Whats your most accurate 22 pellet pusher?

RTI Prophet performance for me

Untitled-1.jpg

My jkhan .22 standard that comes with a lothar walther barrel. Pellets or slugs, it’s a tack driver.
oneshot61, your comment reminds me of my second Airgun purchase. I bought a lowly Marauder in .22, but was then thinking ‘on the cheap’ and did not get the LW barrel. While the gun does well for what I use it for, I often wonder what the difference would have been. Thanks. S7

I'm brand new to the PCP world but I'm amazed at the accuracy of my first PCP a .22 Maurauder. Stock configuration, no tuning and getting one hole groups out to 30 yards with H&N FTT pellets, about 3/4" at 50, haven't tried 100 yet.

I also have a Crosman 2240 that I modded to a Ratcatcher configuration, scoped from bench less than 1" groups at 25 yards. Pretty good for CO2. Never got the hang of springers so will remain wisely silent, can't figure out the proper "artillery hold" required.
Does your Marauder have a Crosman or LW barrel, badger5th? Thanks.
S7

My P35 in 22 is the most accurate of the 5 PCPs I own. 2 of the others, a 177 and a 25, are also P35s but are not as accurate. All my 5 will shoot less than 1/4 inch groups at 25 and sometimes 33 yards. I just shot another group with my P35-22 today that is, as close as I can measure, 0 inches center to center. It is just 3 shots at just 25 yards but this is the second "group" that is as small as a single pellet hole. I was trying to decide if H&N Baracuda Match with 5.51 heads are as accurate as the same pellet with 5.52 heads. I shot the first tiny "group" with the 5.52s and then mistakenly ordered 800 of the 5.51s. Fortunately it looks like it makes no difference. I am confident that gun is more accurate than it's owner. I've only owned my P35s in 177 and 22 about a month. Not really even broken in yet. I polished their crowns (but not barrels), adjusted the triggers to under 1 lb, and did a hair curler mod on their shroud to quiet them about 10 db. No other changes. Interestingly groups with JSB 18s do not group as well at 33 yards as the H&N Match - but they grouped equally well at 25 (except no one pellet diameter groups with the JSBs).

Reactions: bf1956
I'm fortunate to have a handful of .22 air rifles that are very excellent. Any one of them could produce my best bench groups on a given day. But, if I had to choose the one that I believe might be most likely to do that, it would be my RAW HM1000. To wander off topic a bit, this would not be the rifle I would choose if I were doing position shooting, or hunting. To lug such an implement through the woods, or to shoot it from unassisted positions is not my idea of fun. It has always impressed me as ironic that the HM is the "hunting" model. I guess folks have different styles of hunting. But, it is a fine rifle, and solid as a tank.
Ed