want to employ the airgunsmith again instead of buying a STOCKED air rifle. This is the purpose of ordering a rifle built for YOU: Some trial and error to get it "right" so YOU are satisfied with the smith who built it.

I doubt I'd ever own, well, just about anything, but particularly in this case, an airgun, for more than a few years.

Don't ya get bored shooting the same thing over-n-over again?

I've bought/sold at least a few dozen powder-burners and airguns in the past, oh, five-ish years.

Not a one of them I miss so much that I regret it.

I doubt I'd ever own, well, just about anything, but particularly in this case, an airgun, for more than a few years.

Don't ya get bored shooting the same thing over-n-over again?

I've bought/sold at least a few dozen powder-burners and airguns in the past, oh, five-ish years.

Not a one of them I miss so much that I regret it.

No I don't get bored. I've had the same long guns since I was around 10 give or take...that's 40 years and no boredom here. Doubt I'll ever sell a springer I own...

I get a kick out of Fischer's posts. At least he posts something even if he can be somewhat controversial at times.(Roll eyes here). Looking forward to his next post. Lol!

Peace be with you, Fischer.

Psalm 119:165 "Great peace have they which love thy law; and nothing shall offend them"

Well that comes familiar with me and it means more than "I will agree to disagree with you."

I look at some of these respondents showing up on my thread throwing stones at me.

I remember a Gospel I memorized showing the accusers wanting to throw stones are questioned themselves about their intent and whether they had the right to throw stones at her in CH 8.

The next question I have is why when I visit the hospital frequently I read a sign at the desk taking my information that says, "Verbal abuse will not be tolerated and responded to with Security and Police".

And on this forum we have a few mouths that need to be addressed by whoever runs or moderates this forum.

Cordially,

I have the most accurate rifles on the planet. I only shoot them while hanging upsidedown from a trapeze. I never shoot less than two thousand yards. If you don't believe me you can come to my house in Guatamala and I will let you use my rifle and my trapeze. Bring your own pellets. Mine are made of iridium because of the superior sectional density. Don't ask me for a picture of a target because everyone knows all people who post things on the Internet (except me) are blatant liars and can not be trusted.