What's your motivation for PCP's?

, and throwing a rock is likely more effective than 99.9% of springers or the average box store air gun .. trust me i spent alot on different airguns until i finally bit the bullet and got a decent pcp setup ... if the pest situation is critical, nothing else will be effective ... i learned the hard way ...

You didn't just say that? Perhaps qualify this kind of a statement with "IN MY EXPERIENCE" because I for one will go to the field with anyone carrying a PCP and hunting squirrels with my spring rifles and I'll bring home as many squirrels as they do ...

You couldn't make them work, ok. It wasn't the guns.

That said.

I use a PCP because they are easy. They are powerful and they are accurate. They also require a larger support setup and are constrained in ways that mechanical rifles are not. PCPs are fun rifles and if you like them you certainly should spend as much time as you wish enjoying them. They are not inherently better or worse than another choice for most purposes, where they excel they excel, where something else is better suited, something else is better suited.

Your mileage may vary.

Years ago my friend told me about this edgun YouTube channel. Sparked my interest. But in 2014 when I wanted to go out and teach my kids how to shoot, I couldn’t find any ammo. Circled back to Airguns and then I purchased a decent budget PCP airgun, with a pump. It helped me shoot way better than I could ever have imagined. I was able to shoot in my backyard, it was fairly quiet, and it was powerful enough to take out some rather large varmints. (And it did) I was hooked!!

It's kind of humorous. Trying to get Crosman to accept my credit card to purchase the Akela, something on their end is out of whack and won't accept either of my cards. I'll have to call them Monday.

Thanks to all who have replied so helpfully, I'm going to stick my toe in the water and have some fun with the gun if Crosman want's to sell it to me. I'll update at some point Monday to end the suspense.

Got tired of mulit-pump guns and I really kind of hate springers. The PCP was a real breakthrough in getting back to enjoying a pellet gun. 4 Marauders, 1 Crown Continuum, an Air Ordnance full auto and a Steyr LP50 later makes me I think I'll be in this arena for quite a while. With the current lack of ammo or components and people paying beyond stupid money for primers, my powder firing guns are mostly parked and I shoot the airguns every day for pennies. 

My desire was from not wanting to pump pump pump just to shoot. Springer's did not do it for me (the gun just wasn't up to my desire). Watched to many Hold Over videos and decided that was where my heart truly lay. I have a Springer that hardly gets shot, and a pumper that hardly gets shot. I do a lot of indoor shooting with my Beeman P17- but my 4 PCPs (2 rifles, 2 pistols) see 90% of the action. Just love the way they work and the ease of shooting. 

The Gamo Urban was for fun and squirrel hunting. My motivation for the big bore was to extend the amount of time I could hog hunt on public land to the maximum. In Georgia, you can hunt hogs on the WMAs as long as another season is in, but you have to hunt them with the weapons that are legal for that season. The longest running season in Georgia is small game (Aug. 15 to Feb. 28) You can hunt small game with archery equipment, rimfires up to .22, and air guns. I used a crossbow for a while, but had to get real close, which isn't all that easy doing spot and stalk. Couldn't see using a .22, so I went with a .457 Texan Carbine, as they do not specify a caliber restriction on small game. So now I can hunt hogs for half the year.

Just getting into PCP's, too. For me, it's the challenge of learning new skills - scope usage, fundamentals of marksmanship, etc. It's also easier for me to find a place for long-distance air rifle than it is to find a long-range shooting area for a powder burner. And right now, provided that you can get pellets, it's far cheaper to shoot an air rifle than a firearm.

Just getting into PCP's, too. For me, it's the challenge of learning new skills - scope usage, fundamentals of marksmanship, etc. It's also easier for me to find a place for long-distance air rifle than it is to find a long-range shooting area for a powder burner. And right now, provided that you can get pellets, it's far cheaper to shoot an air rifle than a firearm.

Actually I just picked up a couple boxes of .243 and a box of .22 from Walmart Sunday. Lucky me. They were easier to come by than .22 pellets from Walmart or Dunhams. There is a dearth of pellets locally. Not that ammo for powder burners is readily available either, but I've found more .22's and .243's than pellets in the last month.

Our range goes to 200 yards with a 50 and 100 yard also. Only problem trying to shoot the PCP on the ranges are that they are busy most times. We have about 12 positions for all the ranges. So calling for a cold range can be annoying to all at times.