• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

When will ammo be available again, especially JSBs?

Keep your eyes open and watch the forum for back in stock alerts. They're trickling in and being sold at regular prices, but you either have to already have a backorder placed or be ready to order as soon as they're back in stock. Sometimes they're gone in under an hour-- especially for the more popular pellets. If you can't be surfing the websites all the time a preorder is your best bet, because by the time you get a back in stock email and go to place the order they may already be gone.

In the last month I've picked up 20 tins of JSB .25 33.4's, 20 tins of FX (JSB) .22 25.4's, as well as 20 tins of AA (JSB) .25 25.4's for a friend. All came from Pyramyd, although other dealers received shipments in the last month too. I initially just missed getting an order fulfilled for the FX .22 25.4's at Baker on 8/10-- I ordered an hour after they posted them as in stock, they were out of stock by the time I ordered. On 8/13 I see the status for the same FX .22 25.4's at Pyramyd go from "information" to "preorder." Placed a pre-order on 8/13 and they shipped on 8/18 and arrived today.

Also, it appears Pyramyd will turn pre-orders back on when a fresh shipment is en route... the FX .22 25.4's were showing "information" and not allowing pre-orders for quite a while, but they switched to allowing pre-orders just a few days before they arrived.

I posted the other day when Utah Airguns had .25 JSB’s in stock. They might be gone now, but take the time to check. I wanted to get my hands on some Hades, and checked every site, every day for longer than I care to admit. I gave up after a while, but got a wild hair the other night and checked. It was a good thing there was nothing I wanted to watch on Netflix that night, because they were suddenly in stock. Of course, they haven’t arrived yet, but I’m still calling it a victory. Be diligent, my brother! Eventually, the pellet gods will smile on you. In the meantime, check out UA. They might have what you need, for a few minutes. 

Being old school, and so not using any back in stock notifications, i have 5 local stores and 2 in other EU countries i check daily.

Even if i am stocked pretty well as it is with JSB and NSA stuff, but there are still things i would like more of, i am also going inconsiderate next time i order and so will be ordering at least 5 tins but probably 10.

But as it is now with what i have, i can shoot around 300 shots a day for a month. ( pic of some of my stuff waiting for the Maverick to arrive )

IMG_20210821_161012.1629555222.jpg

PS. I am not snagging any lead from out under my fellow American Shooters, i could but i am not that kind of person, so i only raid my own nest and tree for lead.

To get back to where it was before all this panic crap I am thinking it will be 18mo to 2yrs more. I read somewhere that JSB had back orders for everything they can produce in the most popular calibers and weights until 2023. Nothing is sitting in stock more than a couple of days "tops" then weeks of nothing. That is assuming anything is left over from filling the preorders.

Stop sending out thousands of dollars of helicopter money to people, especially those on forever unemployment with all day to shoot would help a lot. At this point we are also tied to the return of powder burner ammo. As long as that stays gone more and more people will keep moving over to airguns. The ones who already moved over will continue to compete with us for pellets. If the powder burner ammo, especially rimfire come back with large price increases it could get real ugly for us. 

Maybe at some point we will also reach a saturation point with the big volume pellet buyers who are stacking shelf stock of pellets for years use. They will have enough stock and start backing off some. People are just realizing how bad the shortage is now so it could get worse before it gets better. 

Just pre-ordered a couple of tins of 350 count .25 JSB kings from PA. I guess the new normal is ordering well ahead of when you expect to run out.

If you don't mind having to re-authorize your credit card every 30 days. That is if you used Visa the rest like Mastercard etc I think are every two weeks.

If the last load was an indication of times between stocking the one we just got a week or two ago will be the last one until maybe Thanksgiving or even Xmas. At that point most people will be in winter and just buy to put on the shelf until Spring. This is soooooo messed up.