• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What’s up with the Skout Epoch 🤨

What other areas of air gunning would you think it could adapt to?
At some point cost comes into the marketability of any air gun except truly custom target guns. I am wondering if the Epoch may have strayed over the line. That is a ton of money and thus far I have not seen anything that would warrant the cost

I think the reason that Skout embraced my offer to provide them with evaluation and input is because I am strictly, a bench shooter, and more over a distance bench shooter. Being too old, fat and lazy for PRS or FT and not nearly good enough for 25m bench, as I understand it, the design ambition of the gun is to provide a platform that is ultimately accurate at distances out to 300 yds. Naturally , there are limitations inherent to each caliber. The companies strategy was a top down marketing model. Just like many luxury car manufacturers, who first seek to wow the industry by releasing top of the line flagship models first and subsequently provide scaled versions, Skout has taken a similar approach. The Epoch, although not yet a completed evolution, is only the first release. There will be (already being conceptualized ) other models released in the future.