When the moon the stars the shooter and the ammo all align, magic...RW 177 @ 155

Hannu, I agree with Flint, trolling his post isn’t cool. Start your own post if you want to show your shooting efforts. We appreciate constructive criticism on AGN, not thinly veiled put downs. FYI, general consensus in the Airgun community is that FIVE is a sufficient size group to demonstrate precision...

LOL good!

Obviously, I thought you were being a troll. I couldn’t possibly shoot a sub 1 inch 10 shot group at 155 yards. I have found it to be twice as hard to shoot a 10 shot group as it is to shoot a five shot group.

Shooting five shot groups is fun because they are smaller. Certainly there is an element of luck. However, everything needs to be perfect on that fifth shot, for it to snuggle right in to the rest of the group. That is not insignificant. Think about all the variables that could cause that tiny pellets flight to deviate an extra quarter of an inch?

mike

I will rephrase all of my above comments to Hande. 

shooting a 1 inch 10 shot group with a 25 caliber air gun, is good shooting. Top-tier. Hard to do. I was doing it 10 years ago.

Shooting a sub 1 inch five shot group with any air gun at 155 yards is mind boggling. 

Doing it twice in one day with a 177 caliber air gun is magic. I dare say it might never be done again. I hope someone proves me wrong.

mike

Hannu, I agree with Flint, trolling his post isn’t cool. Start your own post if you want to show your shooting efforts. We appreciate constructive criticism on AGN, not thinly veiled put downs. FYI, general consensus in the Airgun community is that FIVE is a sufficient size group to demonstrate precision...

Centercut, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do any trolling. Moderators, please remove my posts from this thread, if someone feels those offensive. I was just criticizing about the 5 shots "groups", nothing more.  I only disagree about the FIVE... The shooting of the Flintsack is amazing!

The point is he is shooting a 177 caliber past 150 yards and sub one inch groups. That alone is incredible just doing it in 177 past 100 yards is mind blowing.

It's the 177 CALIBER being used that's mind blowing.

Try shooting a 177 at 100 yards you will see what I mean.

I would like to see it done with YOUR 177 FX IMPACT-!

The point is he is shooting a 177 caliber past 150 yards and sub one inch groups. That alone is incredible just doing it in 177 past 100 yards is mind blowing.

It's the 177 CALIBER being uaed that's mind blowing.

I totally agree that those groups are amazing with .177 - slugs. Plus damn fine shooting on ideal conditions (as stated by Flint). Would everyone be just as amazed if the same feat was done with .22 RD Monster pellets? Less? More? Same? and why?

I’ll bite. I would be even more amazed if someone did it with 22 redesigns. I would think that someone either found a really really really really good batch of pellets, or they were shooting a new and special air gun.

when slugs first came out, I thought they were cheating. Comparing them to pellets, didn’t make sense in my mind. They were also very expensive. One of the reasons I shoot air guns is because They are so expensive to shoot. 

Now we have slugs that are reasonably priced. They shoot so much better than pellets, there’s really no comparison. I’m talking at long range here. Inside 75 yards you’re not going to see a great deal of difference.

The game has changed dramatically with the introduction of relatively inexpensive slugs. They are absolutely much better projectiles. Just look at how much less they drop at long distance, that tells you how much more efficient they are.

I don’t know of any Airgun previously , where I could shoot two sub 1 inch groups at that kind of distance. One group maybe, but not two in the same session.

mike