When does everyone re-charge pcp ?

I just got a synrod! The accuracy has surpassed my expectations. I’ve had it for a few days and I’m already shooting nickel to dime sized groups at 25 yards from a bench rest. I took it pest hunting yesterday and shot a Grackle and three English Sparrows (both legal in Texas).

i pressurize it to 2700 or 2800 psi. I get about 30 good shots and then they start to drop around 2100 psi. I can shoot for 20 more shots by just aiming a little high. I’ve re-pressurized it at 1700 psi.

Just curious as to when you marauder guys re-charge/refill the tank (what psi)?

My Gamo Urban shoots consistent fps (chronoed) from 2900 down to 1900. This gives me right at 30 shots, then shots start to drop as fps falls off. Would suggest anyone fire a 30 round string of pellets through their chronograph, note the pressure after each 5 shots and compare that to both fps and accuracy. It is different for each weapon, regardless of make. 

Caldwell is a good solid basic chronograph. My first was a Combro, and still use it. Great design really small. Setup is a breeze, you just rubber band it to the end of your gun. The Caldwell is bigger and takes more effort to setup. Both give good results.

Combro is also great for the range. Space is limited, so it's easy to just extend my gun by 5 inches for the chronograph rather than setup an entire Caldwell style.

I’ve had my Caldwell Prochrono for over 15 years and it still works just fine, matter of fact they still sell it today for what I paid for it back then 99.00 bucks, I’ve shot everything thru it from my bow arrows,crossbow arrows, 22lr, 410-20-12 gauge slugs, 45 & 50 cal black powder.223 up to 338 win mag and 9mm, 44mag, 45-70 plus my different airgun calibers and it’s still going strong heck I even bought a digital link for it last summer. So far it’s a keeper.

When needed, naturally. And you do need chrony access.

Fill on a marauder depends on tune, tuned for max shots w/bstaley tune fill to maybe 1,850psi. Drop in a $69.00 regulator and fill to 3,000 refill @ reg drop off.

Once you get yours adjusted the way you like ( and lock down those adjustment ) you'll know you fill points, until then just watch your target for poi change & have fun.

John

Just practiced. Loaded the Marauder to 2800 psi at factory settings. Shot dime-sized groups down to 1900 psi at 25 yards. Past that, groupings spread out to nickel to quarter sized groups with little drop. At around 1700 psi I started to notice drop. Although the groups were tight from 2800 to 1900 psi, I'm sure the groups past that (down to 1700 psi) were significantly lower in fps as well. I'll have to wAit until I get a Chrono to find out. Spysir, where do I send it to have a regulator installed? I have a sun rod. I'm sure it's generation 2. Does that matter?