When someone has to ask, what is a meaningful post I think ,

is this person worth reading? This forum is about airguns and related equipment.
I would think a person would at least find something worth sharing airgun-related, like DA....oh double-action:unsure:
Maybe the guy is just here to sell his airgun because he actually does not want the airgun, well so what?

community is about sharing and with that hopefully comes Trust.
That 10-post requirement helps US.

I don't buy or sell anything via AGN or any other forum. So I don't really have a dog in this fight.

However, I do agree with what another long time member who is trusted by many/most here that the message count before being able to access PM's or the classified section should be at least 100 relevant messages.

Recent scams prove that 10 messages isn't good enough and even 100 won't stop the scams, as is evidenced by some being recently scammed by long term members.

There has to be some way, even if it involves a fee, to stop the scamming. AGN actually owes it to it's members to do more as long as it offers a classified sales section.

Heck, I would rather see a Political section myself as Politics affects everyone!

As I said, I don't buy or sell anything via AGN or any other forum. And for good reason.

My best to all!

Kerry

The non-existent quality and low effort of some of these guys that want to access the members classifieds so badly is just...astounding. I never in my 7 years of being in this hobby felt the urge to scratch and claw my way passed what should be higher thresholds to gain access to a classifieds, where guns often remain unsold for months.

-Matt

I don't buy or sell anything via AGN or any other forum. So I don't really have a dog in this fight.

However, I do agree with what another long time member who is trusted by many/most here that the message count before being able to access PM's or the classified section should be at least 100 relevant messages.

Recent scams prove that 10 messages isn't good enough and even 100 won't stop the scams, as is evidenced by some being recently scammed by long term members.

There has to be some way, even if it involves a fee, to stop the scamming. AGN actually owes it to it's members to do more as long as it offers a classified sales section.

Heck, I would rather see a Political section myself as Politics affects everyone!

As I said, I don't buy or sell anything via AGN or any other forum. And for good reason.

My best to all!

Kerry

I can understand your sentiment.
However, wherever there are rules there are people who are going bend, twist and break them.
There is no way to absolutely stop bad behavior, which is not to say efforts should not be made to thwart it.

Reactions: oledawg
When I see a new member trying to post I read and decide if I feel it's worth a comment... I check and see if his first few post are somewhat meaningful.. if they come right out and say their just here to buy/sell on the classifieds I never acknowledge their existence.. if they are posting on every thread not to contribute but just hurry to get their 10...I write them off ...And the worst... Replying to threads that are years old... to get their 10..That drives me nuts... Those old threads that have been dead for a few months should be locked...