• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's your .22 R9 / HW95 favorite pellet(s)?

UPDATE with some good news!!!

So I got another .22 barrel, and did the pellet test the same as above, snugness at breech, loose at bore and tight at choke. BUT!!!!! it's shoot nickle size grouping at 25y within the fist 20 pellets through the barrel using Crossman HP.

So I can definitely say that the myth of pushing the pellet through the barrel test is busted. The barrel that didn't shoot well with F&N ftt and Crossman just haven't found the pellet(s) it like yet or maybe it need some more time to break in, idk.

Hi Thach, It was nice enuff outside to piddle about alittle bit and I came across my targets I shot with the R9. Best Groups at 25yds were with pellets,(JSB EXACT JUMBO 15.89, dime covers the 5 shot group), (JSB Straton 15.9, dime size 5 shot group), (Crosman Piranha 14.3 gr did well) , ( Gamo Rocket did well, this pellet has a BB in the head of the pellet,very good for penetration), JSB Hades 15.89gr,dime size 5 shot group), (JSB Monster Redesign 25.39gr 5.5mm did surprisingly well given how heavy it is), ( H&N Terminater 16.36gr, nickel size 5 shot group ), ( AirArms 16gr did well), ( H&N FTT (Field Target Trophy) 14.35 gr 5.55mm did very well,Probably the tightest group,easily completely covered by a dime, the other 2 sizes 5.4mm & 5.3mm did did very well but the H&N FTT 5.55 grouped the best of the 3). ( JSB Exact 14.35 5.5mm is tied with the H&N FTT 5.55mm). Other pellets tried were H&N Silver Point 17.3 gr Big nogo ), (AirArms 18gr nogo), (H&N Baracuda Match 21gr not bad,nickel size group), (JSB RS 13.4 gr 1" group), ( H&N Spitzkugel 16 gr did great 1 session and then fell off the next time out), ( H&N Sniper Light were a big nogo). ( Crosman Premier Pointed 14.3gr just covered by a quarter). (H&N Excite nogo). ( And finally the Gamo Red Plastic tipped pellet was a nogo ). Found a couple more targets,lol. H&N Barracuda 15 did pretty good, a dime size group with 1 opening it up just a smidge, that could have been me. (FX 15.9 was a nogo) . ( H&N Barracuda 18 gave a quarter inch group ). ( H&N Sport wad-cutter was a nogo). (H&N excite gave a half-dollar group size group). ( Falcome Dome 13.43 did well). ( RWS WadCutter Meisterkugen 14gr did really well but 1 opened the group to a quarter). That's it,finally! lol. I seen where you had gotten another barrel for your R9. Where did u get it from (Air Venturi ?) I have'nt gotten around to polishing the barrel yet. I can't find that polishing compound I have. When I do I'll let you know if it has helped any.