• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s with all the negativity on AGN lately?

not along time member here, but I find AGN to be the LEAST negative of the forums I frequent.

You cant get this many people together (in person or online) and expect them to agree on everything all the time. Try ordering a pizza for 3 people......

I got a grin out of the “the 7 hour” post, but I was also instructed by it. I also have been in a similar situation, so its comforting that otherwise knowledgalbe folk can be flummoxed, confused and confounded by the new stuff hitting the market.

dont like the convo, move on. 

Vendors pay the bills here. This is the rule we do not mention. Make no mistake though, they do.

That said it looks, in this case, like the op was getting a load of cr49 from a couple of clowns and asked Mike to lock it.

Sometimes the "fanboys" are worse than any vendor ever was.

That's not how I read that situation at all. 

In the end, if the malfunction is due to an owner not understanding what he has in his hands and messing it up on Day 1 of ownership, it shouldn't be implied that it's a defect of the product and reflect badly on the manufacturer.

Well one reads things one way. The next man reads them another way.

Regarding a rifle that costs $1700 and is so fragile that a man with a screw driver can "ruin" it by adjusting screws ... ???

!!! Who should it reflect upon?

So here is a perfect example of where I'm going to exercise some extra patience and understanding to try to logically point out the flaw in your reasoning because I see that you're from Greece and English is likely not your native language.

Oh my. Zing!

If you go back and carefully re-read that entire thread, you'll see that the owner does not understand what the two gauges on his rifle were for and what they measured. He thought that both gauges were to measure the pressure of the two regulators and stated that there was no gauge to actually read the air pressure in his air tank, which is clearly wrong. No modern day manufacturer would see a high-end AIR rifle without an air gauge to tell you how much air you have left in your tank.

If you go back and carefully re-read that entire thread you will be impressed with the idea that someone thought it prudent to actually put two regulators on a rifle. No rational engineer is going to call that a good design for use in the hunting field. It might be a good design for bench work.

Now then the darn comment BY MICHAEL at the bottom of the thread says the OP asked for it to be closed. I dunno, maybe he was embarrassed. Maybe he was getting a load of crap from know it all fan boyz. It looked like the fan club did come out to talk smack to him rather than to simply give him a polite and useful answer... because after all is said and done NONE OF US EVER makes a stupid mistake, right?

I stand by my opinion of the designer of a rifle with two regulators and gauges hanging all over it like a Christmas tree. Such rifles might work fine on a bench or for the occasional foray into the woods on a SUNNY day but they will soon be relegated to the corner if you have to send them back to a professional every time you take a screwdriver to them.

Your mileage may vary, and that is fine, so may mine, and you don't have to like it either. Maybe this is an example of the negativity Stoti is trying to point out? One man has an opinion, the other can not resist insulting him and then telling him what he should think?

After reading half of the posts I decided to post. @stoti well timed. But I know some content providers make closer relationships with their sponsors that the lead on in their productions.

Some times those people are called out, just to keep the world honest so to speak, like a comment @intenseaty22 made on my string about a high profile YouTuber deleting his comments because they were hash / negative against the product he was praising.

I do believe in disagreements but people shouldn’t take it personal if they don’t work for you, walk away or step back digest then reply.

"No rational engineer is going to call that a good design for use in the hunting field."

-Cornpone

...you couldn't give me one of those FX contraptions...

...not being negative...just helping prevent Buyer's Remorse...

OIP.CcH3uA92t493lS4xqL5gKgAAAA

Vendors pay the bills here. This is the rule we do not mention. Make no mistake though, they do.

That said it looks, in this case, like the op was getting a load of cr49 from a couple of clowns and asked Mike to lock it.

Sometimes the "fanboys" are worse than any vendor ever was.

That's not how I read that situation at all. 

In the end, if the malfunction is due to an owner not understanding what he has in his hands and messing it up on Day 1 of ownership, it shouldn't be implied that it's a defect of the product and reflect badly on the manufacturer.

Well one reads things one way. The next man reads them another way.

Regarding a rifle that costs $1700 and is so fragile that a man with a screw driver can "ruin" it by adjusting screws ... ???

!!! Who should it reflect upon?

So here is a perfect example of where I'm going to exercise some extra patience and understanding to try to logically point out the flaw in your reasoning because I see that you're from Greece and English is likely not your native language.

Oh my. Zing!

If you go back and carefully re-read that entire thread, you'll see that the owner does not understand what the two gauges on his rifle were for and what they measured. He thought that both gauges were to measure the pressure of the two regulators and stated that there was no gauge to actually read the air pressure in his air tank, which is clearly wrong. No modern day manufacturer would see a high-end AIR rifle without an air gauge to tell you how much air you have left in your tank.

If you go back and carefully re-read that entire thread you will be impressed with the idea that someone thought it prudent to actually put two regulators on a rifle. No rational engineer is going to call that a good design for use in the hunting field. It might be a good design for bench work.

Now then the darn comment BY MICHAEL at the bottom of the thread says the OP asked for it to be closed. I dunno, maybe he was embarrassed. Maybe he was getting a load of crap from know it all fan boyz. It looked like the fan club did come out to talk smack to him rather than to simply give him a polite and useful answer... because after all is said and done NONE OF US EVER makes a stupid mistake, right?

I stand by my opinion of the designer of a rifle with two regulators and gauges hanging all over it like a Christmas tree. Such rifles might work fine on a bench or for the occasional foray into the woods on a SUNNY day but they will soon be relegated to the corner if you have to send them back to a professional every time you take a screwdriver to them.

Your mileage may vary, and that is fine, so may mine, and you don't have to like it either. Maybe this is an example of the negativity Stoti is trying to point out? One man has an opinion, the other can not resist insulting him and then telling him what he should think?

You and I are definitely not on the same wavelength and are seemingly talking about two different things. You want to argue about the design of the Maverick and are questioning the use of two regulators. I'm talking about an owner that made a mistake with a new rifle he was unfamiliar with and then created a thread with a title that basically reads like "my $1700 rifle crapped out within 7 hours" and passed it off like its a fault of the gun when it was most likely his error that cause the problem in the first place. I did not argue the merit of the two gauge design because it's too soon to know whether it's good, bad or indifferent. And before you lump me into the FX "fan boyz" group, you need to know that while, yes, I do currently own a couple of Impacts and several dozen other FX models throughout the years, I'll be the first to speak out objectively about any FX rifle any time it's warranted. If you want to spend the time digging through the last five years of my posts, you'll find plenty of times when I've been openly critical of FX and their design choices.

The fact of the matter is, if the 7 hour thread was about an Edgun, Daystate, AGT or any other brand, my stance wouldn't have changed at all: that the owner didn't know enough about his new rifle to properly tune it and shouldn't confuse others to think that the malfunction was a defect of the rifle when in fact it was human error that caused the problem. I wasn't even defending FX in this case - simply stating that the owner was confused and didn't know his rifle . . . it doesn't matter if it's an FX or Edgun or whatever.

So basically you're talking about the rifle design - and neither you nor I know how the performance and reliability of the Maverick will play out in the future because it's literally been around for only a couple of weeks so you making a blanket statement about how it will never hold up off of a bench is somehow telling the future, which is a skill I don't have. My point to all of this wasn't even about the gun because I don't know enough about it at this time to know how it's future will unfold - my point was about an owner making a mistake and unfairly causing a lot of confusion for others on the forum as to what the problem was. Yes, we all make mistakes and if I was the creator of the post, I would've come clean and owned the mistake and cleared up the confusion for everyone else. An error that I made should not create chaos for other members and/or give the manufacturer bad publicity.

Your beef is apparently with the design of the Maverick and that's fine as you're entirely free to like or dislike whatever you want but you can't honestly say that the rifle owner wasn't the root cause of that fiasco. 

We can agree to disagree and leave it at that - but nowhere was I negative or insulting. My comment regarding whether or not English maybe your native language was not meant as an insult - it was literally a mental reminder to myself that I'm interacting with a poster from outside the US and to take a breathe before responding with the first reactionary thoughts that first came to mind.

All this negativity crap doesn't even phase me these days. You wanna talk smack about my hard earned money I spent on my BB gun? Go ahead. Do you wanna give it praise? Geez, thanks! I am guilty myself of bashing someone's comments or opinions in the past but I have learned to just step away, watch from the sidelines and laugh. I deal with idiots face-to-face that make bad decisions on a daily basis and I have thick skin. Guess what I do for a living. No, I'm not a social worker.

If one should keep their negatively to themselves, then one should also keep ones positivity to themselves as well...for there to be light there must be dark.

Nonetheless, if the porridge isn't the right temperature for you, find a new bowl.

-Matt

Good to have you back!

And if the porridge isn't right just zap it in the micro.