What's your thoughts on AEA airguns? Are they hype or legit?

I’m in the 5th category. I buy semi autos like the huben, sk19, and AEA terminator first because I’m intrigued by the technology that went into developing them. In an industry filled with conventional valves and side lever repeaters I admire the engineering and ingenuity it took to make these semi auto platforms. Shooting and hunting were secondary motives for buying those guns. You want a top of the line semi auto? Buy a huben, L2, or steyr and be done with it! The only other big bore semi auto that is currently offered is a .30 sk19 that will blow the socks off the AEA in terms of quality/ fit and finish. At over double the price it very well should. You get what you pay for. 

I've got an AEA HP .25 SS. I've shot about 400 rounds thru it. At first when I got it, it was blistering accurate and you could hear the pellet sail through the woods 1/4 mile away from my upstairs balcony. It jammed a few times, but no big deal. I played with the air pressure adjusting screw and set it right in the middle. Anyway, my biggest gripe is the magazines failed me. I bought mine from AEA Northeast and I haven't heard back from them on new mags yet. Gun seems solid, but i did notice it might be denting the metal when the bolt slams forward. I think if they get the magazine issue solved it'll be a decent little shooter.

Reactions: Gr8Recreation
They are LEGIT. I have the 9mm big bore with a power kit, 4500 fill but it is a tripod or bipod rifle. lots of power 
IMG_20220223_155302289.1646480468.jpg

For the price, You would be hard pressed to find a more powerful 9mm, and the they are well built. but i would add a barrel band. thank you Terry at FOX AIR

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
After discovering the AEA B&W S45 and 16" Zeus, my interest piqued after watching all the various videos and what I've read about them. However, one bit of information I've not been able to find, is more specific information about the huge 4.5k PSI air (cylinder) tank. As most here know, air tanks / bottles of a certain size, capacity or material makeup are regulated by the DOT for safety reasons. I'm curious about these AEA tanks and would like to learn more about them. I've never personally handled any of AEA's products, including their air cylinders. I've seen some writing on the end of the tank, but in every image of video I've seen, I'm unable to make out what is written on them. Does anyone here that has one, know if the AEA air tank cylinders have any of the ubiquitous information about the air tank as you see on all the air tanks we are accustomed to. Such as a born on date or hydrotesting info, etc.? And maybe I am wrong in my understanding about HPA tanks and cylinders, but aren't all tanks used in the U.S. required to have this information predominantly stamped or printed on them, as well as have a requirement to be subjected to the periodic hydrotesting?

If anyone wouldn't mind sharing what you know about AEA air cylinders I would greatly appreciate it. For this would greatly help me in my potential purchase decisions.

I have a Challenger 357 SL (probably one of the first 5 or 10 sold in USA) and a HP SS 30+

Haven't had a problem with either one that wasn't user error and easily resolved. AEA customer support through Pete at AEA Northeast is great. Bin has helped me out as well. The quality of support & service is a big reason I'm comfortable buying these Chinese guns, if anything goes wrong with them down the road.

The Challenger is a beast and my most powerful airgun at around 200-225 FPE depending what kind of ammo you put through it.

The HP SS 30+ is WAY more accurate than you would think with that short barrel and amazingly gets 4 full magazines (36 shots) with pretty consistent power before you need to give it some air. Rapid fire 50+ FPE, relatively compact with a folding stock, what's not to love?

AEA has a lot of options on their menu so do a little research first. For example the Challenger is a hunting gun with a heavy trigger. If you're trying to shoot perfect groups, consider the Challenger Pro (regulated) instead. In my mind, most AEA airguns are designed for hunting and/or self defense. It wouldn't be the first brand I consider for primarily bench shooting.

I have the HP Carbine in .22 and it's just way too much fun! I swapped out the Aluminum tank for a CF tank and filled all but one hole in the piston air block with spent .22lr shells to slow down the bolt so no jams with CPHP's any longer.

It's a 2 MOA gun and it's the best dam 35 yard pester I have found. Looking forward to getting a .25 for medium sized pests.

Reactions: SHOMER and MrP
My experience with the .357 HP max was not good. For me the check(?) valve (fill port) and the main valve seat had issues on both original and replacement guns.

I actually gave up and returned the Max, now have a .25 hp carbine coming as replacement. hoping the more modest power and lower fill pressure translate to more reliability. So, aea is 0/2 so far for me, hoping for 1/3. I am hoping it is just an issue with the max itself due to big bore/ high pressure/ smaller gun. Hoping maybe isn’t the right word - praying is more like it.

I was just searching forums for AEA build quality/longevity. There doesn't seem to be much info on the topic. Maybe no news is good news. I've read some negative reviews on "affordable" models and better reviews on models like the terminator. I know they can hit hard & function out of the box but I'd like to know more about the life expectancy, common issues, and experiences dealing with the dealers/manufacturer. I pre-ordered the S45 from Bin-Tac and will have to see how it goes.
I heard heavy
Rifle

I've got an AEA HP SS in .25. When I got it I thought it was the 'bees knees'. shot well, and VERY accurate for a short barrel. And to hear the pellets 'zing' over an open field was really impressive. But after a while it got a trigger issue. Seemed like it wouldn't bring the trigger back all the way like it should. Not sure what it was so I sent it back to the 'Northeast' where I bought it. He thought he fixed it. Nope. Still having issues. I sent it back and told him to keep it until it's fixed. 40+ days now and I haven't heard from him. Anyway, I'm hoping for a solid final fix as I sure do love the little bastard and hope to keep it. So that's my 2c.