• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What's Wrong With This Image?

Anybody see what's wrong with this supposedly brand new Athlon scope?
PXL_20230721_223007372.MP.jpg

As soon as I reached into the box and picked the scope up in the plastic bag I thought, that feels heavier than I remember my Athlon Talos weighing. Now we all know why. Return label already printed and replacement will be here Sunday. If the weather allows, I just might mount this Argos because I had second thoughts on the Ares to begin with due to its minimum parallax of 25 yards. If it will focus below 25 yards enough to shoot and be within 1/2 inch at 15 yards, I'd be okay with that. It's not like I'll make many sub 25 yard shots to begin with.

I'm the only somebody that lives here and the voices in my head often say crap like that but I ignore them. After all, I'll be the one installing new felt on it if I mess it up, again. 🤣
The slightly less than two years I owned a pool table, it was never uncovered unless I was playing. Besides myself, only people that ever played on it were just shy of being on the pro tour good, no hacks ever touched it. Had a couple pro players play with me from time to time on it. Brunswick gold crown tournament with 2" slate, simonis 760 tournament felt, closed off room with controlled temp and humidity. Had to sell when I moved and had no place for it, a good friend and good player got it for less than a 25% the price for a new one, about what I had in it. I almost just gave it too him as I knew it had a good home, it stayed there until just a few years ago. I got a call from his son out of the blue, how he found me I don't know as my friend and I lost touch 20+ years previous when I was half way accross the country. His son wanted to know if I wanted the table back, his dad had passed. I haven't touched a cue since 2005, and hadn't been good enough since 2002 or so to have a real table, so I obviously told him to sell it. It's a shame, I actually have a room big enough to properly have a full size table in it. I told him if he didn't know any high end players through his father he should have two or three real billiard supply businesses to come out and give a quote on it and let it go to highest, and if someone who knew his father and was a real player wanted it, don't price it, just tell them whatever they want to pay is good. He told me he still had never used the table since he had no interest in truly learning how to be good and was honoring his father's wish to leave it alone, only real players allowed to touch it. Guess he raised his kid right.