When the gun come out so do Otis.

When the shooting start Otis is looking for easy meal. He shows up on regular basis.

20230511_082809.jpg

20230511_083020.jpg

20230511_083046.jpg

Between the fat frogs in stream and the sparrows I shoot Otis eats very well. I think it's the sound of ringing steel that gets his attention and bring him out .
@shambozzie Look at you spoiling ole Otis. “Let’s keep it movin’ people, just keep on movin!!”

By the way, I really like your landscaping.

Last edited:
Having birds of pray show up, shouldn't surprise anyone who regularly hunts varmints. Fact is, if you hunt the same areas most of the time, it is very common. Here in SE New Mexico, we see lot of ferruginous hawks who do the same as "Otis".

Birds in general, have the ability to recognize people and their vehicles, and I suspect the sound of those same vehicles. Since they're smart, they know picking up a dead varmint, uses less energy than hunting one down. Stupid they are not!

Reactions: robbos
we have been hosting and watching a family of falcons on our property for over 22 years and several generation of birds.
Each time I start shooting pests they show up and quickly clean up after me.
Fun to watch.
Occasionally, when shooting squirrels, they are a little too efficient at cleaning up.

Doc