• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

When is it a "good time" to buy an airgun?

Pyramyd Air does a 10% off and free shipping on orders over $150 every three or four months, or if you would consider switching to a Crosman model, you can get 25% off any day using the banner above, and on Thursdays I believe it's free shipping. AirgunDepot.com also does 10% off sales from time to time.

Now might be a really good time to buy at AirgunDepot. There's a $50 rebate from Air Venturi on the R9 and about 50 other guns for some reason.

http://www.airgundepot.com/beeman-r9-air-rifle.html

Look in the upper right corner of the page for the rebate link.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Reactions: addertooth
Or when you find it for a good price. Like this Hatsan Striker 1000x .22 I got last evening @ amazon for $119.47 out the door...
hatsan.22striker.jpg

Only weighs about 7lbs with 3-9x32 scope & 800FPS!

"zumbooruk"I finally decided on the first airgun I'd like to get for my son and myself, a Beeman R9 (until I change my mind yet again...)

Since we are getting close to the holiday season and black Friday, should I pull the trigger now? or should I wait another month for better prices?

thanks,

-z
Beeman R9 and HW95 share the same exact action. Rekord trigger, power plant(spring) and barrel are the same. The 2 big differences is the R9 stock has stippling and comes with a muzzle break at the end of the barrel. AoA has the HW95 on sale for $315. IMO you will not find better deal on a springer at $315.

I done my research, wait for sale. Most of my stuff are bought on sale. However, I learned from my mistake that no matter how attractive the price, you don't want to buy things that you don't want to keep afterwards. But I still over bought anyway. I bought two Walther when they were sold for 295.00 in .22 and .177, also R7 and HW30 and two HW35E .22 and .177 and so are Air Arm. The lesson is have a overall plan, don't just buy just because it is good value. Even it is not on sale buy it anyway if that is what you want. Buy the right one. Airgun sport is an addiction. Nowadays, airgun collection actually more economical than real firearm collection and less troublesome. 

"Saltlake58"<snip>
Now might be a really good time to buy at AirgunDepot. There's a $50 rebate from Air Venturi on the R9 and about 50 other guns for some reason.

http://www.airgundepot.com/beeman-r9-air-rifle.html

Look in the upper right corner of the page for the rebate link.

^ +1. Life is short, and so's your son's childhood. Shooting with your son three weeks earlier will more than make up for the few dollars you may or may not save. The $50 rebate is like a sign from the heavens.

P.S. - I still say you're making a mistake buying two of the same gun. Get an R7 and an R9, so you can mix it up. You might find that in the end, you prefer the R7 anyway, but if you have two R9s, you wouldn't know. If you're thinking of having a friendly competition witn your son, think of this: whoever is the better shot can shoot the gun that's more difficult to hit with. It can really add a new dynamic. For example, in the wind, the R9 will be preferred. No wind, the R7 would probably be more accurate inside 30 yards. (or at least easier to shoot accurately with)

P.P.S. - I wish I could be there to see you and your son shooting together for the first time. Shooting a proper airgun for the first time with my dad was one of the Top 10 highlights of my youth. Would you consider having your wife video it? Save it on YouTube, and I guarantee you'll treasure that, years from now.

I save little family moments as Unlisted YouTube videos, and already, I treasure them. My daughter's first Big Wheel ride, I just watched again, and it brought a tear to my eye. Just look at her smile!

Here she is on the day she was born:

Time flies....