What's your best build?

We loved seeing @UpNorthAirGunner tag us in his build for the Northeast Airgun Classic!
Check out their video - FX Dynamic .35 cal + Element Theos 700 Yard

Last year an FX Panthera won the PSC Challenge and an FX Impact won the 100 YD Bench.

So tell us - What's YOUR best build?

Be sure to bring it to the Northeast Airgun Classic to see how it stacks up against the competition!
April 17-21 at the Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, NH.
Don't wait for the last minute. Registration is filling up fast, but there are still openings in the Pro and Sportsman categories.
https://www.northeastairgunclassic.com/registration

What's your best build.jpg

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Reactions: North East Airguns
It's super rare.

....How come no one else is posting builds here? Was that just the name of the contest?
Post some builds!
I'll post one up!

My kral mega that I put an np01 barrel and np03 tube on. Molded a thumbhole stock off a jumbo to the mega front end.

20230226_152517.jpg

I actually just swapped it over to a 425cc bottle and jumbo stock. Got tired of the 16 shots it had with the tube, so I'm getting 70 shots in 25 cal now on a 250 bar fill and the power is a little better with less noise. Sends AA 25.4s at 810 fps. She's just under 34" long.

1000006356.jpg

Some builds are packed with too many secrets to post pictures of and disclose everything. But I certainly like looking at builds. Especially true builds. Bolt on specials are less interesting but as long as all the stuff bolted on achieves a goal, then that’s a great accomplishment too.

The level of cloak and dagger in your post made me think of the song "Tribute" by Tenacious D. The Jack Black humor may not hit home with the average Airgun Nation user, but your post prompted me to go watch it again for the first time in years. Yep, still hilarious.

The level of cloak and dagger in your post made me think of the song "Tribute" by Tenacious D. The Jack Black humor may not hit home with the average Airgun Nation user, but your post prompted me to go watch it again for the first time in years. Yep, still hilarious.
There shined a shiny demon... in the middle of the road

Some builds are packed with too many secrets to post pictures of and disclose everything. But I certainly like looking at builds. Especially true builds. Bolt on specials are less interesting but as long as all the stuff bolted on achieves a goal, then that’s a great accomplishment too.

This might be considered a "true build."
A Cricket 35 cal. to .25 cal. conversion. Slug only gun.
The second Plenum Regulator is set at just under 120 Bar. 24 shots from a 260 Bar fill.
Shoots 46-50+ gr. slugs at 86+ FPE with more available.
The Balance Valve makes it extremely easy cocking, and unbelievably quiet.
The Custom Moderator and LDC only weigh 9.1 oz. and finish the quiet thing.
Done building it. Time to just shoot it.
Here's TOO many photos..........
1Cricket9mmStock1.jpg

Before.....looks unfinished.

1BeforeAnodized parts.jpg

Some of the parts made for this gun.

1Anodized parts.jpg

After I anodized everything.

1AnodizedMagHS.jpg

Was a 35 cal. The red cocked indicator was just for fun because I could. Turns out I use it a LOT.

1MyCricketMag.jpg

A tight tolerance slug mag. that holds long slugs.

CricketChrony.jpg

Recent 5 shot slug testing, with the 30" barrel.

CricketChrony1.jpg

30" barrel 5 shot stats.

300YardGroup.jpg

6 of 7 shots at 300 yards.

300yards MOA.jpg

This was with the 23" barrel.

1MyCricketModsDone.jpg

Here's how it turned out with the 23" barrel.

CricketFinished.jpg

And this is the finished gun with 3 barrels.

20240302_173638.jpg

Crosman 1720 bottle build with a Marauder rifle .177 barrel. It groups a little better than it did with a 21" Discovery barrel, but in reality wasn't too shabby in that config either.
I did have to modify the loading tray, as the barrel had to have a little more clearance for the transfer port to align properly. Also, the lead on this barrel is a little tighter, plus being one inch shorter, it lost close to 35-40 fps, so I swapped the 1500 psi output reg for a 1800 psi reg. Shoots just over 19 fpe now, so still within Hunter Field target spec. Have a tin of the new Benjamin Match grade pellets on order, anxious to see how they do compared to AA 10.3 gr.

2023-12-11.jpg

These are my three P-Rods - the one on top is equipped with a Marauder 20" LW barrel in .22 with a slightly modified Benjamin Fortitude tube & stock.
Middle unit is a stock P-Rod in a Tom West stock, and the one on the bottom is a P-Rod action in a 1701 tube.

20240307_174253.jpg

And this is a Don Cothran 2250 build with one of his balanced valves regged at 1800 psi getting right at 30 fpe with 16 grainers. And a Grant Stace lefty breech with a really cool barrel band set up making it very sturdy with a stable poi.

All of my guns are "outdated" by AGN standards, but I'm ok with that. I'm comfortable with these formats and old enough to not care about keeping up with the latest and greatest. The GEEZER PARADOX indeed!