What's your favorite Bullpup in .25 or.22 ?

I'm looking to get a bullpup in .25 or .22 I prefer .25. What are recommendations and experiences ? I would be hunting small game . I do shoot a lot at 50+ yards , but sometimes closer . I am concerned with accuracy and I would like a decent amount of power . I have a lower powered .22 for really small pests and indoor use and a modded .357 with plenty of knock down for big stuff. Price isn't a huge issue. Thanks in advance

My .22 Bobcat is unbelievably accurate. First kill ever was 102 yard head shot. This gun was set up for "scope clicking" is way more consistent & repeatable than I ever expected it to be. To be completely truthful though, a body shot doesn't have quite the knockdown effect that my .25 or .30 guns have. Those calibers are more forgiving.

Reactions: Turboram
Here I explain what I decided in regard of your question:

Previously to my last purchase, doubtless the Airgun Technology Vulcan 3 and Uragan. Those rifles are fantastic !!! ..... But for me the electronic trigger of the Daystate Renegade is unbeatable !!!

My TAIPAN "Original: MUTANT .22
Just a STELLAR gun all around !! ( Left )
Sister a .177 Veteran ( Right)

DSCF0930_50.jpg

I can't more highly recommend the AirMaks Caiman. I have the Caiman X in .25 and it is a joy to hold and shoots. Extremely accurate as would be expected from a CZ barrel, and Utah Airguns has them on sale. Really good value IMO.

Here is the natural wood version of the Caiman .25 at Utah Air. Smoking deal IMO.

1687303608316.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bravo1956 and MrP
These 3 P35s were less than $1500. The 22 has given me two 195 scores at the 30 yard challenge so far. Still hoping for a little better. The best with the 177 is a 193. The 25 is not good at target shooting at this point but has killed 18 squirrels so far for me. They are just over 5 lbs prior to a scope and under 30 inches long. Magazine fits flush so it works great for people who shoot from the left shoulder like me. Easy to make quiet with a hair curler mod or an in shroud moderator. They are my favorite airguns.

All three P35s.jpg

Reactions: mercado and MrP
For walking around I love my Wildcat compact in 22 cal. It actually took out a skunk last night with an itty bitty 17.5gr Nielsen slug doing about 950fps.

For longer ranges my 700mm 25 Cal Impact is pretty rad. It makes about 80-85fpe with a pretty mild tune.

Depending on your actual power requirements, I would also consider looking at:
Taipan Veteran
AGT Uragan 2
AGT Vulcan 3
FX Maverick
AirMaks Caiman X

I gotta go with the FX Maverick!

Want a different caliber? BAM! *10 minutes, you have your new tune, hammer, barrel change, all done ready to shoot!

Want 130fpe? Sure! .30

Want long range with 80fpe? 300 yards or even more? No problem. .25

Want to just get in some trigger practice and smack Starlings with penney-pellets? .22

I should have added my Benjamin Akela (mine is .177 but comes in .22 as well) Very accurate and easy to adjust power lever with external control dial.

Benjamin 4 (2).jpg

UPDATE: I traded in my .177 for a .22 Akela. Accuracy is superb. FPE is up. I put a Hawke compact "Touch" (zero eye relief) scope on it. Just shoulder it, put your eye into the rubber shroud, and you are consistently on target. Love it.

Attachments

• Akela .22 (2).jpg
    Akela .22 (2).jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Reactions: weehooker
I've currently have two bullpups. One is a FX Wildcat III BT Sniper in .25 and the other is a Benjamin Akela in .22. Both are pretty stock/unmolested. I don't hunt but do find the handling characteristics of either bull pup pretty sweet. ( Even the 700mm barrel on the FX still produces a sub 36 rifle.) FWIW, the FX is defiantly a finer built rifle , with more built in "tweakability" but the Akela is still a joy to shoot and a favorite (It's a great value at 1/3 the cost of the Wildcat BT too.)

Last edited:
Reactions: orangeokie