When I Am Tempted To Buy Another Airgun....

I have limited myself to 3 air guns. When temptation comes calling I have a mental exercise that has worked (somewhat) in the past. I just review some issues and it usually calms the irrational wants
1. I donā€™t have any more room in my safe.
2. What is the new wonder gun going to do that my current guns wonā€™t do?
3. Even if the new interest will fill a niche or expand capabilities, am I really interested in that new dimension of air gunning?
4. How much money is in the gun fund?

Said the man who bought a Panthera yesterday, even after saying on this forum I would resist. Apparently will power was on back order this week.

I have limited myself to 3 air guns. When temptation comes calling I have a mental exercise that has worked (somewhat) in the past. I just review some issues and it usually calms the irrational wants
3. Even if the new interest will fill a niche or expand capabilities, am I really interested in that new dimension of air gunning?

Said the man who bought a Panthera yesterday, even after saying on this forum I would resist. Apparently will power was on back order this week.
@Chukar60 2 & 3 are good questions to ask myself. That train of thought didn't prevent you from getting that Panthera or had you already planned to buy one?

Panthers Hunter? Man, if it was only in a .35 or .357. Then there would be trouble. But I have learned. My thumb and a nail gun can stop almost any temptation that could lead to sin. And my safe is full.

Go ahead and kick the can down the road, you eventually have to man up and say to yourself in the mirror: what daddy wants is what daddy gets! šŸ¤£
@qball I see I have to watch my wallet around you. You're a bad influence!! šŸ˜… I have kicked myself once or twice for balking on purchasing an item or two. Sometimes I think it's messed up for the women in our lives that will have to sell of this stuff when it's all said and done with. Especially for guys with expansive and expensive collections whose woman doesn't know the value of the items.

• Haha
Reactions: qball
@qball I see I have to watch my wallet around you. You're a bad influence!! šŸ˜… I have kicked myself once or twice for balking on purchasing an item or two. Sometimes I think it's messed up for the women in our lives that will have to sell of this stuff when it's all said and done with. Especially for guys with expansive and expensive collections whose woman doesn't know the value of the items.
Ezana4CE, is this a thing? Do you have any widowā€™s phone# ?

Ezana4CE, is this a thing? Do you have any widowā€™s phone# ?
You sound exactly like the type of guy that I had in mind. Lol. In all sincerity, occasionally a wifow or friend of a departed airgunner will pop up on the forums trying to sell or looking for help trying to sell off items of their loved one. I hope yā€™all are good to them, but thereā€™s always one or two guysā€¦šŸ‘€

@Chukar60 2 & 3 are good questions to ask myself. That train of thought didn't prevent you from getting that Panthera or had you already planned to buy one?
I was at first afflicted with shiny new gun syndrome or gun of the month disease. Then I ran through the exercise and decided I would not bite.
I wanted a 25 slug gun and was settled on another M3. Then, dang me, I shot one at the local air gun store, talked to a few people there who had them and the itch turned into poison ivy.
Thus far, about 400 slugs in and it has not disappointed me. It was worth giving up my Crown MKII for. I am still holding at 3 air guns.
But then they showed me the new compact hunter version and offered to let me shoot it. I declined. I know better.

sometimes

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Wait, WAIT!!! You mean I'M gonna kick before my wife? Well THAT wasn't in my plan! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

My buddies have been thrilled with their Airguns for years. Each only has one gun. Their secret? They never even looked at an airgun forum or watch YouTube airgun crap. When they need pellets, they click ammo then find the pellets they want and check out. We donā€™t know how to protect ourselves from ourselves. They do.
This is so true! I took a break from the forums for awhile and no purchases in that time. Now I'm back and find myself fighting the urge of getting another gun when I was fine for past 6 months with what I had. It's terrible being on the forums for the wallet.

Reactions: qball and Ezana4CE
I've been thinking about this for awhile and also wanted to start a thread like this. This is what I struggle with:

1. I'm a procrastinator.

2. My work schedule is too demanding and I don't have the time.

3. I have airguns that can shoot accurately out to 100+ yards yet I only have a maximum of 30 yards at my home range.

4. I have new barrels, regulators, and other accessories that are sitting in a box that have yet to be used. See #1 and #2.

5. I don't have the space. I've been thinking about purchasing a second safe but then the cycle will continue.

you just THINK they don't know the value, get a divorce or four and you will find out.

Along with LLeonā€™s and Ezanaā€™s reasons, I look at my current stock of 8 pcpā€™s And ask myself each and every time FX puts out a new model, what could the new model possibly do that my current guns on hand canā€™t do? Out of the 8 I own, five of them are collecting dust, feeling lonely. Where I store them, they are all surrounded by near new reloading equipment that I slowly acquired in the last five years leading into retirement as I ā€œhad plans and dreamsā€ of getting into competitive long range target shooting and predator hunting. Looking at those items all mounted on my bench, untouched, reminds me I donā€™t need another pcp.

you just THINK they don't know the value, get a divorce or four and you will find out.
The Barbie divorce doll comes with half of Kenā€™s things.

Iā€˜m only into this 4 years, a drop in the bucket compared to several other members. If I didnā€™t run into this forum I would probably own a Howitzer by now. My buddy who got me started said anything less powerful than a HW80 was junk. All my guns were .22, .25 and .30 cal. before reading.
Reading this forum opened things up. One of my last posts was Bonus. Bear of Grayling announced some .20 cal. rifles, scored 3 of them, en route now. 1 spin around the dial. I do use all my springers.
ā€˜Going to be one hell of an auction when I do a Hank Snow and move on.
When I die, I wanna die like my grandfather, in sleepā€¦ā€¦.
Not screaming, like a five passengers in the car. Crow