• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s with all the negativity on AGN lately?

Have a good one CC. Oh, I’m going to test the “A” today with heavier slugs, all I have is 39gr and 40gr though. I’ll let you know.

Stoti

Great, I was really surprised when my .25 Slug A didn't really like the 36 or 38 grain NSAs. Maybe I'm even more critical (OCD), since when I can't get a slug to cloverleaf at 50 yards I just don't take it out any further. And the only one that did that for me was the NSA 43.5 grain at 900 FPS. It cloverleafed at 50, and shot MOA 4 out of 5 groups at 100, and the one that wasn't MOA was 1.2 inches C2C. I indexed the barrel yesterday, I noticed that the Superior you sold me was already indexed. Thanks! Its surprising just how much tighter the choke is in the Superior compared to the Slug A. I put the Slug A back in, since even though the Superior shot the 43.5 NSA well, after about 50 shots it was caked with lead up near the choke. Plus the Slug A shoots them slightly better, shoots the King Heavy much better, and doesn't get nearly as dirty... Let me know how it goes? PS., my biggest disappointment was the JSB KOs, they weren't that great in either the Slug A or the Superior. Once FX gets the 700mm Sup Heavy .25 back in stock (hopefully in 2021?), I'll try all the slugs in that one also...

Oops...

upon finding the post “fx maverick lasted 7 hours” was closed due to reasoning unclear to me, I looked into forum rules to find anything that could clarify the relation between forumrules and sponsors... i did not get anything yet

but I did find that the “-“ accuracy points were abolished some time ago.
Sorry to misinform.

Well this is a public forum and each are entitled to their own opinions rather it is right or wrong. I would say its very easy to bypass any negative comments or people. It's your fault if you sit there and read negative comments/ posts IMO. That's what's great about it is the freedom to express your feelings and not be dictated! Here's a good example...what others eat don't make you poop!! To me these type of post are just as bad as what your talking about stirring up the pot.

Helllo everyone. Hmmmm. I have been a quiet member here for a couple of years, quiet largely because of the aforementioned issues. It appears that we as a society have lost an ability of restraint, decency and respect for one another especially when we disagree. Just because something has become "common place" does not make it OK or acceptable. We can agree to disagree, have good and spirited debate, but stay with the facts and firmly root our discussions in facts, not hearsay, or... 

I believe, for the most part, this is a good and informative and reasonable forum, but it can also take a very ugly turn to bash in general terms rather than specifics. Regarding vendors, businesses, products, etc., things can fall through the cracks esp. during these unprecedented times. I can only speak from my own recent experiences, that PA, AOA, UPS, USPS, FedEx, individuals on this forum, etc., have all communitcated, performed, packaged and delivered perfectly, on time, sometimes even early. Perhaps I have just been lucky, but overall, given how much volume these logistics companies and businesses have, it is a surprise that they and their employees have not just completely blown up!

Are times tough and challenging? Absolutely! Are we sometimes at our wit's end with a multitude of varying issues? Absolutely! Does that give anyone the blanket right to kick the metaphoric dog that has no responsibility or culpability in whatever is bothering us or has happened to us? Absolutely NOT! Hence the need for restraint, decency, respect, kindness and compassion to others. I suppose it goes back to the golden rule, treat others as we would have them treat us. If there is a wrong, call it out, but without character assassination. If it is raining outside, say it is raining and put on a rain coat or carry an umbrella, but don't blame others for the metaphoric weather. Always do your best, be the kindest to others that you are able to be, be compassionate to others and yourself. 

Happy Holidays to everyone! Be Well and Be Safe! 

CC- Sometimes trying different types of lubes improve 100 yard accuracy. A lot are too shy to post that it worked.

Some are really night and day diffetences.

Try all lubes till you find the one that gives you the best accuracy.

Thanks Yo, I appreciate the advice... A few things:

I really want to support NSA, since Nick has done such a great job of making slugs affordable to us pellet guys...

NSA slugs already come lubed. He's gone through a few type of lube to come up with the current method, and it works well.

I honestly don't have the time or will to line up various lubes, acetone clean the slugs, lube them, shoot them. It takes enough time to properly tune a gun to shoot slugs accurately at 100+ yards. This gun was bought to be my long term ground squirrel Death Dealer out to 250+ yards. Longest kill so far is only 116 yards, but I haven't seen one farther than that in a while... Arken 6-24x50 EP-4 MOA scope rounds out the package. 

FYI, if any of you remember, I was told by quite a few people on AGN that .25 caliber slugs for the Impact was a loser's proposition, that they didn't work and I should consider a .30 or a .22 setup. And that went on for a few weeks... But I couldn't technically see a reason that .25 wouldn't work, and once I set my mind to something... Plus during it all, I saw Ted's video where he says the .25 King Heavy has knocked his .30 caliber Boobie Bottle Impact off the Throne. And he was nice enough to say .25 Slug A liner with JSB King Heavy (Mk1) at 900 FPS - my exact setup. So my gun on MAX shoots the 43.5 NSAs at 900 FPS, and on power level 3 shoots the King Heavies at 905 FPS. Both of them are MOA at 100 yards...

If I start lubing my secret batch, now I'm stuck. Every time I want to go shoot those slugs I'm now a slave to the process. No thanks. If I can find out of the box slugs that work well I'm golden. Like the NSA 43.5 in the Impact. Took me a while, but I found what works. All I have to do is order more slugs and open the box. Easy...

Oddly enough, for all the time it took to tune and find what works in the .25 Impact, it was conversely insanely easy with the .22 Bleu Wolf HP. The first slugs I tried were the .217 JSB KOs. First at 955 FPS, then from level 8 to level 9 on the Heli Board to 990 FPS and BINGO! MOA at 100 yards consistently. Actually even more accurate than the .25 Impact. And it took me all of a hour or two including the testing to confirm. Sometimes you just get lucky...

Sorry for hijacking the thread Stoti… :(

I must be either blind or completely immune to the negativity that inspires someone to start a topic about it. Maybe it’s because of what I have done for a living for 30 years. Maybe I’m a Richard Cranium and don’t realize it and you’re talking about me. Either way, what I have noticed is when there is a bashing comment about a certain brand, I know that the hair must suddenly stand up on the back of certain members necks and they beeline for their computers or phones. Lately I am impressed with how most people respond to ugly or bashing comments. Guys finally quit feeding the beast and now just shut it down with facts. I’m not on here to be stroked or coddled for bad decision making. I like the opinions from the guys I trust even if it’s not what I want to hear. But it does take time to learn who they are. Quite a few already contributed to this topic.

Good post @stoti. I personally have learned *so* much from many of you - specifically many of you who have chimed in to this very post. I've asked a LOT of questions in here as I've only been playing around with airguns for a year or two now and feel that I'm still on the lower slopes of the learning curve headed upwards on a proverbial mountain. A lot of you have private messaged me ( unsolicited no less ) offering up what I've come to learn as being golden advice. Some of you who have done so are way up on that knowledge mountain and are practically very very wise, yoda like monks to me - lol

So yeah - testiness is a bummer. Maybe its just that its winter time here now for a lot of us ( this is assuming a majority US based . . . ? ) and we're all partially miserable due to it being dark seemingly all the time and cold too. {sigh} Anyway . . . here's hoping for less twitter and facebook like posts and more of what we typically see / read in here.

Oops...

upon finding the post “fx maverick lasted 7 hours” was closed due to reasoning unclear to me, I looked into forum rules to find anything that could clarify the relation between forumrules and sponsors... i did not get anything yet

Sorry to misinform.

Vendors pay the bills here. This is the rule we do not mention. Make no mistake though, they do.

That said it looks, in this case, like the op was getting a load of cr49 from a couple of clowns and asked Mike to lock it.

Sometimes the "fanboys" are worse than any vendor ever was.

Yeah 2020 has been pretty much of a sucky year. It was supposed to be a nice day today and plan to go outside shooting but when I got up it was cloudy cold and very windy. So that took care of that idea. I guess I’ll just be mad at mother nature. No sense in taking it out on somebody else. But I can understand how it’s been a challenging year and people can become a little testy. And also sometimes people can take things the wrong way by reading something online. It’s hard to express yourself sometimes by just typing something.

Vendors pay the bills here. This is the rule we do not mention. Make no mistake though, they do.

That said it looks, in this case, like the op was getting a load of cr49 from a couple of clowns and asked Mike to lock it.

Don't forget why they pay the bills... it's only because we're here to see their advertisements. Forum owners have to draw the line where they think it's best to have a viable business. Too strict and you lose members. Too lenient and you lose members. It's a difficult job trying to keep everyone happy.

No reason to be a jerk, ever. I personally think My FX WC sucks!!! It’s my right, I bought it with my $, and it has drained the life out of me. Why? Because it can’t keep POI to save it’s life! Now, I do acknowledge that there are fantastic shooting FX out there. What really sucks, and to your point, is when I get lambasted over staying my facts. WC MK2 review coming your way soon. Y’all be nice to each other!! It’s not personal, it’s an expensive toy. No need for fanboy foolery. 

Oops...

Sorry to misinform.

That's not how I read that situation at all. From what I gathered from that thread, the OP clearly did not fully understand his new rifle and likely made a mess of it when he went to tweak it despite it coming already well-tuned from a well respected seller/tuner. Then he starts a thread that, based on the title, implies that his new $1700 rifle crapped out within a matter of hours. There were a number of responses - some on the testy side and several in other languages but for the most part, people were just trying to figure out what happened. The OP disappeared from his own thread and didn't provide any additional detail or further updates. In the end, if the malfunction is due to an owner not understanding what he has in his hands and messing it up on Day 1 of ownership, it shouldn't be implied that it's a defect of the product and reflect badly on the manufacturer.