Whats your fav budget gas piston Rifle ?

swarmmag22_version2.1606299140.jpg

I don't know if $300 is "budget", but I really enjoy shooting the Gamo Swarm gen2 magnum .22.

My 2nd favorite (~$150 new) break-barrel (have owned only a few, maybe six or eight in my life) is another Gamo, the Silent Cat in .177.
(as you can see, I like to put some color on mine. :) )

silentcat2020_take4a.1606299242.jpg

And finally, bottom of the list, but the cheapest good shooter I've had is a Varmint in .177. $80 new.

gamovarmintcamopaintjob001.1606299347.jpg

And finally, the one break-barrel I just hated, the Umarex Forge ($150). What a piece of poorly-made junk. :(

umarexforge001.1606299396.jpg

What is wrong with the Forge ? It's a good looking gun.

I'm an HW/Beeman and UK BSA/Webley guy (might try an AA springer soon) and wanted a cheap springer in .25 for close range thumping. I didn't want to spend $$$ for an HW80/90/95/98 in .25 at the time so I purchased a Hatsan 95 (spring version) in .25 for real cheap, I think under $170 new and it came bundled with a cheap scope. It turned out to be an absolute gem, I couldn't fault it - very accurate and hard hitting. I gave it to a family member who fell in love it with after shooting it a few times, it was his intro to airguns, he's been good to me so I didn't mind. After that I picked up a Hatsan 87QE with a gas ram in .25 new for about $150, again a total gem. It currently shoots 16.5 grain lead free .25 cal pellets at 775 fps and is very, very, very accurate too. It was bundled with a cheap scope and is a death ray to large invasive iguanas out to 25-30 yards. I really enjoy shooting it.

What is wrong with the Forge ? It's a good looking gun.

It is! Reason I got it really. And it looks great. 

From 5-feet away. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C23tuPDzq0

And in spite of it's looks, the mechanical problems were numerous. 

I bought it direct from Umarex, complained, they wanted me to send it back, my dime, and wait a few more weeks for a replacement.

Nah, sold it for a little loss and moved on. It's the 3rd or 4th Umarex-branded gun I've owned that I wish I hadn't.

Benjamin Varmint NP in 22. Purchased reconditioned from Midway for $37.00 a couple years back. Yep, $37.00. Cocks easy, shoots straight (after a barrel bend- lol) and has a nice shot cycle. Dime groups at 25 yards all day long with 14.3 Crosmans, 15.9 JSB's or 18.1 JSB's. A modest 18 FPE gun. I've spent well over 10X the money on other springers and 40x the money on some high end PCPs, but that little Benjamin always brings a smile to my face when I shoot it.