N/A What's your favorite compact PCP?

I own two Bullpups that I bought at very economical prices, and both are shooters with air tubes.

BSA Defiant and AirMaks CaimanX

BSA Defiant 2.jpeg

BSA Defiant 3.jpeg

Caiman X2.jpg

CaimanX.png

I am on the hunt for ideas for my next one... looking for a compact PCP, either in standard configuration or bullpup. I am after a 22 caliber gun for plinking and spot and stalk hunting, no preference on bottle or tube.
Well, well if we talking compact we need to put on the table the Huben pistol, there's already a ton of mods out there to turn it into a Carbine and cannot get more compact then that with the beauty fact that this pistol performs like a rifle ( actually can be way more powerful then many rifles out there ) and the power adjusting is a breezecan go from super powerful to very very mild in seconds.....a ton of data out there for the .22 power adjustment

My favorite Compact was the FX wildcat M2, however I gave it to my son. It is chambered in .22 and would shoot pellet in pellet at 50 yards off a bench on calmer days. besides the consistent accuracy it is extremely light weight. I bought mine through SPAW and Ken Hicks put a power plenum on it. I miss it dearly and am currently saving for the wildcat M3BT.

Whats your budget? Weight preference? Max length? What power level? I am a fan of short guns and is all I own now for a couple years. My personal favorite is the Evol Mini. Such a top notch gun. While I personally haven't owned one if I were to do all out bullpup I'd go with the Ghost. I'd be torn on the Carbine or Plus version though. But both are expensive.

Cheaper I'd say Taipan Vet1 Short, Uragan compact, RTI Prophet Compact are all great and personally owned. Others I haven't owned are the various BRK carbines, Lelya 2.0, Caiman/X, and Krait with the new regs are all great guns. I'm no FX fan due to there barrel systems and lack of true stability that many have spoken out about but people do like the Dreamline compacts. The Panthera Hunter compacts seem nice and better barrel lockup. I think this is your middle of the road Budget guns probably from $1000-$1700.

Then cheap I'd recommend the Notos. Such a great gun for the price. People still like the Prod but for what it is it's severely lacking compared to the Notos. I've owned a few in the past and you could throw alot of money at them but personally think the Notos is the better gun unless you just want a project gun to build up.

Doesn't hurt to look for used from a well known member. That's what I do before I ever buy a new one. I own a Evol Mini .22, Uragan Compact .22 and a Notos. All were used except the Notos.

Reactions: L.Leon