• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's your thoughts on AEA airguns? Are they hype or legit?

Sorry, "they" being AEA.

Interesting that you brought it up though, so many posts here about FX are about tinkering. Barrels galore in the classifieds, all sorts of parts and accessories, seems to be a tinkerers paradise!

I just saw a Dreamtact in the classifieds that has me drooling but with Thanksgiving stuff and Christmas coming up, momma would be a mujer muy enojada.

View attachment 308830
Makes me wonder about FX. If they are so great, why are people always messing with them and replacing barrels, bottles and other parts? For that much money, they should be perfect out of the box.

Makes me wonder about FX. If they are so great, why are people always messing with them and replacing barrels, bottles and other parts? For that much money, they should be perfect out of the box.
They are generally speaking, the marketing wank and up-selling via youtube personalities who have a financial interest on mods (esp involving slugs) is what gets us/me. The most precise and consistent I ever had my m3 was out of the box, then I had to go chase slugs and 70+ ft lbs in 22. Fx out of the box shot 18 jsbs perfect without a hiccup, thru the same hole at 60 yards. Aea out of the box burped 18s backwards, broke a probe and extruded an o ring on the front of the air tube before the first 500 tin was shot up. My benjamin 392 didn't have a problem for 25 years, whereas my 25mrod was cracking valve pins and losing guage block orings within a couple years...... And every 24 months after that.

I have no particular brand loyalty, i will call out the mechanical defects on all and especially the hard upsell on parts and upgrades on fx, as well as rolling upgrades I had to pay for.... that people didn't 5 months later for less money. (that's a different thread)

My continued contempt for the aea hp series, specifically the hpss I own, is the manufacture corner cutting and assembly qc for a fairly robust price point, EAPECIALLY the lack of repair parts, all things considered. Which I didn't suffer on my old crosman group products or my insanely priced fx impact.

The aea hp series is not a bad gun if you have the ability to fix, make, or find parts. It's just super annoying theyre over $300 for the quality I got.

Reactions: Vortecsix and MWS
Save yourself a lot of trouble. Buy the Huben, light years ahead of any AEA semi. I had an SF semi. Constand jams in semi mode. Sent back twice to fix the problem, came back twice still jamming. The really bad thing is both dealers claim there is nothing wrong with the gun. They refuse to acknowledge the problem. Only works reliably in bolt action mode. The Huben is worth the wait, you won't be sorry.
The Huban is close to $2900. Glad you can drop that much into one. I would rather take my AEA HP SS .30 and drop $500-$1,000 in custom made parts and still be at half the price. Also, I got the AEA for the size/power ratio. The Huban is not as compact as the AEA. I toss my AEA on the passenger seat of my truck and it's easy to grab it and take a shot out the window (rabbits and spruce hens) if needed. Semi auto is nice but it's easy to convert to bolt action (can't do that with the huban) for more power and accuracy.

It all comes down to personal preference. Either you like it or you don't.
20221119_213705.jpg

They are generally speaking, the marketing wank and up-selling via youtube personalities who have a financial interest on mods (esp involving slugs) is what gets us/me. The most precise and consistent I ever had my m3 was out of the box, then I had to go chase slugs and 70+ ft lbs in 22. Fx out of the box shot 18 jsbs perfect without a hiccup, thru the same hole at 60 yards. Aea out of the box burped 18s backwards, broke a probe and extruded an o ring on the front of the air tube before the first 500 tin was shot up. My benjamin 392 didn't have a problem for 25 years, whereas my 25mrod was cracking valve pins and losing guage block orings within a couple years...... And every 24 months after that.

I have no particular brand loyalty, i will call out the mechanical defects on all and especially the hard upsell on parts and upgrades on fx, as well as rolling upgrades I had to pay for.... that people didn't 5 months later for less money. (that's a different thread)

My continued contempt for the aea hp series, specifically the hpss I own, is the manufacture corner cutting and assembly qc for a fairly robust price point, EAPECIALLY the lack of repair parts, all things considered. Which I didn't suffer on my old crosman group products or my insanely priced fx impact.

The aea hp series is not a bad gun if you have the ability to fix, make, or find parts. It's just super annoying theyre over $300 for the quality I got.
I've heard a few horror stories about problems. QC definitely needs improvement. The only problem I've had so far with my AEA HP SS .30 is the valve pin. Bought 2 extras just to have them on hand. I agree 100% on the parts issue. They market it as an upgradeable mix and match system but you can't do crap with no parts. I just called the Pellet Shop a couple days ago about finding a longer barrel kit and the lady told me there is nothing like that available. They import all the parts from China and assemble them into guns here as needed. They don't want to make the parts available because they want you to buy a whole new gun to get what you want.

Reactions: 6gun
I've heard a few horror stories about problems. QC definitely needs improvement. The only problem I've had so far with my AEA HP SS .30 is the valve pin. Bought 2 extras just to have them on hand. I agree 100% on the parts issue. They market it as an upgradeable mix and match system but you can't do crap with no parts. I just called the Pellet Shop a couple days ago about finding a longer barrel kit and the lady told me there is nothing like that available. They import all the parts from China and assemble them into guns here as needed. They don't want to make the parts available because they want you to buy a whole new gun to get what you want.
If you find one, tag me plz. Id like to change mine to a 25, i only need the barrel and mags, i can make a probe.

Reactions: MWS
The Huban is close to $2900. Glad you can drop that much into one. I would rather take my AEA HP SS .30 and drop $500-$1,000 in custom made parts and still be at half the price. Also, I got the AEA for the size/power ratio. The Huban is not as compact as the AEA. I toss my AEA on the passenger seat of my truck and it's easy to grab it and take a shot out the window (rabbits and spruce hens) if needed. Semi auto is nice but it's easy to convert to bolt action (can't do that with the huban) for more power and accuracy.

It all comes down to personal preference. Either you like it or you don't.View attachment 389671
My choice is Edgun Leshiy2. Went through the story with AEA. No thx. You can buy L2 from AGN for under $2000 and build with time to any caliber and power. Twice much than AEA, but the difference is day and night. Happy with the choice

So looking at these Terminator rifles, do they fall into the Aea Ss/SF class, or are they more reliable as the “big bore rifles are”.

I’ve seen numerous people, across different forums say, the bigger AEA rules are better than the others.

Do the Terminators suffer the issues of failing valve pins, jamming, and blowing magazines?
I do not own one, but as far as inquiries into "spare" valve pins are concerned the higher power stuff didn't seem to be breaking, the owners wanted spares because of the hp reputation.

Reactions: Vortecsix
Someone please correct me if I am wrong as it may have changed. One aspect of AEA that says everything I need to know about them. They have progressed to regulating different models and I saw recently they have even progressed to externally adjustable regulators. However, for some reason unknown to any logical person except ones designing these things the concept of adjustable hammer pre load has flown over their heads.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong as it may have changed. One aspect of AEA that says everything I need to know about them. They have progressed to regulating different models and I saw recently they have even progressed to externally adjustable regulators. However, for some reason unknown to any logical person except ones designing these things the concept of adjustable hammer pre load has flown over their heads.
Everybody wants max power, basically put too much hammer spring in it and tune operating pressure to the spring 😂. Not the best way but it works. It's an aea. Theyre chinese toys imho.