• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's your thoughts on AEA airguns? Are they hype or legit?

Fer sure. I thought about the semi for awhile but ill wait till they get a few gens ahead... The boltys in the chally and max platform on the other hand are real good as long as you stick to the big bores. Ive heard decent things about the bolt .25 an .30 also. If you do ever get another id recommend the max platform. Easy to work on with an extremely simple design. Havnt figured out a way to tune it yet other than stacking washers per the ua reference vid. But i also haven't spent much time in the guns guts yet. Hellalot easier to do stuff with over my hatsan bullboss thats fer sure.
Good to know I appreciate it

When they wake up and discover hammer spring tension adjustment I might buy one.
They sorta did. They stack washers behind the spring to increase power. Remove to decrease. Ive seen some cut a coil or 2 and others change to a lighter spring with a smaller spring to stiffin and the washer concept still applies. Theres a video on it

Reactions: SHOMER
To resurrect an old thread and save some new buyers heartache. Theyre not a deal. Valves break, pellets blow back and jam the fcg and they're a bit noisey. Parts are usually unavailable or your on a wait list, the factory refuses to fix their knowingly flawed valve pin design. If you are handy theyre ok. Put the money towards a premium gun instead and thank me later. I own one, I made and sold valves for them, I have contempt for them.

Reactions: Vortecsix
I think the regular Challenger Standard and Bullpup are the best models. They are very powerful and mine are very quiet, the 22 Cal doesnt need an additional moderator. But it is easily capable of breaking the sound barrier so you just need to keep your speeds turned down. The Bullpup is my favorite since you can adjust the trigger a little. Downsides are the valves (apparently) and the mags are not the best. Both of mine are regulated and have been pretty darn consistent and accurate. Not sure that I like them more than my modded Avenger (about the same price point) but they sure produce the ft/lbs for hunting.

18 months after my 1st china pcp purchase I've sold the s45 and Pre-ordered a Dynamic .357. If I didn't know better I might of kept the s45 but my first pcp was a M3 and I just couldn't go backwards. Maybe I'm just not into big bore pcp but I didn't trust it. Overall quality was acceptable but not overly impressive. Occasional jams & magazines that blow up just didn't cut it. If a good trigger & reasonable dB level are important to you then consider something else.

Reactions: HubenK1Sniper92
Stack washers for power then back out the the folder part to lose tension. Easy peasy
Come on I don’t know how in this day and age anyone can’t agree that is a totally lame way to do it. Now they are producing externally adjustable regs that absolutely need a wider easier way of adjusting hammer strike. For any given reg pressure the window of hammer strike that will run your gun at its utmost efficiency and stability is actually pretty narrow. At least in my experience.

With all that said I did buy and aea challenger big 9. It’s a deer gun so hunting for at most two shots which I can find with fill pressure. I still wouldn’t buy one of their regged guns. Hype or legit ? Who knows will find out when I shoot it. Waiting on ammo.

I’ve been circling these Aea semis, and keep coming back to them…..
I think I should heed warnings and advice get a Huben. Just gonna have to wait for it🥴🥴🥴
They're a neat design with poor chinese execution. If you're handy with tools and can tune your own gun and problem solve, id say consider them. Ive seen several updates on my buddies guns between the safety and the valve pin itself. My valve broke within the first 500 shots and I got so mad I bought a lathe and started making valve pins.

If the gun were say 399 or less msrp as they currently deliver them, I wouldn't feel so adverse. Theyre not a 600 dollar gun. I bought one for a pellet slinger after turned my impact into a 70+ ft lb 22 and wish I spent the money on another fx. The aea hp ss is still pretty spicey, at just about 30 ft lbs in 22 wide open. It's unregulated, an air pig and not stealthy because of its semi auto setup. If they did it like an old auto cocker paintball gun it would solve half the finicky issues. Ive since converted mine to a 360cc carbon bottle and its helped the enjoyability of the gun A LOT

Last edited:
I’ve been circling these Aea semis, and keep coming back to them…..
I think I should heed warnings and advice get a Huben. Just gonna have to wait for it🥴🥴🥴
Save yourself a lot of trouble. Buy the Huben, light years ahead of any AEA semi. I had an SF semi. Constand jams in semi mode. Sent back twice to fix the problem, came back twice still jamming. The really bad thing is both dealers claim there is nothing wrong with the gun. They refuse to acknowledge the problem. Only works reliably in bolt action mode. The Huben is worth the wait, you won't be sorry.

Reactions: Vortecsix and 6gun
Save yourself a lot of trouble. Buy the Huben, light years ahead of any AEA semi. I had an SF semi. Constand jams in semi mode. Sent back twice to fix the problem, came back twice still jamming. The really bad thing is both dealers claim there is nothing wrong with the gun. They refuse to acknowledge the problem. Only works reliably in bolt action mode. The Huben is worth the wait, you won't be sorry.
While I completely agree on save your money, there is a way to help stop that issue. Set the piston to 0 clearance at full bolt closure and tune the gun down to the first big notch for the transfer(control the bolt bounce and air back blast) . (850 fps with 18 jsbs in 22). Of the 5 aeas in our friend group ive worked up , ive gotten all to stop. Mag tuning with more spring tension helps too. I was going to make a mechanical solution to this, but after making valves that don't brea and stopping those, the aea purchase teir crowd is tough to motivate me(cheap and argumentative with incorrect dogma) to go thru all the effort anymore.

To summarize. It's a Chinese gun trying to perform outside its manufacture quality. Is it possible, yes. Ive got mine to not jam and shoot moa reliably. Do what you will, id never do it again myself.... I prefer a gen 1 marauder over them 😅

Reactions: Vortecsix
Hype there air monster plus the big bore are real air monsters also the big bore .58,.72 the money you spend for ammo might as well stick to powder burners. Also there warranty sucks all different depends on the dealer. Part's are hard to get if they even have them.. qc sucks and there Chinese made from 🇨🇳 China. I don't support commies.plenty of good guns produce in the usa🇺🇸 man I can go on and on. But I wont.

Hype there air monster plus the big bore are real air monsters also the big bore .58,.72 the money you spend for ammo might as well stick to powder burners. Also there warranty sucks all different depends on the dealer. Part's are hard to get if they even have them.. qc sucks and there Chinese made from 🇨🇳 China. I don't support commies.plenty of good guns produce in the usa🇺🇸 man I can go on and on. But I wont.
I know I'm in the thread a bit too much but you're right! I couldn't find a valve pin under warranty or anywhere, so i I bought a lathe out of spite. It took me about a year to get my gun to a point I don't hate it to death.
20221019_165737.jpg

I know I'm in the thread a bit too much but you're right! I couldn't find a valve pin under warranty or anywhere, so i I bought a lathe out of spite. It took me about a year to get my gun to a point I don't hate it to death. View attachment 385962
I’ve used your improved valve pins when I had my guns updated ( tuned ) by my buddy Sicumj
No issues

They are legit for me Rob i really like mine ( as you know )

I wish the AEA crowd appreciated you more as you do have the AEAs number.

And + 1 for first generation marauder . Holding air and petting Aces since 2010 …..

Last edited:
Reactions: 6gun and 17dean
I know I'm in the thread a bit too much but you're right! I couldn't find a valve pin under warranty or anywhere, so i I bought a lathe out of spite. It took me about a year to get my gun to a point I don't hate it to death. View attachment 385962
I saw that earlier in the thread and thought to myself, ok so there’s another parts source I could hit up….😂🤣

Reactions: 6gun and Perle