• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

N/A What's your ultimate setup if you didn't have a budget or wife to kill you?

Ditto to post 59. As long as I was fiscally responsible and didn’t get carried away, we were good. My paycheck covered all household expenses, I have no idea what she did with her $$. I trust her explicitly.
However, if she learns what I paid for the Evol Paradigm .30 I’ll be interviewing a new partner. 😳

I am always quite surprised of how some men fear buying something that may upset their spouse.

If it is your money, you should be able to do as you please. Same goes for the wife.

I buy all types of things, including quite expensive things, and asking my wife never even crosses my mind.

My beautiful bride does the same.
because its a parntership and we have one account not two one. if i sepnd thats money she doesnt have. so if she wants to spend she says this is what i want and it gets discussed and if my wife wants somthing she will come first around here. if i want i let her know and its discussed. she keeps up with the bills and if i dont get with her i dont know if i can buy anything or not?
but for the most part its called partnership.
and i will add around here its not just a partnership it RESPECT.

Reactions: Stackofhay
around here its not just a partnership it RESPECT.

Respecting a spouse is paramount in any quality relationship.

My wife and I have incredible respect for each other and would have not made it 32 years without it.

Each households financial situation is different, but in ours, we each have our own money so we spend as we please.

Reactions: pan60
I can have anything I want that we can afford, but nothing in the airgun world is really exciting me at the moment. I have 7 PCP rifles 1 PCP pistol. and am happy with my current selection. My wife and I have been married 41 years, and with no children, we have owned much.
When I bought my first air rifle (a Beeman R7), I was supposed to buy ONE rifle. I ordered 2, and did not tell my wife. The other was a Theoben SLR98. I snuck the second into the house by meeting the UPS man and slipping it into the basement. I thought I got away with it, but when I went to use them, she knew. She asked why I hid the truth from her when it was not necessary, as she would have told me to go ahead and buy it anyway. She is a terrible enabler, and anything I ask her about, guns, cars, equipment, property, she tells me if I want it to buy it and we will find a way to pay for it.
I do tell her when I am going to buy something, but she has never stopped me from buying anything I want. She actually gets mad if I ask her if I can make a purchase.

Reactions: Flavi
Respecting a spouse is paramount in any quality relationship.

My wife and I have incredible respect for each other and would have not made it 32 years without it.

Each households financial situation is different, but in ours, we each have our own money so we spend as we please.
we do as well but a major purchase such as some of these guns and the thread title ( What's your ultimate setup if you didn't have a budget or wife to kill you? ) lead to my reply.
if i was grabing another vintage pump gun i would dig in my poket and just be broke for a bit.
but in grabing a new EVOL i chat with her before i make that purchase because at the end of the day it effects us both.
: )

Reactions: MAUMAU