• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What's your ultimate setup if you didn't have a budget or wife to kill you?

Lol I'm 30 and the way this world is going I definitely don't wanna be here in 45yrs. Praying Jesus comes much sooner
Well, I'm on the other side of 7.5 decades, barely, praying that some form of sanity prevails, barring that Lord Jesus, I'm ready let's get it on!

I have no idea of what it would be so I'm just buying fun guns for now just to get them out of the way. I think I have around 20 now. Next year I will be looking for THE GUN. BTW, my ex already robbed me blind and she died so my budget isn't scrutinized.
Ok, I have to ask, was the body ever found? Asking for a friend. I'm very happy with my Mavericks, they do what I need, unless I mess them up then it's an issue but I'm in the set and forget mode now.

Agree on everything but the compressor. IMHO the new Air Venturi Rovair is a game changer for $500.
And can I ask why is the Air Venturi Rovair a game changer ?

That term gets thrown around quite often and the majority of the time is severely overstated,...... having said so I like to her your findings.

The generally great thing about wives, at least mine, is they don't have the slightest clue between a moderate cost setup and high end setup. To her they all look the same.

You can't put a price on happiness. Just get a $10k setup and be happy. Don't worry about the debt you'll go into, the government will print more money anyway. 😵‍💫

We are both North of 80 and this is "OUR" pellet rifle. Sometimes we shoot almost MOA but not always! She loves the IR feature.

Vk07DxBh.jpg

And can I ask why is the Air Venturi Rovair a game changer ?

That term gets thrown around quite often and the majority of the time is severely overstated,...... having said so I like to her your findings.
Virtually the same performance as the older and well regarded AV NOMAD but at 2/3 the price. “Game changer “ as far as I am concerned for its price/performance and within not that much more $$$ than the generic Chinese compressors with interchangeable names you can buy on Amazon. And like Amazon, most dealers are offering free shipping on the Rovair. David

Virtually the same performance as the older and well regarded AV NOMAD but at 2/3 the price. “Game changer “ as far as I am concerned for its price/performance and within not that much more $$$ than the generic Chinese compressors with interchangeable names you can buy on Amazon. And like Amazon, most dealers are offering free shipping on the Rovair. David
Do you realize that The NOMAD, every NOMAD ...are Chinese compressors right ?

Reviews on the NOMAD line are nowhere near as good as reviews of other " Chinese " compressors.

The GX CS3 at 400 bucks shipped on Amazon Prime is both cheaper and way better then the "game changer " Nomad

Thanks, but I’m not China bashing. I am well aware that the AV compressors are made in China. It is the support that is far differen. I have contacted AV for technical support, Parts, and just general advice on many occasions and was very pleased with the results. I did not had the same result with regard to the GX compressor that I bought from Amazon and returned when there was nothing but problems from day one. Fortunately, the return policy runs through Amazon, who honors it. I also bought a second compressor through Amazon, which received high reviews of their site (I believe it was Labeled as a “Spirtech”. ) It worked reasonably well until there was a minor problem and it was past return. The Amazon tech people tried to help me, but then when that didn’t work, I tried reaching out to the company. Good luck finding them or getting anything out of them. Again that has not been my experience with AV.

As for any bias against a Chinese manufactured product, I am now on my seventh or eighth iPad, which myself and all of my pre-– semi – retirement associates have been using for many many years. Last time I checked, iPads were built in China and then drop shipiped to the United States if you order through Apple itself. Support? Apple support is beyond compare especially when you compare apple to the Microsoft world and Microsoft based systems. Good luck even getting a hold of Microsoft and getting support.

Finally, I am very happy with the Huben K1 I own, which was produced in mainland China. albeit designed elsewhere. A wonderful and wonderfully built PCP air rifle with good local support through John at New England Air and Kelly here in the Midwest.

Of course your opinion of GX and/or my opinion as to the Rovair are just that, opinions, rather than fact. You may be right or I may be right and we are not going to resolve it here or in the real world.

David.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAUMAU
Barret M82A1, so I can pick off some squirrels over in the next county....... :eek::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 387575
If you want to really go big the 50 BMG And a Barrett are not the ultimat. The preferred setup for reaching out and touching someone at a mile + is a .375/408 Cheytac bolt gun, but you’ll need some really big meta-bucks glass for you and a spotter with an equally big and expensive spotting scope. Plus that’s just too much weight and effort for one man to haul around in the field. David

• Haha
Reactions: KatoKevin454
This is an Attaman Tsar FT stock once owned by Will Piatt (rip). It was adapted to a RAW TM1000 action - incredibly perfect for me.
Very cool. I’ve been waiting for a TM 1000 barreled action I have on order through a dealer to show up for quite a while now. I understand the action is well worth waiting for however so I am being patient. I was looking at the new MPA chassis that fits the HM 1000 X footprint but no one I have talked to knows whether the TM 1000 and the HM 1000 share the same inlet. You wouldn’t know would you? David