• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's your thoughts on AEA airguns? Are they hype or legit?

Where is it made? I’m not found of Chinese anything right now - Russian either
China just like 90% of anything you by these days, there's little to no choice aside from not purchasing anything. Car parts China, Electronics (your cell phone) China, Some pace makers China, TVs China, Heck our all knowing and soo smart people in all branches of Government even let China and Wacky Bill Gates buy our Farm Land. Our Future isn't looking too bright.

I bought the aea hp ss semi auto and have had quite a few issues with it like 4 mags breaking within 1000 rounds and lead getting in the trigger group and making it stick which wasn't the easiest thing to fix and also when I was lined up on a raccoon I shot and the only thing that happened was it sounded like my gun was farting and I figured out later that my valve pin that is made out of metal was snapped in half which also wasn't an easy fix and on top of that they told me that it was just a maintenance thing on the flip side the only thing on my fx that I had to fix was an oring under the gauge which was very easy and fx sent me the part and told me exactly how to fix it and if I couldn't figure it out than I could send it in and they would do it but I guess that's what you get when you spend a few more dollars. Just my 2cents hope it helps

I bought the aea hp ss semi auto and have had quite a few issues with it like 4 mags breaking within 1000 rounds and lead getting in the trigger group and making it stick which wasn't the easiest thing to fix and also when I was lined up on a raccoon I shot and the only thing that happened was it sounded like my gun was farting and I figured out later that my valve pin that is made out of metal was snapped in half which also wasn't an easy fix and on top of that they told me that it was just a maintenance thing on the flip side the only thing on my fx that I had to fix was an oring under the gauge which was very easy and fx sent me the part and told me exactly how to fix it and if I couldn't figure it out than I could send it in and they would do it but I guess that's what you get when you spend a few more dollars. Just my 2cents hope it helps
Yes I have heard nothing good about their mags. Have also heard more than one valve stem issue as well.

Whew, glad this thread exists, was just about to start another.
With that said, can anyone explain the whole Bin-tac deal? Are those just sup'd up versions of stock models? I swear I've heard him refer to the factory which produces these airguns as "his factory".

There's a guy on the 'bay that sells them (both regular AEAs, and some Bin-tac versions), and in the fine print, I believe it states something to the effect of certain models that are offered basically void the original warranties. I bring this up, because of my confusion with exactly how Bin of Bin-tac, plays into all of this. (Totally unrelated, Bin totally reminds me of an uncle that I have (from China) who tells the most hilariously dirty jokes you ever heard. Because of this I already have an affinity towards the guy)

Other AEA/PCP questions that keep me up at night:

-With regards to the semi-autos, are you able to fire them literally as fast as you can pull the trigger, or do you have to throttle yourself a little for reliability sake? If the latter, has anyone considered dropping a binary trigger into one? My decades of AR (10) ownership has set me on a "semi-auto PCP or bust" mindset. But seeing as they appear to be rare-birds in the PCP world, naturally, AEA is thrust into the running, among others, (No joke the Steyr PRO X, actually costs more that the Steyr AUG I bought in the late 80's)

-I've heard they are pretty loud. Do you owners agree, and if so, is there a certain amount of "Moderation" that will tame its bark or would I barking (had to) up the wrong tree trying to do so? (One of the biggest things that appeals to me about the PCP world is the ability (or potential ability) to shoot them in your back yard, and not have to deal with the messiness that their bigger, powder-burning brothers can bring,--things like angry neighbors, handcuffing, and lawyer-finding.)

This whole PCP thing is very new to me, as in like a couple months ago I didn't even know of their existence, so please forgive my naivete. I picked the Snowpeak PP-750, .22 cal, recently, as my official dip into the water, and the only thing I know for sure is that I absolutely hate the hand pump. (Jaesus, I hate that thing.).

Finally, for those who own/owned AEA airguns, as well as other makes, if you could approximate, in your opinion, a better "version" of the AEA's, which air gun would it be? The Bullmaster, or Invader? The Maurader, or Armada? The other one that shoots full-auto, the LSK or whatever its called?

Inquiring minds want to know and so does mine.

A few more dollars you mean $1000+ that's a bit more then a few dollars. Just saying. You can't beat AEA when it comes to Big bore Budget pcp. FX is a nice target pcp (but you won't be hunting any Deer with it), if you have the budget for it which some of us don't. Also I've read some not so positive reviews on FX and other high priced pcps. The thing is no matter what brand one buys there will always be a chance of defects or poor quality control it's just how things are. After sales support is just as or more important then
With that said, can anyone explain the whole Bin-tac deal? Are those just sup'd up versions of stock models? I swear I've heard him refer to the factory which produces these airguns as "his factory".

There's a guy on the 'bay that sells them (both regular AEAs, and some Bin-tac versions), and in the fine print, I believe it states something to the effect of certain models that are offered basically void the original warranties. I bring this up, because of my confusion with exactly how Bin of Bin-tac, plays into all of this. (Totally unrelated, Bin totally reminds me of an uncle that I have (from China) who tells the most hilariously dirty jokes you ever heard. Because of this I already have an affinity towards the guy)

-With regards to the semi-autos, are you able to fire them literally as fast as you can pull the trigger, or do you have to throttle yourself a little for reliability sake? If the latter, has anyone considered dropping a binary trigger into one? My decades of AR (10) ownership has set me on a "semi-auto PCP or bust" mindset. But seeing as they appear to be rare-birds in the PCP world, naturally, AEA is thrust into the running, among others, (No joke the Steyr PRO X, actually costs more that the Steyr AUG I bought in the late 80's)

-I've heard they are pretty loud. Do you owners agree, and if so, is there a certain amount of "Moderation" that will tame its bark or would I barking (had to) up the wrong tree trying to do so? (One of the biggest things that appeals to me about the PCP world is the ability (or potential ability) to shoot them in your back yard, and not have to deal with the messiness that their bigger, powder-burning brothers can bring,--things like angry neighbors, handcuffing, and lawyer-finding.)

This whole PCP thing is very new to me, as in like a couple months ago I didn't even know of their existence, so please forgive my naivete. I picked the Snowpeak PP-750, .22 cal, recently, as my official dip into the water, and the only thing I know for sure is that I absolutely hate the hand pump. (Jaesus, I hate that thing.).

Finally, for those who own/owned AEA airguns, as well as other makes, if you could approximate, in your opinion, a better "version" of the AEA's, which air gun would it be? The Bullmaster, or Invader? The Maurader, or Armada? The other one that shoots full-auto, the LSK or whatever its called?

Bin-tac has very good customer service placing his customers before other AEA owners for obvious reasons. The AEA line of pcp are centered around Hunting Not competition target accuracy. For a Budget Big bore power house in my opinion can't be beat. Do they have issues? Some say yea others have had no big issues. Anything man made will have flaws regardless of the amount of $$$$$ you spend. The limitation on AEA pcps is the after market upgrades is very limited at best. As for repair parts I've heard good and bad. I think if a person has no knowledge at all on pcp air guns and don't like working on their own guns AEA may not be for you. Loudness depends on caliber, the bigger the round the louder the pop. A moderator helps but you will not get movie type quite but may eliminate the need for ear protection. I'm happy with my .457 HP Max and the .457 Challenger Bullpup<--- on the heavy side though. If you want quite and pin point accuracy you may want to save up until you can buy a FX or similar. But if you plink or Hunt and need Power AEA is a good budget choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER

Everyone's opinions on them questions will differ. Best bet is to just test an play with different stuff to find what you like. An example would be lots of people complain about their bullbosses from hatsan. I have a refurbed boss bought from field supply in .25 thats been a dream for about 4 years now. Literally only had one issue with the fill port an probe that was solved with some 800 grit sand paper and its been a good 100 yrd shooter with all sorts of different pellets an slugs since.
Asfor loud my hp max is deffo loud even with the ronin its still loud. Honestly i dont think the donnyfl makes a big difference on the max if any at all

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
A few more dollars you mean $1000+ that's a bit more then a few dollars. Just saying. You can't beat AEA when it comes to Big bore Budget pcp. FX is a nice target pcp (but you won't be hunting any Deer with it), if you have the budget for it which some of us don't. Also I've read some not so positive reviews on FX and other high priced pcps. The thing is no matter what brand one buys there will always be a chance of defects or poor quality control it's just how things are. After sales support is just as or more important then

Bin-tac has very good customer service placing his customers before other AEA owners for obvious reasons. The AEA line of pcp are centered around Hunting Not competition target accuracy. For a Budget Big bore power house in my option can't be beat. Do they have issues? Some say yea others have had no big issues. Anything man made will have flaws regardless of the amount of $$$$$ you spend. The limitation on AEA pcps is the after market upgrades is very limited at best. As for repair parts I've heard good and bad. I think if a person has no knowledge at all on pcp air guns and don't like working on their own guns AEA may not be for you. Loudness depends on caliber, the bigger the round the louder the pop. A moderator helps but you will not get movie type quite but may eliminate the need for ear protection. I'm happy with my .457 HP Max and the .457 Challenger Bullpup<--- on the heavy side though. If you want quite and pin point accuracy you may want to save up until you can buy a FX or similar. But if you plink or Hunt and need Power AEA is a good budget choice.
It's not a thousand dollar difference you can get an aea hp for 800 dollars and I can also get a fx dreamline for right around 1100 I'm not that good at math but even I can figure out that it's only a 300 dollar difference and as for not going out in the woods with an fx I use my fx Maverick sniper for squirrel hunting not mention fx support is amazing if I have any issues with my gun I had a bad oring behind my gauge and they sent me the oring and the 50 dollar gauge

It's not a thousand dollar difference you can get an aea hp for 800 dollars and I can also get a fx dreamline for right around 1100 I'm not that good at math but even I can figure out that it's only a 300 dollar difference and as for not going out in the woods with an fx I use my fx Maverick sniper for squirrel hunting not mention fx support is amazing if I have any issues with my gun I had a bad oring behind my gauge and they sent me the oring and the 50 dollar gauge
I didn't mean $1000 more. But $300 is more then a few dollars for me a few dollars means maybe up to $10. Doesn't matter cause one should get the best they can afford for me I'm a low budget consumer but if I want better I just have to save longer. If I could I would love to buy a FX it's just more then I'm willing to pay for one pcp on my sad budget.

I didn't mean $1000 more. But $300 is more then a few dollars for me a few dollars means maybe up to $10. Doesn't matter cause one should get the best they can afford for me I'm a low budget consumer but if I want better I just have to save longer. If I could I would love to buy a FX it's just more then I'm willing to pay for one pcp on my sad budget.
I'm on a low budget as well but their are cheap options that are much better than aea and also if you save up to an fx it's worth it you won't regret it

I'm on a low budget as well but their are cheap options that are much better than aea and also if you save up to an fx it's worth it you won't regret it

I don't agree, they take tinkering but the AEA guns are fantastic! I had to return a Varmint due to a rusted barrel, the vendor replaced it and it shoots great now.

I for one plan on getting an FX at some point but my budget keeps me in AEA's for the time being.

Reactions: Hard2hurt223
I don't agree, they take tinkering but the AEA guns are fantastic! I had to return a Varmint due to a rusted barrel, the vendor replaced it and it shoots great now.

I for one plan on getting an FX at some point but my budget keeps me in AEA's for the time being.
I don't know where you heard that fx guns require a lot of tinkering but I have a Maverick sniper which shot sub moa at 100 and my dad has a crown and wildcat bt his crown out of the box off of a folded up gun case not a bipod he put 6 shots in a ragged hole at 100 his wildcat took some messing with but we figured out it was being played with at the place we bought it from which was a big headache but after we got it sorted out it also shoots sub moa

I don't know where you heard that fx guns require a lot of tinkering but I have a Maverick sniper which shot sub moa at 100 and my dad has a crown and wildcat bt his crown out of the box off of a folded up gun case not a bipod he put 6 shots in a ragged hole at 100 his wildcat took some messing with but we figured out it was being played with at the place we bought it from which was a big headache but after we got it sorted out it also shoots sub moa

Sorry, "they" being AEA.

Interesting that you brought it up though, so many posts here about FX are about tinkering. Barrels galore in the classifieds, all sorts of parts and accessories, seems to be a tinkerers paradise!

I just saw a Dreamtact in the classifieds that has me drooling but with Thanksgiving stuff and Christmas coming up, momma would be a mujer muy enojada.

1669510102853.png

Sorry, "they" being AEA.

Interesting that you brought it up though, so many posts here about FX are about tinkering. Barrels galore in the classifieds, all sorts of parts and accessories, seems to be a tinkerers paradise!

I just saw a Dreamtact in the classifieds that has me drooling but with Thanksgiving stuff and Christmas coming up, momma would be a mujer muy enojada.

View attachment 308830
Oh trust me I tinker with my fx guns and add different pieces and parts that's one of the more fun things about them their kinda like a Lego gun

I am not aware of any other Big bore like .457 .50 budget pcps. If you are referring to the Hammer that is a old 2 shot relic that many say gives a huge a massive blow back into your face when fired. And a bit ugly too. What are some others?

Reactions: Firewalker
I am not aware of any other Big bore like .457 .50 budget pcps. If you are referring to the Hammer that is a old 2 shot relic that many say gives a huge a massive blow back into your face when fired. And a bit ugly too. What are some others?
I don't get into big bores much but I do own a Benjamin bulldog 357 which is pretty nice but isn't an fx they also sell it in 457 also the air force Texans are very nice I just wish they came with a regulater and obviously the fx Impact 35 but in my personal opinion and for what I like to do I would pick the air force Texan in 257 or 457 before I would go with an impact just my opinion though

Reactions: BurntDog
All of this is exactly why i wont buy an fx. 2300 bucks for a dedicated.357 m3 impact, but then you gotta spend a butt ton more money to get saber rails and this dohicky an that thingamajig then another 100 bucks for a power kit then evan more money for whatever the **** else should have already been included for that original 2300. Or say you buy a dreamline/tact wildcat or any other models. Now you gotta spend extra to get a slug barrel or barrel sized in .357 and new shroud, new rails, power kit, and the whole debacle starts all over and by the time your done your 3-4 grand in the hole on one gun that shoulda already been that out the box for the price especially with all the praise people heap onto fx. Its like you like spending big money.

I can get an aea .357 chally for under 700 or a max for 600 all while having more power than anything fx ever dreamed of. Get a custom loth barrel and custom regulator from huma, donny fl mod, bottle clamp rails, ect and still keep the cost $400 under the original price of an m3 impact.

Just saying. Not trying to knock fx, they make great stuff, just way overpriced when its all said an done.

Last edited: