• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s your favorite/go-to .22 pcp?

Hey Guys,

I’m currently without a .22 pcp in my arsenal.

Still kicking myself for the last one I sold; was a freaking tack driving, 50 shots on a fill, 18gn at 900 fps beater, that I should’ve kept.

Thought I had a replacement lined up recently, but that didn’t end up happening.

So, do you have, or have you had a favorite .22?

Ive already got 2 Veterans in .25; one Short, one Long. Although a Vet Standard .22 would fit the bill, Im seeing if there’s anything else out there that fills this slot, rather than having 3 similiar guns.

Terry

I've got a .22 cal FX Impact producing 40+ fpe, currently being upgraded -- awaiting the delivery of parts from FX USA.

Also, a Daystate Wolverine Hi-lite .22 cal. This one is a tack driver. However, 43 inches with LDC in a tad too long.

My Vulcan Tactic .22 cal is exceptionally accurate and powerful ---->36 fpe; although rather heavy with scope and bipod attached.

My absolute favorite------> Taipan Veteran Standard .22 cal.--------> 41 fpe and accurate with JSB 25.4 grain. Length and weight are perfect.

My short list if I didn't already have a 22 cal I'm very happy with would be:

R5M long 22

Uragan compact 22

I have for this slot a High Pressure Huma 22 Impact Mk1 that is awesome. It's such a smooth operating system. The side lever is exactly where I like it ( the only thing I wish the Taipans had and I owned 4 of those Swiss army pcps--still one of my favs) 

RJ

Thats a tough question, kind of depends on what the use will be. My first PCP was a Daystate Regal in .22, which as an overall use rifle would be hard to beat, fairly short, enough power, beautifully proportioned and deadly accurate. I was shooting it earlier today. My next one is a Wolverine Hi-Lite in a .22 also. It would be a little long for some people to use for hunting, but the accuracy might make that length be forgotten. My next one is an older FX Tarantula sport in .22. This rifle is as new and has a six section FX moderator on it. The fit, finish, and contour of the stock put it in a class by itself, and the accuracy is second to none, it is a gorgeous rifle. My last rifle was just bought a couple months ago. It is a serial no. 3XX, EdGun Matador R3 that is in as new condition. I just got it back from Brian after he put it back to original condition and add the offset moderator. Its just as accurate as the others and is my first try at a bullpup. Already the squirrels dont like it, got two at 44 and 48 yards just a couple of days after it returned. Ill be honest with you it would be very difficult to choose a favorite among these. I can already see that the R3 is going to get used the most, so I guess that would be it, today anyway.

I got you Dave:

DaveCG-12 wrote:

Thats a tough question, kind of depends on what the use will be. My first PCP was a Daystate Regal in .22, which as an overall use rifle would be hard to beat, fairly short, enough power, beautifully proportioned and deadly accurate. I was shooting it earlier today. My next one is a Wolverine Hi-Lite in a .22 also. It would be a little long for some people to use for hunting, but the accuracy might make that length be forgotten. My next one is an older FX Tarantula sport in .22. This rifle is as new and has a six section FX moderator on it. The fit, finish, and contour of the stock put it in a class by itself, and the accuracy is second to none, it is a gorgeous rifle. My last rifle was just bought a couple months ago. It is a serial no. 3XX, EdGun Matador R3 that is in as new condition. I just got it back from Brian after he put it back to original condition and add the offset moderator. Its just as accurate as the others and is my first try at a bullpup. Already the squirrels dont like it, got two at 44 and 48 yards just a couple of days after it returned. Ill be honest with you it would be very difficult to choose a favorite among these. I can already see that the R3 is going to get used the most, so I guess that would be it, today anyway.

Well one thing I learned alot with single shot pcps and then owning Impacts especially in 22 cal-- The rate by which I go through ammo is crazy with the Impact. It's just too easy to do. Lol

I also think it's funny that our hobby here is called pcp like the drug cuz it is kinda like being addicted to a drug. 

That's why Uragan has my attention. Similarly speaking of the Impact , I'm expecting high shot count and the side lever has been lowered in relation to where it was on the AGT Vulcan. It is similarly placed right above the trigger where I think is perfect for quicker follow up shots.