Whats your go to/tried and true pcp?

Sam63
"Marksman3006"There are definitely lots and lots of crickets, mutants, and royals listed. Sounds like I might be able to coordinate a meet with scubajeeper to get some hands on with the cricket. Wish I lived near AOA......those of you that do are lucky.
Mark what are your plans for the new gun and have you decided on a caliber?

Caliber will be .177. Plan on it being short and maneuverable for closer range work.....like ratting barns at night. J have the longer ranges covered with my wolverine. I will probably put a lower power light weight scope on it too.

"Marksman3006"

Caliber will be .177. Plan on it being short and maneuverable for closer range work.....like ratting barns at night. J have the longer ranges covered with my wolverine. I will probably put a lower power light weight scope on it too.

With the above requirements and if funds permitted my choice would be the 177 Pulsar or an Air wolf if it wasnt a going to be a bullpup. I would contact the seller of the custom board to see if his board works with the Pulsar and if he does what the 12 power settings produced in fpe.

If you got a barrel that shot a heavy and a lighter 177 accurately you would have a gun that covered a lot. Expensive but it would be like buying 2 or even 3 guns for the price of one. My 177 Air Wolf was shooting 7 - 26 fpe with the board installed and no other mods. The Pulsar will probably be 6 - 24 fpe being the barrel is shorter.

Sam63
"Marksman3006"

With the above requirements and if funds permitted my choice would be the 177 Pulsar or an Air wolf if it wasnt a going to be a bullpup. I would contact the seller of the custom board to see if his board works with the Pulsar and if he does what the 12 power settings produced in fpe.

If you got a barrel that shot a heavy and a lighter 177 accurately you would have a gun that covered a lot. Expensive but it would be like buying 2 or even 3 guns for the price of one. My 177 Air Wolf was shooting 7 - 26 fpe with the board installed and no other mods. The Pulsar will probably be 6 - 24 fpe being the barrel is shorter.

I have been looking at the wolf. I owned and sold a pulsar. The pulsar I had was superb and a fine example of a pulsar.....but there is an engineering flaw with all pulsars in my humble opinion. The scope mounting rail is too flexible. It does not make contact with the barrell shroud towards the muzzle/its free floated. Its fixed at the back......but can easily be flexed up and down toward the thin/free floated end. You have to be very careful with how you handle a pulsar as its poi can shift quite easily due to this. I know.....Ive been there. Just my 2 cents. If I owned another, I would use a really stout one piece mount....I didnt try this. I used sportsmatch dual rings. Had I used a solid one piece mount this probably would not have been a problem as it would have locked everything into place and made everything solid.
Right now Im holding off till after shot show in a couple of weeks. Im going to try and get my hands on a saxon.