N/A What's your favorite compact PCP?

For compact, I would give serious consideration to Kalibrgun Cricket long from Charlie Frear at Georgia Airguns. Mine will shoot a ten shot one hole group at 50 yards in .22 shooting the 18 Gr AA pellet. The simplicity and durability of these rifles are amazing.

2nd place for me in a compact would go to a FX Impact MK III or a BRK Ghost.

Good luck!

I am on the hunt for ideas for my next one... looking for a compact PCP, either in standard configuration or bullpup. I am after a 22 caliber gun for plinking and spot and stalk hunting, no preference on bottle or tube.
I would recommend FX Dreamline Tactical Compact. It is small, lightweight, accurate and powerful for its size. It's not expensive by high end airgun standard. Since it's a lego gun, it has endless possibilities for you to make it however you like for the day. AAA mini and BRK atomic are similar but not as flexible.

I like my Atomic XR, I also have a Pathfinder XR… But for walking around, sub 50 yards small game or pesting? The Atomic XR, at 17 FPE many here in America believe its underpowered. But small critters find it simply irresistible…🙏

IMG_0369.jpeg

Both of the below guns are short (as you seek), very accurate, eazy to adjust the power, both regulated, very good triggers (and adjustable}. Don't leak (mine don't !), overall, shoot well.
The Caiman is a bit nicer finished with a full covering wood stock. The butt pad adjusts up and down.
The Krait is much more industrial looking, with no wood. The butt pad adjusts both, up and down and in and out to adjust the length of pull.
Both shoulder and aim very easily.

I've got both models and like both models.
The wood stock Krait at the bottom has some good updates from the original Krait, but the regulator is not easily adjustable. It is a few dollars cheaper.
I don't have one of these...yet !

Or -

Or - (a wood stock Krait), newer model of the above Krait.

Mike

Last edited:
Tons of guys swear by the notos. (basically a pp750) I have two pp800s, both can be configured as a carbine. They are both very good, but not as good as the pp750s IMO, but still extremely accurate. The .25 cal one I have has a cothran valve and does 50fpe in the short barrel. But has no shot count whatsoever.

My favorite one, a .22 cal brocock grand prix in a contour s6 stock is going to very hard to come by or replicate. But it is so compact, and accurate, and very well built.

Here's both.

314202776_1511524812652444_6941206783415321586_n_edited.jpg
20220311_175825_edited.jpg

Were "I" buying I would be trying to get back my old Titan MPT. Dont really think you'll find a used one of those though so.
The AF Escape UL is 4.5lb and 28 to 38' depending on what your lop is set at.
We have the .25 (purchased only for safer marmot shooting which didn't take long) that happens to group Really well and has a -factory- crisp 1.4lb trigger - .
In. 22 you could use a low cost aftermarket reg and have a dream utility.
Tis a single shot ( and ugly) and just a bit odd if used to traditional rifles but that (while not really changing much) have come a long way from the original gunpower day's.

John

Reactions: SteveV and mercado
I own a Taipan Compact in .25 and its a tack driver. My only complaint is that its heavy, especially if you are going to scope it with a decent scope. Another lighter option would be the Daystate Huntsman Revere in .22. It's a carbine so its in-between a bull pup and a full-size rifle.It's 36.5" in length. And sometimes they show up in the classifieds for $1000 give or take a hundred