What’s with all the negativity on AGN lately?

Pigs are delicious.

I have nothing but positive thoughts and comments concerning pork products.

Your post is positive on the surface, but the negative from your post is it's making me hungry!!! Yes, I can find negative in anything! 
1f602.svg

I am positively amazed that you managed to turn that about sir!!!

I shall endeavor to persevere, despite your display of blatant negativity regarding my positivity.

Now I am hungry, of that I am positive.

Outside of AGN, I've seen a lot of ignorance and just all around rude replies to a lot of things. As someone who is fairly perceptive, the world as a whole seems to be going downhill in an extremely fast spiral. Between Covid, civil unrest of a violent nature, and just a really bad year in general; a lot people have become far less... I'll say civil.

And i have my days as well where i can be a bit hostile in some situations that don't really warrant it. For me, I've had a multitude of things in my life that have become major issues recently that have degraded my ability to deal with certain situations in a level headed approach. A lot of people, particularly those who have lost income and housing due to the world's issues, have lost a lot of their ability to handle things in a polite manner. 

This includes myself, i find that i often consider simply packing up all my hiking and wilderness gear and making off to the woods for a solitary existence away from anything to do with society and it's constant discontent. That is to say, i would have a lot of coming issues in that regard, many of them legal thanks to ridiculous laws over hunting and travelling with things like an airgun. But as the year comes to a close, i can't help but notice that the animosity continues to escalate among society and it's divided masses. 

Without bringing political discussion into this, something that is difficult at the moment when discussing this, it seems that things are only going to get worse in the times to come. In return, i find myself considering leaving society even more regardless of the abovementioned possibility of legal issues with said hunting and travelling. 

We are living in a time where many of the old morals and such have been lost, respect is dying and ignorance is replacing it at a horrifying rate. So much so that it has begun to infect the masses like a disease run rampant. If I'm being honest, as honesty is my preferred, i don't see society repairing itself before the fecal excrement impacts the vertical oscillator. At which point any and all moral inclination will be dropped and society will revert to a tribal existence. There will be war on a scale seen only in places where things like feudal warlords still exist, but spread across the world in an animalistic regression of human nature. We can only hope that "this too shall pass" as nothing more than a theory, but until then we can only accept what is and hope that things do not escalate beyond it's current state of affairs. As it was once said, it shall be said again, Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum ("Therefore let him who desires peace get ready for war.").

I pray that i am wrong in this, but history tells us that we cannot deny the fact that this has become a repeat of histories worst times relived. We are doomed to repeat history, it is the human nature it seems.

I don't post super often. But when I do I've never had anyone be negative. I've seen it a few times. But overall AGN seems to be well moderated when it does happen.

But what you said makes sense. I'm one of the influx people I imagine. New to the hobby. Usually what you encounter at other forums is long time eliteist people who scoff at your newbness. Or new people who who just don't understand that particular forum culture, so they assume the worst based on previous experience and come in guns blazing.

A hobby like this isnt as mainstream as say airsoft or paintball. But back when I played paintball..when it was just sorta starting out. We had the idea, be kind and helpful to anyone who wants to know more. The more people in the pie the better for us all. Those days are gone, but the market blew up and the product stream is endless. 

@scopedin You know, sometimes my mom or my wife say: The world is worst that it has ever been. Then I remind them that of the Roman times, the Crusades, WW1 & 2, Times when roaming armies would raid a village and kill every man & child & rape and take all the women and goods. Slavery (not just in the USA & not just a particular ethnicity) all slavery. The plague. I reckon I could keep on going.....but I hope y’all get my point. Some things can always be better, but things are not as dire as some say they are or have ever been. 

YES! STOTI; Speaking only for myself, retired 71 yrs old, still have what it takes to remove a 60' cotton wood from my yard, re insulate my attic and several other demanding chores. But I'm feeling caged. The election crap, the constant hollering of un proven voter fraud, the pandemic, the turtle speed of vaccine distribution. People who drive 10 to 20 mph over the limit, run lites and stop signs cause there is less traffic due to the pandemic,AND THEY FEEL THEY HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY OVER ALL OTHERS. Never knowing if my wife and I are being exposed by the maskless and those who wear them in various half mast styles or have a vent valve in their mask. Comcast has found out how to force the commercials to play in our program recordings and many other more than slightly annoying actions that affect our ability to find the quiet sanctity of sacrosanct peace. Pesting isn't enough to give me rest and and relief. I come to the forum to read other viewpoints on anything airgun related. The Maverick was a truly joyful surprise and I still read and reread the evaluations and anything related. I still wait in hopeful anticipation of an FX semi-auto perhaps similar to the Pro x or valve less configuration (Huben). BUT I STILL FEEL CAGED, PUT UPON, HARASSED, BOTHERED, ANNOYED. I FIND MYSELF BECOMING NEGATIVE AND NASTY. BUT I'M FIGHTING IT. I figure it will be june before I get the 2nd shot and 2 more weeks after that till maybe I can go maskless. I spent my time in NAM and didn't feel as closed in and trapped as I do now. The mask is the least of it. I worked as a construction electrician 45 years, we used masks often to avoid dust inhalation. OH!! forgot I have trouble tolerating the bashing to since NONE of it is related to airgunning. I feel we are entitled to our opinions ON AIRGUNNING while on this forum. NO OTHER OPINIONS NEED APPLY. We had a response in construction to those who voiced their "stuff" at work---- stick it , stuff it, or shove it just don't leave it on the floor. Well, just don't leave it in the forum. Now I'm done bashing. I'd like to think we might have a brotherhood here to share experiences,hunts, small groups, tuning solutions, help for air guns problems and related items. I'm not here to slap faces with my opinions. I don't accuse people of being in the pay of any manufacturer,etc. Let's not spend our time taking wacks at each other.

I agree I have found a lot of trolls on AGN lately seems everyone has a problem with venders or other members. I try and be friends with everyone because I love AGN and most members are great help and friendly guys!! but I find am getting fed up with the new trash talking and a lot of new Karin's on hear now. 😂😂

oh and anyone who knows me knows my grammar and spelling is really bad!!! Hahahah.