What's your thoughts on AEA airguns? Are they hype or legit?

Every AEA model I've seen or owned has some sort of design flaw, whether it's the magazines or trigger or bolt or defective regulator or some other thing. They have so much potential and the remainder of the build quality is, more often than not, top notch. But as tempted as I am to buy another one I know it will have problems down the road. All I can say is if you do buy an AEA make sure you're comfortable that the dealer who is selling it to you will come through when (notice I didn't say "if") you run into problems. Will I buy another AEA rifle? Maybe.

Had my .45 challenger bullpup for a few months and I found it was picky with ammo, more so than my Hatsan.
Once I got the right ammo in it, it's alike a laser out to 50 yards. I dont have room to shoot farther than that at home but golfballs are no problem.
As others stated, IT's very heavy and so it the trigger but that doesnt bother me at all.
I'm excited to take it out for deer this season.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I own 32 pcps and I have been pretty much a snob when it comes to my airguns. I have several high end guns 2 impact m3s, sk19, Prophet, raw hm1000lrt, and several more a few mid grade big bores and mid grade Fx guns Dreamlines. I own 5 aea guns and honestly I love them the hpss .25 and hpss plus.30 a challenger .30 and terminator .35 and and challenger .50 and I love them all everyone of them is a tack driver just as accurate as my Impacts and the hpss for being in regulated will shoot the first two mags 20 shots through the same hole before dropping off. Honestly the quality is really good for inexpensive guns they are way better than any of the hatsan or kral guns I have except maybe the old challenger pups and rifles those were about the same quality just much more powerful. Anyway I have a lot of fun with mine I have a lot of guns I never shoot but these I shoot all the time.

I bought a first gen terminator that had 2 glitches. 1) the detent that held the safety inn place was too shallow so the safety would move each time the gun was shot. I drilled the detent a bit larger, problem solved. 2) There’s a brass piece in the valve that broke. The weird thing is the gun still functioned perfectly. I told the dealer(Bin) about it and he immediately sent me a STEEL replacement.

Glitches are expected with most first gen airguns. Besides those 2 glitches, the gun has been rock solid. High end quality?? Absolutely not. But then again I didn’t pay a high end price tag for it. What is high end about AEA is their customer service, when dealing with Bin(main distributor of AEA).

@DonC is right about the career 707. I own one in .22 and 9mm both tuned by Will Piatt. I love the western look with the lever action. Fun gun! If you can find one buy it
There's 1 for sale on GTA.

HI THE BUILD QUALITY IS NOT AS GOOD AS SNOWPEAK !!! I HAVE HAD 2, AEA AND 2 SNOWPEAK YOU NEED TO DO SOME WORK ON THEM BUT FOR MY MONEY SNOWPEAK SHOOT WAY BETTER AND A LOT OF AFTER MARKET PARTS FOR SNOWPEAK OFF SHORE!! JUST FYI PAPERP PS THE STOCK ON MY M-25 30 CAL IS BETTER THAN MY FX DREAMLINE!!!
Can you do a vid of side by side shooting. I have the aea hp max in .357 already. Just ordered an m25 in 9mm from kraleshop us yesterday for the black friday sale. Cant beat $330 shipped for a regulated 9 even if its not all that great. Im dedf gonna be doing some comparisons

Can you do a vid of side by side shooting. I have the aea hp max in .357 already. Just ordered an m25 in 9mm from kraleshop us yesterday for the black friday sale. Cant beat $330 shipped for a regulated 9 even if its not all that great. Im dedf gonna be doing some comparisons
AEA big bore pcps are built with Hunting in mind not competition target accuracy.

What's your thoughts on on AEA airguns? Are they hype or legit?
Which models? Think your mileage may vary. AEA HPSS is legit, accuracy wise and for the price. Just beware the QC kinda falls short. To get it to where I’d like, you may need to polish this, add a plug, change a spring. I have one that I’m going to sell but only because I don’t even want to do the simple mods.

That was supa fast. Got the m25 in 3 days and during Thanksgiving week. Will bee doing lots a comparisons and whats goods not goods type stuff on the 2 over the next week or so. Will post all results, vids, chrony numbers, final thoughts ect. Gonna test em both with different loads, ranges, fpe, shotstring an count, ect.

IMG_20221122_205107633.jpg

IMG_20221125_155932194.jpg