• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s your daily job?

No job / retired CUZ of health.
But i have done / are educated for.

Working machines cutting metal. ( machinist )
That could be cut / die tools. ( tool maker )
I am also educated for most forms of surface treatment, from removing rust / protecting against rust by spraying metal and wet paint / powder paint .
I have also shortly worked with electric surface treatment, generally zinc plating, but also chrome.
I am also skilled in transport, first as a sailor but i also have the papers to be what the idiots here now call a transport technician, but it is what we sane PPL call a trucker, so C / CE license + certificate to drive with dangerous goods.
Also forklift operator, but no biggie take you 3 weeks or so to become certified for that, i did that unlicensed when i was 16 got licence when i was in my 30ties.
On the ships, i have also 2 times worked as lone ship engineer, but that is not a education i have, far too long and complicated for me, but i know stuff, well enough to keep a diesel running no matter if it is one you can lift with one hand, or stand comfortable inside a cylinder on top of the piston.
My last job saw me running a manual axle grinding machine and also running a paint booth, in the end with a stupid cobot / robot i had to figure out myself too.

Right now i am pretty good at sitting on my ass, and if need be i can discharge a air rifle with a OK accuracy if i have to say so myself.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I served 4 years back in the 1990's. My first tank was an M1IP, and then we got the M1A1. I got to do a brief 1 day familiarization course with the then new M1A2. The CITV and all those touch-screens were really something.

I made some lifelong friends, and boy did we have a good time. I'll never forget the first day of actual in the field driver training at Ft. Knox. Yelling clear to the rear, holding the starter button down, and listening to that turbine wind up was an awesome experience.
Yeah, anyone who has never served or if they did, and not in CBT Arms especially in Armor have no idea. That sound is a beautiful thing. The pack was 2/3 transmission and fwd mod 1/3 was the actual engine a modified reengineered Huey helicopter turbine engine. But my favorite memory of the tanks was O dark thirty sending rds down range! That smell of freshly burnt carbine almost like fresh baked bread early in the morning! hahahaha Yeah me too have so many fond memories of those days, the family I raised, the friends I made, and the list goes on.

Reactions: Northwoods22
Cool job. Can you tell us any funny or horrific things you saw. Do you still eat meat?????
Nothing cool about it. Hot, sweaty, smelly, physically demanding job that ate most people up and spit them out. About 1 out of 100 people make it more than 1 year on a high speed fat cattle kill floor. I haven't bought meat out of a store in +30 years, I do my own. Cattle, hogs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, deer, and fish. Butcher, inspect, process it all myself.

Full time iguana slayer and I take people out on tours to help eradicate them

20240126_121310.jpg

20231127_161917.jpg

20231122_164234.jpg

20231030_135250.jpg

20231030_175934.jpg

20231006_152522.jpg

20230712_155334.jpg

20230712_132726.jpg

20221013_141313.jpg

Use to be a systems Integrator, software developer and tax accountant. Now a full time care-giver for my 92 year old mother and 5/8ths retired from technology! Had worked remotely 8 years before covid, so staying at home was already nothing. Now I want to become a professional rat exterminator! The wife still works part-time as an accountant/bookkeeper and we spend a lot of time with our grandchildren. Been trying to figure out how I could get away with playing golf and shooting the ground squirrels and gophers at the same time!

Reactions: JaceSpace1369