When silence is a priority

Airguns, why do we love airguns ?

The ease of shooting them, the efficiency, the precision, the underdog factor, the low maintenance ( with firearms I have to clean them every time I shoot ) and last but not least the silence.

I find a lot of parallels with my Electric bike pretty much all mentioned above.

So ? .....so I had this Donny FL sticker and figured it would sit perfectly on the tail of my bike ;)
SAM_0046.JPG
SAM_0045.JPG

Jeeez - the workplace? Living the life my bro! hahahaha!

Now if you packed a PCP in the backpack for plinking breaks, you're definitely living the life!
Well, well I sold one of my PCPs to my boss and made him buy a GX CS4 compressors and I shoot my Huben pistol almost everyday at work :D

If you check out the Huben Pistol thread, Billy came to shoot here Sunday,.....I also shoot firearms here too.

Oh sht just noticed you in Hawaii - I've been looking for a place in Kauai for the past few months - but what I don't know is how is it over there for Airgunning? No restrictions can do it anywhere? Or just in my back yard type of thing?
Nobody cares over here never had a problem anywhere and I rarely use LDCs

Nice! I'm taking a pretty serious look at adding a Suron Ultra Bee to the stable this year. Slap on a new 21/18" wheel set and some real dirt bike tires and it should make for a great bike for riding around my property. I've got some really gnarly terrain, can't wait!

Looks like you're dual sporting that Storm Bee. What kind of range are you getting?

Nice! I'm taking a pretty serious look at adding a Suron Ultra Bee to the stable this year. Slap on a new 21/18" wheel set and some real dirt bike tires and it should make for a great bike for riding around my property. I've got some really gnarly terrain, can't wait!

Looks like you're dual sporting that Storm Bee. What kind of range are you getting?
The Ultra is really good, I know a few people that have it and I like it a lot, but you're right I'm more into dual sports and that is why I got the Storm, the Ultra is a fantastic single track rider indeed.

I'm getting better range then I expected, my commute is 15 miles each way,
in Sport mode riding mainly 45-50 mph with a couple pulls in the 65-70 mph on each leg after 2 days and 60 miles I usually have -/+ 30% left in the battery

The Ultra is really good, I know a few people that have it and I like it a lot, but you're right I'm more into dual sports and that is why I got the Storm, the Ultra is a fantastic single track rider indeed.

I'm getting better range then I expected, my commute is 15 miles each way,
in Sport mode riding mainly 45-50 mph with a couple pulls in the 65-70 mph on each leg after 2 days and 60 miles I usually have -/+ 30% left in the battery

That's a pretty good range! Must cost you less than $1 a week for the electricity.

I'm really looking forward to no air filters, no oil changes, no valve checks etc. Also, hopefully less stuff to break/leak during those unplanned dismounts lol.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
That's a pretty good range! Must cost you less than $1 a week for the electricity.

I'm really looking forward to no air filters, no oil changes, no valve checks etc. Also, hopefully less stuff to break/leak during those unplanned dismounts lol.
Yup maintenance was one major reason for getting this bike as well as the fact that there's really nothing that can break, but let's not forget that it's a pleasure to ride, no vibrations, no heat, no noise ( I can ride close to houses they would never know ) instant torque at any point, twist and fly, 4.5 seconds 0 to 60, on turbo gotta be really careful to launch because I could flip easy.

Get off my lawn you damn kids! You and your electric fancy pants scooters. When I was a kid we road our Yamaha yz's everywhere and relished the noise and smells. Suppose you gotta plug that fancy smancy bike in. The nerve. We had to siphon gas with a hose to get anywhere. Damn kids these days....

Get off my lawn you damn kids! You and your electric fancy pants scooters. When I was a kid we road our Yamaha yz's everywhere and relished the noise and smells. Suppose you gotta plug that fancy smancy bike in. The nerve. We had to siphon gas with a hose to get anywhere. Damn kids these days....
Hahahaha, been on bikes since I was 14 ( knocking on 60 now ) however never got into dirt biking because I never liked the noise of them, still had plenty Dual sports in my life
I'm loving the smooth, silent, smelless ride of electric bikes once the energy delivery improves ( and tech is going so fast it will soon ) so range improves and charging will get faster with charging stations as common or even more numerous ( less footprint for charging stations compared to gas stations ) then gas stations it will be nirvana because electric bikes are that much better to ride.

My bike is just perfection for my commute and riding on my side of the island however I'm considering getting a Tenere 700 or a Honda 300 Rally for longer rides.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Yeah! What He said above!
And when We were siphoning gas? It wasn't this namby, pamby, fancy Unleaded gasoline!
NO!! We had to ingest Leaded Gasoline! And doing that could come with an injection of Lead Buck Shot as a chaser!!!

Damned Kids now a days and their new fangled gizmos!!

Yup maintenance was one major reason for getting this bike as well as the fact that there's really nothing that can break, but let's not forget that it's a pleasure to ride, no vibrations, no heat, no noise ( I can ride close to houses they would never know ) instant torque at any point, twist and fly, 4.5 seconds 0 to 60, on turbo gotta be really careful to launch because I could flip easy.

I've yet to ride an electric moto, but I've been impressed with the instant torque of the EV's I've driven. However I can't stand their electronic nanny's that stop you having any kind of sideways action. I can't think of single EV (car/truck) that lets you turn everything off. Even the track mode on the performance Tesla's still intervenes and cuts power when you wish it wouldn't.

Electric Moto's OTOH, don't have that issue!

I've yet to ride an electric moto, but I've been impressed with the instant torque of the EV's I've driven. However I can't stand their electronic nanny's that stop you having any kind of sideways action. I can't think of single EV (car/truck) that lets you turn everything off. Even the track mode on the performance Tesla's still intervenes and cuts power when you wish it wouldn't.

My bike has traction control but can be taken off and that's how I ride.

The instant torque is addicting

Reactions: Airgun Al
But aside the beautiful rideability of electric bikes, aside the pretty much complete lack of necessary maintenance the one thing that stand out the most long term is that there's an extreme low number of parts that can break compared to a Gas bike, .....Starter, alternator, battery, clutch, fuel pump, water pump, gear box, all the parts that make pistons work, radiator, then you have oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs and probably forgetting a bunch

Reactions: PumaCarl and qball

Tesla is the only EV I know that lets you turn every single nanny off, you can even put it into "drift mode" or zero traction control and it's the easiest burn out ever. There are quite a few things to turn off though, track mode doesn't automatically turn all the nannies off if I remember right.