What’s your daily job?

After a period of transition, I've decided this retirement thing is a pretty good gig. An average day usually involves one or more of the following: shooting in the yard, playing tennis, going to the gun club, taking the car for a drive in the country, taking the dog for a run, visiting grand kids, or doing nothing. The problem with doing nothing of course, is finding a good stopping point! Then around 5:00 the dog reminds me it's time to open the bar, since she gets a snack (no not bourbon). But I'm blessed with good health (since having both shoulders repaired), and a great family. If you have that, all else is just extra stuff.
I'm w/ you ! Retired now for 3+ years from on the road environmental sites. Had a new hip in 2018 , went back to work for a bit with a employer deal that I'd be home on weekends instead of 3-8 weeks out, till I was ready to call it quits . I've had both shoulders replaced since then and I do what I want , when I want ( as long as my Queen lets me ! ) . Shooting , pesting ,reloading etc. My Mrs. is still part timing here at home till ?? Grandkids are 8hrs away & no pets.

Working in public utilities for a large gated neighborhood. Mostly maintaning street signs mailbox's and posts, these days.
Im collecting SS and using it to pay off debts so that I can retire clean in 2025, at 70 years of age.
My 401K will be light, because I made a cash withdrawl six years ago, and bought a house, our first property to own and not rent since we married in 77. This is why guns need an issue to get them in my price range. Lol
👍

I hustled and endured 36 years as a UPS driver, moving a million packages. Kinda nice to sit at a bench, relax and shoot an air rifle. I will be eventually be making knives again, once i can get a place to set up a forge. Just enjoying not being in a rush to get from point A to point B.
I need a custom knife made. Wish I knew how to make my own.

Reactions: manabeknives
Graduated high school June 1973 on a Friday, the following Monday morning I was in Lincoln Electric Welding School for three months. Worked a contract machine shop for three years then hired in at Caterpillar Tractor as a weldor. Caterpillar closed the plant to move to Korea. Back to machine shop for 29 years, primarily as supervisor but also did machine maint., bldg maint., hiring, firing, quoting, everything except owning the place. Left machine shop to go to Swagelok for last 10 years of my career, five in warehouse maintenance with wire guided vehicles and conveyor systems and everything that breaks in a warehouse. Last five years at Swagelok was basically the village blacksmith making anything they needed. Great job, great company. Retired July 2022.
Now I tinker around the house fixing and/or maintaining whatever breaks.
Got into PCP’s two years before retiring . I shoot every day in the basement and in summer go to the range 3 to 4 times a week. I also do grass cutting and weed whacking at gun club to keep it looking nice plus volunteer for competition events regularly. Also have two permissions for year round pesting. I also deer archery hunt in fall.
Always wanted a much better knowledge base in electronics so this year I started hitting the books on accomplishing that. And I have two fly rods I bought in May 2022 that I haven’t even opened yet.
I NEED MORE TIME !!

Reactions: Mike_OH
I work for the power company. I am a lineman for the past 25 years. Before that I drove trucks. Before that I was in the military. Before that I was in school. There you have it.

Now I’m the old guy with the gray facial hair! 😆😆😆
IMG_7909.jpeg
IMG_7911.jpeg
IMG_7892.jpeg
IMG_7910.jpeg
IMG_7908.jpeg
IMG_7930.jpeg
IMG_7929.jpeg
IMG_1229.jpeg
IMG_5380.jpeg
IMG_8987.jpeg

IMG_6444.jpeg